Can you spot the difference between the two rappers in this image?

Can you spot the difference between the two rappers in this image?

One is a talented, authentic, and unaffected artist who puts his very soul into the music he creates while at the same time self-innovating and generating soundscapes which evoke the very spirit of a generation.

The other is Kendrick Lamar

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7K2HTxGWEeY
youtube.com/watch?v=hzYMOTVlpbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=yVRbBpvdRRg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ok

>Unaffected

Is this another way of saying that someone ignores constructive criticism and puts out equally shit music with every new release?

Also, Kanye is a textbook example of the phrase, "if you repeat a lie enough times it becomes a truth".

One on the right made two albums that pushed Hip Hop storytelling to its limits while also being beautifully produced music.

One on the left made Yeezus

I see the difference.

The College Dropout, Late Registration and MBDTF are all better than anything Kendrick has released.

>kendrick
>pushed hiphop storytelling to its limits

HAHAHAHAHHAHA
Imagine being this ignorant

youtube.com/watch?v=7K2HTxGWEeY

MBDTF Is literally TPAB watered down. TPAB is so much more grand, personal, and has actual emotional value (at least compared to MBDTF).

Yeezus is better than anything Kendrick has or ever will release

"Act like I ain't had a belt in two classes"

Seriously, Kanye is easily top 5 and ahead of Kandrick

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
The song runaway has more of that than all of TPAB

New Slaves said more insightful things than any Kendrick track.

I love Gorgeous

This.
Kanye will never top TCD/LR.
MBDTF is only getting hype because it's the only modern Kanye album were he isn't dicking around with stupid gimmicks and "experiments".

Yeezus is miles better than the ear-fatiguing pop-rap of MBDTF.

Nah, Yeezus is just Kanye trying to cash in on Death Grips hype at the time.

MBDTF is miles better

Both are shit desu

>pushed Hip Hop storytelling to its limits

except that's probably the worst thing about Kendrick, he hardly explores an interesting perspective or story, it's all autobiographical and surface level. the only songs by him that are interesting from a storytelling perspective are 'these walls' and 'fear'

And I quote,

"She find pictures in my e-mail
I sent this bitch a picture of my dick.
I don't know what it is with females
But I'm not too good at that shit.
See, I could have me a good girl
And still be addicted to them hood rats
And I just blame everything on you
At least you know that's what I'm good at."

Never has there been a less thoughtful comment on women or a relationship with a significant other. Just lines 3 and 4 are enough to prove you wrong friend. They cartry absolutely no deeper meaning.

>inb4 it's too deep you don't geddit

the funniest thing about kendrick stans is they have no idea how generic he is. TPAB is a plainly derivative work, not even comparable to Aquemini or fear of a black planet or the college dropout

Literally every single Kanye album is an indisputable classic in it's own right. Ask any number of Kanye fans what their favorite album and you're gonna hear wildly different answers. Now ask any Kendrick fans. You're not gonna hear anything else than GKMC and TPAB.

>pushed Hip Hop storytelling to its limits
>who is prince paul

>guaranteed replies

YOU'RE ALL SHEEP REEEEEE

How is 808s a classic but Section80 isnt?

>Never has there been a less thoughtful comment on women or a relationship with a significant other.

Dude only got four albums and a mixtape though.

Kendrick has never written a bar as great as
>My childlike creativity, purity and honesty
>Is honestly, being crowded by these grown thoughts
Prove me wrong

one was interesting, one was yet another ATCQ/pharcyde/de la soul derivation

808s is responsible for 80% of rap today

section80 is responsible for unbearable born in le wrong generashun hiphop heads

Both overrated but at least Kendrick is listenable.

>Yeezus is just Kanye trying to cash in on Death Grips hype at the time.

Yeezus sounds nothing like Death Grips except for On Sight which sounds a little bit like Come up and get me. Death Grips didn't invent industrial hip-hop. Kanye recruited some underground producers for Yeezus. Also saying that Yeezus sounds like Death grips says nothing about the actual music. Yeezus is potent, energetic and personal while MBDTF is a huge clusterfuck of features sprinkled with some artsy production. I'd much rather listen to Black Skinhead than listen to Rihanna sing a chorus or Fergie rapping about snorting coke.

is that last verse on Gone the best Kanye verse?

it's his verse on Monster actually

1. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
2. To Pimp a Butterfly
3. College Dropout
4. Late Registration
5. good kid, m.A.A.d city
6. Yeezus
7. Section.80
8. 808s
9. Graduation
10. The Life of Pablo

You forgot DAMN.

1. Yeezus
2. The College Dropout
3. MBDTF
4. GKMC
5. TPAB
6. 808s
7. Late Registration
8. Graduation
9. Section.80
10. TLOP
11. DAMN

1. Late Registration
2. College Dropout
3. GKMC
4. MBDTF
5. TPAB
6. Graduation
7. Yeezus
8. 808s
9. Section 80
10. The Life of Pablo
11. DAMN

>but Section80
Well nobody fucking talks about it for one

Kendrick is redpilled on white people whereas Kanye is just a coon trying to appease his masters.

