Trying to build a bug out bag but i cant find a descent bag...

Trying to build a bug out bag but i cant find a descent bag. they all look like they are going to fall apart after two days. what kind of bag are is Sup Forumsusing?

Red Oxx Safari. Made in USA, lifetime warranty, and pretty much indestructible.

platatac

Forget about having a green bag or wearing green in a bug out situation. You don't want to be confused with the military.

You want a tough, non descriptive bag. Don't need a million pockets to drive up the price. Get whatever you like and fits your loadout. It is very different for everybody because of location and personal needs. Sup Forums is not the place to ask try /k/

thats a REALLY good point. i would of never thought of that. no sarcasm intended.

get a good internal frame hiking pack
figure out the volume of your load
and get one that will fit everything
I use a 5L day pack and a 65L main pack

also if you're so certain that you will need to bug out
start making food-ammo-weapon caches

also, buy your bag LAST. you build the loadout you want and buy the bag thats big enough to barley fit everything, with about 5% breathing room. if you buy the bag first, you will inevitabley end up trimming or bulking your loadout to fit the bag

The world seems to be getting worse by the minute so i figure i should should start getting ready.

If you don't want it to fall apart then buy a Hefty bag

Just remember user- post apoc trading items are a good idea but so is keeping valuable metals. The chance that a REAL world ending event happens in our lifetime is very slim, so keep some government free form of money on hand for the rebuild.

pre-1965 coins however are perfect post-apocalyptic currency
>anti-clipping/sandwiching design
>known weight
>know purity
I have a troy pound spread between my bug out bag and a couple caches

I just ordered two of these. I don't like the idea of a bunch of external pouches on a bag. Shit can fall out and whatnot.

looks pretty sturdy. ill defiantly look in to it

I never really thought of their being any real currency in this kind of event. well, other then food or gas. what would people want with coins?

>start getting ready

Buy a good NBC respirator/mask.

This is great advice!

good point

You can bet if the shit hits the fan, "currency" will be things in short supply like toilet paper, any kind of medical supplies, antibiotics, bullets, guns, tools, water, water purifiers, and food.

The idea that people will have ANY interest in coins or precious metals in an era where people have to fend for themselves is ludicrous.

I bought two 26" bags. Carrying one giant bag is a pain in the ass. If you get a duffel bag with shoulder straps, at least that leaves a hand free even if you're carrying two bags.

>but i cant find a descent bag

Might be best to get the chute first, then color code and match for the descent bag.
You certainly don't want to have a fashion faux pas while hurtling to the earth.
The best part of the inevitable Trump Apocalypse™? All of the unreadable literature that will eventually come to pass.

Decent?. Descent?. Eff'n idiots. Can't wait until you're all in your little holes dug into the sides of mountains.

35%+ clear alcohol
>getting drunk
>antiseptic
>mild pain killer
lipstick
chocolate
fresh fruit
any luxuries that aren't made locally

get an Alice pack
or a Molle pack

Alcohol is a good one but I'd carry 100% shit. You can always water it down as needed.

true
but anything 35%+ will be worth its weight in gold
and if you have a farm and know how to make a still, that gives you a good income source

I don't know what you are getting at.