Hold on a minute.... AOTY?

Wow

This is great, way better than anything else put
out by Brand New, I am really surprised

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IeukDYKAjYE&t=1s&index=85&list=WL
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also I have to say this is a lot less edgy than their previous releases, which I reckon makes it so much more listenable and enjoyable.

I was afraid the album would be poppy like meme and i am a nightmare. it had a lot of the same weight as DAG did emotionally i think

Really because it's only the 100th thread about it. Don't you have someone who cares about you in your life? Someone to talk to who you can look at and say real words and not this. You're smarter than this.

if I did do we think we'd be on Sup Forums?

You like mommy's creamy poopy and licking it much

this is my first album from them, at first track right now, good impression so far.

Feeling like shit and i want to kill myself, this is nicely timed.

Oh mommy loves her shit on toast and feed it to the doggy

Any good quality download?

Mene is one of Brand New's best songs.

Who loves this? Who are you? What are your other favourite bands, albums, films? I just don't get it. How can a band this alright, this okay, this tame, cause so much emotion, so much hype, so much attention. Have you not been listening to music for long? Are you still a teen? Is it purely nostalgia? This is not ambitious, nor it is any more heartfelt than their previous albums. It's okay, it's just SO okay.

Look, I really liked Deja Entendu as a teen for its undeniable mid 2000s emo aesthetic + catchy hooks (none of which are to be found here, by the way - which could be okay, but leaves the band with nothing interesting to work with), but getting so wet, so fucking wet, over something that is in no universe better than "good", is pure insanity. The slave-like adoration fans have for this band puzzles me to no end. I mean, listen to "451" at the annoying 01:00 mark - "woooow FUCK yeah, TIME TO ROCK!!!!!!", like derivative "bombastic epic indie music" from some brand advertisement on TV. Or listen to the song with the part that goes something like "YOU'RE SO PRETTY BUT GADAMN YOURE SO UGLY", with that obnoxious, autistic Isaac Brock-like scream, reciting those dumb fucking lyrics, which fans eat it up because "rawwww he's screaming ;;;;;;; SO relatable!!!"...

If you love this, fuck you. You are nothing. You are shit. This is crying over a new Foster the People, a new Two Door Cinema Club album.

YOU'RE JUST AN ACTOOOR

kimgdomleaks.com

>All that autistic rage of paragraphs

>people can only like what i like without exception
you're embarrassing

Obviously a musician who wishes he made shitty shit music that people loved.

Take er easy, bud. It's only music.

The important thing here is MOMMY who loves my poopy penis on the kitchen table and we spit grapes at the dog

Cum on my dog, all of you
Do it now

pasta faggots

It's crap. It's so dry and bland, I feel kind of pissed off now because the tracks they were releasing before were alright.

Fuck off with this 'edgy' shit. Everything is edgy these days, anything with an ounce of emotion is considered 'edgy'.

Mene and I am a Nightmare had direction and were actually catchy and well written.

Why don't you check the sharethread, newfag?

Mene had a good sound and was really fun, I Am a Nightmare is just a lesser version of the same thing. This album is quite well written even if Jesse often wears his influences on his sleeve with his delivery

After I rub my balls in poopy diapers, mom will ride my poopy prick and shit on me

Posting in this thread, it's clear you like this. You want it. You like the poopy. You store it in your freezer.

Put that poopy in the freezer, honey

TDAG > SF > DEJA > Daisy > YFW

Poopy < poop > mommy > poop mom

>I feel kind of pissed off now because the tracks they were releasing before were alright.
Yeah, I feel this exact way. Stuff like Sealed to Me and Out of Range were spectacular and really had that same ethereal, depressing feel that Devil and God did. I Am A Nightmare was just as catchy as most tracks on Deja but felt like a progression of it. And even the re-recordings of the demos, like Brother's Song really improved the tracks and showed they could still capture that old remarkable sound.

But fuck, what they released feels so unremarkable as the final note in a band that made such great albums. Especially Batter Up. While it's not a bad song, it doesn't have the feeling of "oh fuck, this will be the last new Brand New song I'll ever hear". It doesn't feel like a coda. Dillinger's Dissociation felt like one and it felt like the culmination of all they had done. It packed that chilling feel that I was listening to a band graciously bow out.

