What does Sup Forums think of Hip-Hop/Rap music?

What does Sup Forums think of Hip-Hop/Rap music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A8g07ggd83I
youtube.com/watch?v=ooOL4T-BAg0
youtu.be/lHAD3wJGMHc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like some. Mostly a lot of underground artists though. A lot of mainstream hip hop and rap is really stale and dry. I'm not even talking lyrics, I don't give a fuck about what they're saying, just the beats and their flows are so generic and overused. I listen to music for the music, not the message. But I like it for the most part.

I enjoy it, but i cant find any popular artist that i like.

Who do you usually listen to?

Complete opposite hear, MF DOOM from the 90's and 2000's beats were jumbled messes but his flow and lyricism was mesmerizing. When it comes to modern rap, Kendrick, Cole, Logic, even some soundcloud rappers like XXXTentacion have some pretty good lyricism.

Popular artists are pretty bad, most likely because writers write their songs so the personal element is gone. I enjoy E-dubble, RA The Rugged Man and Shahmen.

It's great party music but beyond that I never listen to it.

Anything from old school basically:
N.W.A, Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Eminem
And the modern underground artists are also kinda good, but I like some pop type guys like Kanye

E-dubble I love his music

Kanye is an All-Time Great definitely one of my favorite rappers of all time, same with NWA and Eminem.

>supreme
>skate brand
wtf supreme logo is doing here and why are you associating supreme with nigger music op

good music but supreme is the gayest 12 yr old brand i see people wearing and i fucking hate it

Niggers like nigger music. Niggers like nigger clothing. What's the problem here?

it's not really music

I am sad supreme is becoming a hip hop nigger brand due to niggers wearing it

it was a good skate brand back in the days

Mf doom, nick cash and i recently found some remixes of a guy named hit-boy but he himself isnt very good in my opinion.

fr theres a hypebeast at my college with a supreme bag he keeps his schoolwork in, it's cancer

bag are actually not the worst recent items as niggers don't like them too much, but god damn rapper photo tees are cringy

White wanna be nigger at my school has joggers with supreme all over them

Checked out MF Doom, and yeah, he's decent. Just not really my thing. But if you like him, I'd reccomend Immortal Technique. He's got similar style and flow, and his lyrics are really good.

>kanye
>all time great

Found the pleb.

>What does Sup Forums think of Hip-Hop/Rap music?

I don't like nigger music.

Thanks

I listen mostly to rap, I really like Diabolic. Yall should check out his song I Don't Wanna Rhyme
youtube.com/watch?v=A8g07ggd83I

oh fuck off you dumb faggot

Bad rhymes (usually made by butchering the pronunciation of words) over stolen or unoriginal beats. It's all shit.

I've been listening to Joji a lot lately, he considered hiphop?

Different user here, I like Immortal Technique's message and what he raps about, actual meaningful shit other than just "GANG GANG GET THE MONEY," but jesus christ are his rhymes boring.

That's why I don't listen to him much. I only like a few of his songs. MF Doom just reminded me of him

>Bad rhymes

*inhales* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HOLY FUCK
Bro have you ever listened to rap? Tell me this isn't complex youtube.com/watch?v=ooOL4T-BAg0

>implying I would listen to that shit

And yes, the rhymes are bad. Even worse, when they're live you can't even hear what they're saying.

I think he's more R&B if you ask me, I'm not really sure though. I've only listened to a few of his songs

>Can't hear what they're saying

*inhales yet again* HAHA HOLY FUCK
Bro if you're brain really travels at 2 mph and you can't understand fucking Eminem then no wonder you're retarded

>you're brain

Yet another genius rap music fan.

You're out of your element Staniel. I could recommend Aesop Rock, Immortal Technique, MF Doom, Ab-Soul, Earl Sweatshirt, and a host of other artists, but you've probably got a vinyl of John Petrucci playing the same note in 45 different polyrhythms to attend to since you only listen to "real music"

I bet you think jay z is dope.

Chicago drill is the best music. But sadly most of the good rappers became trash like Chief Keef or got locked up

Never heard of any of the people you mentioned.

Damn the John Petrucci line sailed over too? The fuck do you listen to, bro? Tibetan throat chanting?

Kanye is probably the best hip-hop producer of all time, the production on most of his records is genuinely genius a lot of the time.

youtu.be/lHAD3wJGMHc

>why is eminem the God of Rap

Young Thug, Lil Uzi Vert and The Weeknd
Hate them all you want but all they do is heat

music for degenerates and faggots with poor life choices.

>bro
Mostly rock, some pop. And you really sound like a child with the "bro" shit. Rap is for children and niggers. I've heard enough of it blaring out of the cars of morons to know that 90% is the same bass beat with "nigga" repeated every 5th word.

>but all they do is heat
Must you people continue to butcher the English language this way? It's like you're all that girl from Mean Girls trying to make "fetch" happen.

for niggers

"She got a big booty so I call her big booty"

Pure poetry.

>I've heard enough of it
Clearly not if that's your summary of it. But either way you kinda blew your cover with the "rock and pop" shit. Made the bait too obvious. You were doing pretty well up to that point though. I actually thought you were a complete moron, but now I can see you're just pretending to be one. That's reassuring.

>uses typos as a gauge of intelligence
>supplements it with a literal 2008 meme

Jesus Christ, I think I figured it out. You're underage, slightly smarter than your class, and have an ego problem as a result. Wait ten years and you'll be more mature kid, trust me. Have a good school year!

I mean there is no apparent obligation for me to speak english formally in an internet site thats like the epitome of non formal

tupac was definitely red pilled

It's great. I also enjoy getting my asshole blacked.

>using words colorfully with the connotations of the word as adjectives for other things
>"""bad"""

Bruh colorful language is way more interesting than formal scientific speak. It's much more interesting to say that an artist is "heat" than "good"

>J. Cole
>good lyricism
get out

Don't be that guy. I know it's trendy and comfortable to be on the Cole hate wagon but lyricism is more than multi-syllabic rhymes and complex literary devices. It's painting a picture with your words, using your flow and emotion to create soundscapes that draw you into the story of the song.

If you can't give Cole props for having done this numerous times, you either haven't listened to enough of his catalog or you're flat out trolling for approval.

Its just music
My favorite rap artists are mc cum blood, mc bushpig and toecutta

Rap ? I think they forgot to put the " C " in front of it.

Rapc?

People just like to hate on Cole for whatever reason and don't acknowledge that he's one of the best and most influential rappers of this generation.

cRap