MBDTF
College Dropout
GKMC
LR
DAMN
TLOP
Grad
TPAB
Yeezus
808s
S80

> while also being beautifully produced music

you cant really judge them on the same basis because one is a producer who raps and the other is a rapper who works with producers.

and lets be real if you wanna make anything resembeling art you gotta have that auteur. that one guy who has the vision and does his shit, maybe relegates some tasks to someone else but if so is very specific about what he wants and guides them through the collaboration process. also the less you care about how it will be recieved and how much money it will make the better. kanye has shown he is willing to do that with 808s. anyways, kendrick is a decent rapper, much better then kanye. still kendrick isnt making anything you can really call art in comparison to mbdtf and pablo.

Kanye is unironically the most influential artist of the century so far.

>THIS, DICK, AINT, FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Truly, a lyric for the ages.
>inb4 it's too deep you don't geddit

Nigga he only has like four real albums. Kanyes also been around for at least twice as long as Kendrick

808 was autotuned garbage, what are you even on

this but unironically

No one talks about it because shit like GCMC and TPAB blew it the fuck out. I'm sure people talk about 808 because theres nothing better to talk about with Kanye these days

>Kanye (who had already released 7 straight platinum albums) was cashing in on the "hype" of a group which didn't even crack the Billboard top 200 with their last album that came out before Yeezus

Black Skinhead > Kendrick's discography

Yes, I see the difference.

(you)

Autotuned garbage that was massively influential and ahead of its time. Kanye is a pioneer, Kendrick is a follower

They both great but Kanye better.

storytelling in music is shit

ahahah, can't make this shit up, educate yourself musically before you post shit like that, underage

this

>Also, Kanye is a textbook example of the phrase, "if you repeat a lie enough times it becomes a truth".

That's Jay-z mate.

>a Kanye album
>not personal or emotional

They're both good you stupid cunt.

underrage

90s kid detected

M E T A P H O R

Runaway is better than anything Kendrick will make.
Being ambitious and having Jazz influence doesn't make you atomically good.

>kendrick made

all of his songs are credited to so many people

okay fantano

>being this fucking old
>being this much of a honky

this. kendrick didnt make shit. she raps and writes lyrics and is decent at it but thats it.

>liking new kanye and calling someone else a honky

never change, Sup Forums

>>inb4 it's too deep you don't geddit
did you read my post

But you literally don't geddit. You can't excuse your retardation just because you inb4'd it. That interlude is clearly a metaphor: "Oh America you bad bitch I picked cotton and made you rich. Now my dick ain't free." You have to be pretty daft not to see this.

Kendrick is just a decent rapper who has good producers make jazz-hop for him. Hardly revolutionary.

Devil in a New Dress wasn't produced by Kanye and Gorgeous was ghostwritten. Those two songs are widely regarded as his best work but he didn't even make them. And of course many people are credited for songs, happens all the time. That doesn't mean Kendrick didn't make them.

Kanye is a shitty singer (he admits this himself) who makes up for it by sampling the work of better musicians (King Crimson, Daft Punk, Curtis Mayfield, so many more). Hardly revolutionary.

The final bars of Blacker the Berry would like to have a word with you.

Why the fuck do people take Yeezus seriously. I love Kanye but Yeezus is just a watered down version of Death Grips.

>muh bitch stay humble

reddit is that way

70 replies for this mom joke. are you guys even trying not to bite the hook

Yeezus>MBDTF>808's>LR>TLOP>TCD>DAMN.>GKMC>Graduation>TPAB
honestly it's not even close, and this is me underratimg graduation

You dumb nigger that's the point

>On Sight
Literally just an acid house beat.

I fucking love seeing whit teenagers argue about hip hop so much papa bless Sup Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=hzYMOTVlpbQ

kanye is retarded

God Kayne stans are so unabashedly dick riders

They're both decent rap for white boys

True
You can't water down something that doesn't exist. You could have said TPAB is a more refined MBDTF (though it would still be a shit opinion)

GKMC is better than College Dropout.

>Never has there been a less thoughtful comment on women or a relationship with a significant other
that's not what that's about.

>it's his verse on Monster actually
so underrated.

lol kendrick has 300x the emotional range of kanye "i am so famous and tortured" west

>T. Logic

Kendrick will never make something this good.

youtube.com/watch?v=yVRbBpvdRRg

the one on the left is an artist

the one one the right is a parody

>lyrics that arent thesaurus-fests with hidden meanings make songs bad!!!
Hip hop fans actually fucking suck

so fucking true

Perhaps, but it is THE autotune garbage rap album.

My nigga you get it.

>bohoo white teenagers
>papa bless :D
off yourself cunt

underrated

you people are all human trash

And for that paper, look how low we a'stoop
Even if you in a Benz, you still a nigga in a coop/coupe

Better than anything Kendrick ever wrote

You think kendrick's lyrics are a fucking thesaurus-fest? proof you haven't even listened to him

I fucked mommy to death and ate her corpse with butter!

this thread is so retarded, cant you fucking accept that both of them are very talented in their respective strengths?

HAHAHAHAHA

Kendrick is a good rapper. Way overhyped imo. He peaked with GKMC and after that it's gone to his head and people are sucking on his balls too hard