this place sucks on a new level

I was really happy at one time

how new are you? it's called summerfags

several years deep, never has it been like this. it's a new low

Grimes ruined everything for me

that's just not true

aw yes it is

there are some good threads, just ignore the others

oh no it is not. I've been here since '08.

a "good thread" these days is still wank shit already been done to death bye

ok stay here some more then, i gotta go

What happened then that is as bad a fucking grimes and actual lil peep discussions?

death grips thread for the 1000000th time
dude spongebob album covers
dude grimes chvrches lol
dude listen to my vaporwave lofi beat on soundcloud bro
mac demarco pitchfork indie hahahahahha

Both Sup Forums and /x/ have gone to absolute shit from what they used to be. Things actually used to be fun. We had good discussion threads, OC, interesting topics, and less completely cancerous summer normalfags.

if you hear it you lose
mosaic/last.fm threads with no discussion just people pasting their taste and leaving
"let's remake the Sup Forumscore chart guiz!!!"

Completely agree. Considering leaving again for good

political deb8 thread
hey guys anthony fantano here

You will come back, we all do. You all love this board and you know it.

What do you guys think needs to happen to make this board good again? What improvements would you like to see? What in your eyes are the good types of threads?

i am leaving for good

you shut yo mouth, pal. i hate this place

Stop letting music threads die after 5 replies while Sup Forums bait, Montie tripfag circlejerks, and waifu shit gets 300+
Stop talking about the same 10 bands every day

You'd think, but it's truly become boring. I'll admit there's still a *little* bit of a habit, but I'm pretty damn bored of Sup Forums now and nothing can fix it. There's genuinely nothing it can teach me at this point, I'm all educated out at this point. And it certainly doesn't offer anything else fullfilling that you need from life. The only thing I get from it is a wry chuckle at the memes and banter. But the boards I have gone to other pretty much unbearable now. Which is good, I'm glad. Fuck Sup Forums.

you can't save this place. let it go

the main reason I still come here is to talk about music I can't talk about anywhere else and get new recs and you guys are getting shitter in that regard. if i want to read 15 year olds masturbating to grimes and debating communism i'd go to Sup Forums or Sup Forums

It got me into a heap of music and helped me branch out my taste a lot, especially in the sharethreads from ~2011.

I really don't know. There seems to be a lot less effort all round in terms of post quality and shit posting of artists, too much waifuism (grimes threads regularly hitting post cap), too much "post an album that is X" where people post the same covers over and over and there is no discussion. Anyone who genuinely wants to discuss a genre or band or is looking for reccs gets 10 replies max and the music equivalent of e-celebs get hundreds.

Build a wall to keep reddit, facebook, Sup Forums, and Sup Forums out.

i would leave but i don't know where to go

>What improvements would you like to see? What in your eyes are the good types of threads?

Nothing can be done. I see little attempts to prompt 'interesting' discussions between other types of distraction / attention-getting attempts. It's just not worth it, it's all facile and pointless by now.

I frankly have more to *give* than I have more to take/ learn at this point, and I sure as fuck aren't going to waste what I have to give in this pisshole. I have decidedly made sure not to offer anything substantial or good here for years now. It's just been counterdiversionary post-irony and fanning the flames of idiots' misplaced presumptions to balloon them into grotesque parodies of their hypocrisy. The results are the utter ugly shittingess you see all over these God-forsaken boards. Fuck it.

Sup Forums will never pay for that wall

*shittiness

the real world: a library, a store, a walk in the woods. i had so much of it lately i forgot to check here. come back and it's the same shit. bye bye

nicely written. good to see honesty. still leaving. hope you do too.