/christianpol/

Since I began lurking Sup Forums, I noticed a lot of you are Christian.

Why do you choose to be Christian? Why choose to worship a book that claims it is a sin to wear wool and linen together? Also, can somebody explain to me what is morally wrong about homosexuality?

>inb4 fedora

Strawpoll below to find out what religion makes up the majority of Sup Forums:

strawpoll.me/10268026

Also I see a lot of you claiming that athiesm is the downfall of society. Why is that?

hump

Because atheism has led to the soul of western society to be destroyed and replaced with consumerism and a seeking for individualism for the only sake of being accepted

Since I have a write up in another thread I will post here about Jesus and Capitalism:

*sigh* Its like you people don't even read your own Bible.

Matthew 19:24

Then Jesus said to His disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is difficult for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” 25When the disciples heard this they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”…

The New Testament contains references to usury, notably in the Parable of the talents:

"Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.."
—Matthew 25:27

"…Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow. Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?"
—Luke 19:22-23

The following scriptures teach about lending:

"Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you."
—Matthew 5:42

"And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked."
—Luke 6:34-35

"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

So yeah... The Orthodox still adhear to Jesus's teachings about wealth. Usury is a big nono and its a the cornerstone of capitalism.

Choosing to believe that there's an omnibenevolent God out there who loves you is a great way to love yourself and it convinces you to change your life for the better.

There you go. Mystery solved. I'm a fedora and I can still figure this out.

You don't need religion to love yourself and change your life for the better.

Source: myself

Religion's main purpose is social control. When a civilization becomes less religious shit starts to happen (leftism). I guess that's why people stick to Christianity even thought deep down it doesn't make sense at all.

see:

Yes you do. In a few years when your desperately trying to distract yourself with vices and none of them seem to keep you happy for long you will realize this.

Everyone here is an atheist, anyone who says otherwise is just memeing tbqh

>Source: myself
wow how convincing

>old testament
nice meme

Nothing you said here is against capitalism. Try again. Although it is against banks and kikes.

I was raised in the church and after a pretty awful first 20 years, I wandered away. I'm in my 30's now. Like most kids I enjoyed the team sport aspect and the certainty that God and God Jr. liked me more than the next guy who didn't turn in a collection envelope and didn't sing the hymns with gusto. There's a moment for everyone who's smug about their faith when the glass edifice just shatters, and you either leave forever or come back deeply chastened with certain existential doubts that always lurk in the back of your mind.

I chose to come back because I loved the church's premise: take a completely unreasonable but wonderful proposition, and from that point on, live a life of relentless logical progression where the truth of that claim is accepted and where your every decision ideally is made based upon the consequences of that truth. It creates a situation where even if ultimate truths are different from what's promised in our limited capacities, the good done in the world and inside yourself will be so great that arguments for disbelief just don't hold water.

>tattoos
>acceptable
Stopped reading there. Kill yourself.

>Jesus wanted the government to force people at gunpoint to distribute their wealth
*sigh* it's like you're fucking retarded.

I ONLY PRAISE THE ONE TRUE GOD KEK

not an argument

Read the rest of the Bible, not just the parts you cherrypicked.

Read the Gospel of John, chapter 10. You will either understand it or you won't.

So you're argument is literally that people are stupid children and act like fools unless we tell them that a magical sky daddy will punish them in the afterlife?

Praise be. may your memes be steadfast and true.

yes

>magical sky daddy
I have fedorians to thank for pushing me to touch the settings button for the first time after browsing this site for several years

Atheism wouldn't be so bad if it was just honest doubt based on personal experience and an individual's valuation of what's important. Dostoevsky wrote "If God is dead, everything is permitted." I saw somewhere else years ago the opposite: if God is dead, nothing is permitted. Atheism allows both those outcomes to exist simultaneously. You don't want to deny anyone anything because this brief span of time is all they have; why shouldn't they be happy, even if happy just means bouncing from one sensation to the next. At the same time you can't allow anyone to endanger anyone else. Imagine, being here one second and then just erased like a chalk mark the next by some act of recklessness. Intolerable! And so you have England, where you have an omnipresent, all-watching police state keeping loose rein over an increasingly chaotic society that is currently trying to support any number of violently contradictory social movements among the lower tiers. Anyone with brains and/or money is preoccupied with masturbation and life extension. The masses carry on as if they're already in the 5th circle of hell, and the media keeps them appraised of what their rivals are doing to perpetuate the illusion that what they're doing is in any way important. Atheism is a tool to divide and compartmentalize the masses, draining their creative energies and ensuring those currently at the top of the pecking order stay that way.

Incidentally pretty much everyone at the top is a believer. Maybe atheism's not all bad since it usually appeals most to the lumpenproletariat, who've always had the capacity for obscene violence.

i choose christianity since beady brits hate christ more then jews and arabs do combined .

therefore it must beg good

Faggots suck cock. 'Nuff said.

this tbqh. Every time an atheist opens his mouth it makes me want to go protestant or better yet eastern orthodox.