How accurate is this Sup Forums

How accurate is this Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrarian
metacritic.com/music/art-angels/grimes
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You forgot to put alcohol in there

Currently happening with GY!BE

Literally what happened with Despacito unironically.

somewhat true but there's blatantly shit artists on here that everyone seems to like despite their massive popularity; weezer, green day, kendrick lamar, etc

Pinkerton and Blue Album are legitimately good though. It's only afterwards that Weezer became shit

True. Happened to Grimes. /mu hates her because she released her poppiest album (Art Angels).

True. Happened to Grimes. /mu hates her because she released her poppiest album (Art Angels).

blue and pinkerton is radio friendly grunge pop. they're the painfully mediocre inferior offspring of punk bands and alt rock bands from the mid 70s to late early 90s

>Sup Forums hipster tendencies
>Sup Forums mostly talks about generic top 40 and entry-level popular Sup Forumscore

this

Using Sup Forums to find music is pretty awful. Sup Forums is nice for shitposting about music

Sup Forums pretty much lost all of its "hipster tendencies" when the election happened and all the normies flooded Sup Forums. You may have found it annoying but elitist Sup Forums was better than this cancer.

Sup Forums hates her because of its autistic fanbase, the absolutely dreadful waifufag generals and her pretentious commentary, not because of art angels (though it IS her weakest album)

>Sup Forums
>hipster
Ask any simpleton on Sup Forums to name 5 bands that have less than 500 listeners on last.fm and there's a 95% chance they can't do it.

Not very. Unfortunately, Sup Forums never moved on from Death Grips.

>elitist Sup Forums was better

elitist Sup Forums doesn't like anything though. I dare you to name one album that could feasibly escape the false criticisms of elitist Sup Forums

Sup Forums has not gone Gaga over an album in this way since TPAB IMO

>elitist Sup Forums doesn't like anything though
what the fuck does this mean

That's stupid if true. Basically anything but her music.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrarian

Yes, elitist Sup Forums was contrarian because they weren't poptimists. Are you one of those retards that thinks that the term "contrarian" means someone who doesn't like a popular band BECAUSE they're popular?

>the term "contrarian" means someone who doesn't like a popular band BECAUSE they're popular?

That's how the word is most frequently used within our current society, yes

You legitimately linked to a website that doesn't use that definition, why even use a website if you're going to link to one with the correct definition.

I didn't expect you to actually go to wikipedia to look up the definition of a word just to point out that I'm not using the original english standard definition of said word rather than general current excepted meaning. I suppose youre going to point out that my posts aren't reaching proper MLA formatting as well

>I didn't expect for you to click on a link that I gave you
>using the wrong definition of a word is equivalent to using improper formatting
Did you give me a link without looking at it? That takes an amazing level of autism.

I knew what the actual definition was. I wasn't expecting you to flip your shit on what meaning of words are when you clearly knew what I was talking about, which you still haven't put much effort into explaining why it isn't the case

>mfw Sup Forums and Sup Forums are the same board

Show me some proof that elitist Sup Forums was your definition of contrarian first if you think they were. Sure, they had an air of pretentiousness but I'd prefer that to a board with Grimes and Lil Peep threads. And no, I didn't clearly know what you're talking about due to the prevalence of the misusing of that word, the second fucking item when you look up "contrarian definition" is what you were looking for. I think you're just lazy.

I think it's Sup Forums in general, I feel like there is a lot of contrarians here, or just people with different opinions not necessarily contrarians

>I'd prefer that to a board with Grimes and Lil Peep threads.
>putting the magnificent Grimes in the same category with Lil Peep
Are you stupid? Also you can filter or hide these threads, noob.

I'm out of the loop since when did this get popular and why?

Once the hype dies down the people who didn't like it in the first place stick out more

I can hide or filter them, but that doesn't raise the quality of the board. They still knock a thread off of the catalog. And yeah, Art Angels is probably as good as Hellboy in all honesty.