While there are some tracks like Can't Get It Out and Could Never Be Heaven that are pretty fucking good, the very bland and unremarkable stuff like In the Water and 451 really, really ruins it. Add to that the fact the demos and singles that came out after Daisy showed so much immense promise.

It really is incredibly disappointing.

its 9 bucks dawg just buy it

First album release where I'm not substantially disappointed.

Bring that poop back
On this cock
Oh mommy
You love my poop dick
Oh mommy
Spray blood on my balls
Shit in my mouth
Oh mommy

Yes

Do it babe

Shit on my ass
Let's go poop

Out Of Range was from a few years ago so I never expected the album to sound like that but listening to everything they've done post-Daisy + this makes it really obvious that they've been trying out a bunch of different directions to see what would stick

Can't Get It Out and Could Never Be Heaven are also two of my favorites on the album because they combine some of the more interesting production and atmospheric stuff with actually well-written songs (The former almost sounds like a Deja Entendu song honestly). And In The Water is my least favorite because it fucking does nothing for 7 minutes. That one and so many of the others feel like they take a bunch of cool ideas and then just do nothing with them.

I wish this wasn't their last album, it still feels kind of unsteady sometimes and if they weren't done I feel like their next one could be a lot more developed. But this is what we have I guess.

Thanks god i am a nightmare wasn't included on the album it was actual trash.

same logic great track

It was fun as a catchy tune to hear live but that was it. I dunno why everyone jerked off over it, even Pitchfork gave it fucking BNT. Mene and Out of Range were both infinitely more interesting.

Yeah Batter Up is like the best example of everything I don't like about the album. Start with an interesting/melancholy riff or idea and then instead of developing it or progressing just repeat it for way too long while stacking on atmospherics in the background and then eventually just collapse into weird noise/radio samples/feedback. In The Water pulls this shit too. I don't get it, some of these songs explore a lot of interesting ideas and I'll probably like them a lot more the more I listen but some of them are just... really amateur hour shit.

I get wanting to sound mature and wanting to make something interesting and different but for the life of me I don't understand why Brand New always wants to sound like everything except Brand New

>but for the life of me I don't understand why Brand New always wants to sound like everything except Brand New
Honestly what made Devil and God so good was its departure from Deja and YFW and the whole pop-punk sound in general. They just really implemented it in an uninspired way this time, feeling that atmosphere and slow tempos equated to progression and maturity.

It's super depressing that a lot of this album is so unmemorable because of it. This should have been their Abbey Road, not their Let It Be.

Holy shit,

>Batter Up
>137
>Out Of Mana
>No Control

These tracks make the album.

Out of Mana is great
No Control is the worst
137 and Batter Up start off really cool then just repeat themselves for a while and then just sorta end

I like some songs, others are a bit meh.

Hate to say it because i love Brand New but i'm a bit disappointed in the album and got bored halfway through.

Not my final impression and im gonna give it another few listens before making my mind up.

where the link at

>
Have people forgotten how to torrent in 2017?

Mr. Sixx I see you

People forgot how to rip an album
It took like 6 hours after the CDs were received to put one up

The albums even on youtube.
youtube.com/watch?v=IeukDYKAjYE&t=1s&index=85&list=WL

Listen to The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me next, and also don't kill yourself

Just finished my first listen, and i revisited both of their last 2 albums beforehand.

The only 3 tracks that didn't really do anything for me on the first listen were Waste, Could Never Be Heaven and No Control. This was a REALLY good album. Loved the little electronic flourishes here and there and the amount of variety in general. Lit Me Up and Desert are going to be on repeat.

Have to be honest though, after revisiting Daisy, i was a little disappointed over the lack of noisier moments. I'm convinced that Daisy is their best album, but i'd put this on par with TDAGARIM which is still pretty high praise.

Out of Mana is truly kino

I really hated this thing is there something i'm missing? sounds like you got your alt rock in my bland emo

are you complaining that OP wants to have a discussion about a popular new album on a music discussion website instead of finding someone else to discuss it with?