Post your least favorite genre, other anons try to prove you wrong

post your least favorite genre, other anons try to prove you wrong

>indie folk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eGqBM_r932s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What have you got against Sufjan?

Grunge

I'm just really not a fan of ITAOTS or arcade fire. idk how indicative of the genre they are

noise/harsh noise
it just hurts my ears man, might as well put a mic in a washing machine and record it

unironically this
youtube.com/watch?v=eGqBM_r932s

Emo
That includes Sup Forums approved emo like American Football and Snowing.

It's become a cliché, but there are legitimately good artists (The Microphones, Iron and Wine, for example)
I wouldn't classify Arcade Fire as indie folk though. They're a more general indie rock band.

Slowcore

Revolutionary Pekinese Opera v.128 has some noise elements, and it might be a decent jumping off point

hip hop

Either Brostep or Lolicore

chiptune is fucking goofy

Divine Styler, J Dilla, tomppabeats
Everything by Anamanguchi and Disasterpeace (except for soundtracks)

Brutal Death Metal/Goregrind/Slam
It sounds like circus music with all the shitty chromatic parts and silly voices
Codeine? They're more like really slow noise rock than indie rock rhp type stuff.
The sonic soundtrack maybe?
>tomppabeats

>Anamanguchi and Disasterpeace (except for soundtracks)
Endless Fantasy and Rise of the Obsidian Interstellar, especially

what if this is actually OP's favorite genre, and he just wants a circle jerk for himself for his favorite genre

honestly everyone who actually fell for it is a fucking idiot

MY third eye is open

JAZZ

How the fuck would I prove you wrong for saying you don't like indie folk? Do I have to post something you like less?

just wanted to hear other people's favorites, I dislike that I have as limited a perspective on the genre as I do

I think 'my favorite things' by john coltrane is as good a place to start as any. maybe bill evans if you prefer 'chill' music and gato barbieri if you prefer upbeat stuff

For goregrind try early Carcass (Reek of Putrefaction, Necroticism - Descanting the Insalubrious)

And for BDM try Beyond Creation's only two albums. They are less cringy and more technical and melodic.

Black Metal

I love other types of metal but most BM just sounds like a childish temper tantrum to me, I feel like I'll never understand the appeal of blastbeats

I was in the same boat as you, but someone recommended Bathory's self-titled album. I think it's really good, and it got me interested enough to try and expand my mind on the genre.

Try Marduk's Plague Angel and Funeral Mist - Maranatha

Thrash metal more like trash metal lmao

Crunkcore

Probably Nu Metal

It really doesn't have any noise elements

Tim hecker - harmony in ultraviolet
It has some noise but a whole lot of top tier ambient that would get you into the right frame of mind for noise as it's about intent listening and enjoying the minute aspects of the music

Nu-Metal aged very poorly. But some stuff still holds up well in my opinion.

KoRn's debut/Self titled album is pretty solid. It was innovative, it had great drumming and bass work, and in my opinion, was downright an amazing album. Slipknot's debut/self titled goes in the same boat, in my opinion. The lyrics are pretty trashy and edgy at times, but their drummer was legitimately talented, and I'm not afraid to say that Corey Taylor is one of the best metal vocalists in the genre. Versatile, and had a really nice scream that was just harsh enough that he was still intelligible. Saliva was trash. Linkin Park had...good mixing, I guess? System of a Down isn't really Nu Metal, but they get roped in to that genre. They had a lot of cool foreign influences, but again, their debut/self titled is their best. Deftones' early work is amazing, and so is their later, shoegaze metal stuff. Their debut, Adrenaline is downright one of the best Nu-Metal albums out there. Seeded Crown's Please Remain Seeded and Reveille's Laced are both awesome, and worth checking out, since they're both pretty obscure. 5 finger death punch is aids.