South Park jumped the shark. The kids use to actually act like kids, the humour was nuanced...

South Park jumped the shark. The kids use to actually act like kids, the humour was nuanced, it wasn't overtly political...

Saying this now because I just watched the old South Park movie and the new episodes just pale in comparison. I blame Bill Hader.

The south park movie was pretty much entirely overt political satire. What are you even talking about?

Hell nah. The plot came naturally together, unlike the newer episodes where they just shoehorn in politics becuase "relevancy."

Bill doesn't have that kind of power, you just have stinky britches

I think you might have been too young at the time, but south park hasn't changed in any significant way other than pacing

It's pro-Republican

They already stated that the next season is moving away from politics as the main plot points. They only did it because it was such a big deal last year.

No, I didnt even get into South Park until last year. During season 17 and onward I felt a strong drop in quality (same time Bill joined up). Season 19 was meh, and season 20 was an utter flop. This season so far isn't looking great either.

Idgaf which bias they have. Writing quality is just not nesrly as good.

Thats dope, but seasons 17-18 weren't as political and they still were unimpressive.

And the last episode literally began with Tweek mashing the piano talking about North Korea. I did like that part, but it doesn't seem like theyre steering away from politics.

>started watching less than 1 year ago
>"I know where the show went wrong!"

For one, you lack the context of the times to understand why they made some of the choices they did. And two, you haven't had enough time to digest it.
Are the newer seasons the best? Not really, but they aren't bad. I hated the season long plots at first, but now it makes sense. It is what people expect from TV shows now, and South Park is just doing what it needs to in order to keep ratings up. The humor is still there, even if it is different.

I suppose one flaw is that the plots are more centered around the adults now. But Matt and Trey said they've done that because they are older now and they relate more to Randy/Mr. Garrison than they do the boys, like when they were making the earlier seasons. So it all kind of makes sense in context.

Oh shit, I didn't realize it was back already! And this past year flew by...

Well, I did actually watch South Park occasionally back then and I appreciated the older episodes the same. It was only last year where I actually watched through the entire series.

I should say that I don't actually dislike the current SP, but they still jumped the shark.

I don't mind the adults being focused on more, but the kids now are garbage. They dont act like kids and the barely have any distinguished personality.

Two episodes in. Theyre on the official SP website for anyone who doesnt know.

It's balanced. Unlike your brain.

You should blame Canada instead.

Cool, I'm going to watch them now. I agree with you, but maybe they will learn how to fix things like making the kids more relatable and kid-like. They could even fix it this season if they become aware.

sounds like someone is trump-hurt. Though you're probably right about Hader, Chatman, too

Stealing this as a reaction image.

Bill Hader just sits there and laughs while they're writing he doesn't actually do shit.

I noticed the dip in writing quality BEFORE season 20 even came out.

And fuck Trump btw.

Let's hope. No offense to the guy but he should've stuck with SNL.

I'm watching the new episodes right now, I kinda see what you mean. I hope they get their shit together. Matt and Trey are usually more away of their audience than other creators.