Just take a look at anything that could be considered Sup Forumscore. It's literally just shit most of the board unanimously agreed upon being good at one point but you can't even mention anything from it these days because ironically Sup Forums fucking hates Sup Forumscore because Sup Forums likes it and Sup Forums can't like anything that can be misinterpreted as popular or overrated because then they can't feel special about their totally unique taste. It's contrarian bullshit at its finest

It is very inaccurate. Most people on here listen to radio-tier stuff nowadays.

Sup Forums is just a bunch of seasional hype hipsters

>album x releases/leaks

Sup Forums: wow AOTY! Masterpiece, "Sup Forumscore", genius

>Fantanos review of album x is out, he gives a low score

Sup Forums: lol its trash, *rates it 2.0 on RYM*, passable!

>Pitchfork rates he album x a 9.4/10 best new music

Sup Forums: its Sup Forumscore!, omg AOTY!, JESUS album of the decade, classic!

>Sup Forums fucking hates Sup Forumscore
Yes, and that's why 95% of album discussion on here is about Sup Forumscore. I love most of the albums on there that I've listened to, but I hate the list as a group of albums for people to constantly spam. No, Sup Forums does not hate Sup Forumscore, and no album here was ever unanimously agreed upon as good.

I have been visiting this board for a few years and I've always seen the same meme threads about Radiohead and Beatles.
It was the time when Battles release their second album. The board was a lot better that time, people used to share a lot more obscure bands but, of course, as I've said, there were those meme threads. In that time it was the discussion about if the cover of ITOTS was a potato or a tambourine.
Now, only the Radiohead and Beatles threads survived, so I don't see the point in your pic related.
Sharethreads, classical and jazz threads are usually fun, the only people that truly search for music go there, anything else is shitposting or threads created by people that think that this is the forum of their fauvorite band.

>They still knock a thread off of the catalog.
Wot?! That's the most ridiculous explanation I've read. There's place for tons of threads, buddy. One less meme thread is no big deal.
>And yeah, Art Angels is probably as good as Hellboy in all honesty.
Shit taste. You're contrarian: metacritic.com/music/art-angels/grimes

>That's the most ridiculous explanation I've read
I've seen threads about bands that Sup Forums never talks about (Minutemen, Sleep, and those are just the Sup Forumscore bands) or even sharethreads, jazz generals, and genre discussion threads that got knocked off the catalog by another meme thread (i.e. a Grimes thread)
>Shit taste
At least I don't like Grimes
>You're contrarian
And as I explained in this thread before, there's nothing wrong with that.

>Sup Forums never talks about (Minutemen, Sleep, and those are just the Sup Forumscore bands) or even sharethreads, jazz generals, and genre discussion threads
Because that's boring music for boring people like you. Why Sup Forums should talk about boring music instead of exciting music (Grimes)?
>that got knocked off the catalog by another meme thread (i.e. a Grimes thread)
That's silly. Apparently you're blind if you can see countless of meme threads. But you only have a problem with a couple of Grimes threads. Pathetic.

Bottom left never happens.

We only listen to sounds not music

>I don't like the music so we should repeatedly discuss the same aspects of the same artist that we've already discussed to death
>Apparently you're blind if you can see countless of meme threads
What the fuck are you talking about, I don't like meme threads any more than you do. They're still more conducive to legitimate discussion than any grimes thread is
>But you only have a problem with a couple of Grimes threads
>a couple
There are way too many, way too often, and the mods never delete them. I've also stated that I have problems with more threads than just Grimes. Can you not read or are you just disabled in some way?

OP point proven

Sup Forums is doing this to MBDTF 7 years late

>What the fuck are you talking about, I don't like meme threads any more than you do.
I talked about the fact you claim that a couple of Grimes threads affect the quality of this board while you ignore the shitload of meme threads. You're just a silly biased troll.
>There are way too many, way too often, and the mods never delete them.
You're completely stupid. There weren't just legit Grimes threads, but shitposting/trolling threads too, made by nasty people. Mods deleted many of those threads.

>A couple
The other user is right, those threads are not just "a couple" he refers to all those kind of threads that people starts thinking that this is a forum of their favorite band.