What is he talking about, Sup Forums?

What is he talking about, Sup Forums?

It is just bizarre. I mean really really bizarre.

youtube.com/watch?v=gUt-W95E9Zg

skip to 34:42

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=Little green men
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He talks about how these ROTC graduates are going to have to deal with terrorists, hybrid armies and "little green men", tribes, national and local leaders.

It is a perfectly sane graduation speech and then out of the blue Mark Alexander Milley (a four-star general, and the the 39th Chief of Staff of the Army) starts talking about hybrid armies and "little green men" and continues to speak as if he said nothing unusual.

Bump

ayyy lmao

Isn't it strange though?

How do you say something that unusual as if you are just talking about normal military threats that ROTC graduates are going to face?

What does it mean?
Why did he say it?
It makes no fucking sense in or out of context.

Bump again.

maybe it's just a figure of speech, who knows.

i don't think if he knew anything sensitive he would just spill the beans.

It was not delivered in a humorous way. If it was intended as comic relief, it certainly did not come off that way. It was dry and humorless, like he was reading a grocery list and no one in the audience laughed. Did you watch the segment?

Yeah, I don't know what to think.

I am trying to think of every possible reason why this would be included in the speech.

I don't know, maybe "Hybrid Armies" and "little green men" are fictitious enemies that they use in training, like the Department of Homeland Security used the "Zombie Apocalypse" in their training.

I feel like I am working way to hard to rationalize what he said.

nutter thinks space alines will invade earth

Yeah, except this nutter is four-star general, and the the 39th Chief of Staff of the Army.

>"Hybrid Armies" and "little green men" are fictitious enemies that they use in training

Hybrid Warfare and its millions of derivatives is in regards to basically conventional armies fighting alongside insurgents.

Little green men, is just a figure of speech, heard multiple uses for it. like the little green plastic targets we used at the range.

ok

For my sanity, I will choose to believe that you are correct.

Thanks

/thread

Fucking you're all autistic. He's saying you'll have to deal with heaps of shit you won't be taught about or know a lot about. Fucking hell civilians are so dumb

m8 u know it ain't true.
Gee.. i wonder who's behind this post.

Little green men. Nickname for most SF...In this speech Russian SF. Fuck y'all are dumb as someone with no access to google...

Little green men is a term used for Russians. Google magic dipshit.

that is bad news then. space aliens.
space aliens dude

>Called reds for decades
>now suddenly green
huh?

im sorry that i find space aliens improbable foes.

or maybe he is speaking about irish?

I mean still fucking scary as tits, he's straight up telling them we will be having war with Russia soon.

hybrid armies are non-state armies
little green men is a reference to russian forces in crimea, thus direct state funded insurgents

You're welcome.
lmgtfy.com/?q=Little green men

it's a reference to the insignia-less soldiers who took control of crimea. everyone in this thread needs to read something other than Sup Forums every once and a while

^^This was meant for you

They are called green because of the color of the target

It's a generic reference, meaning anyone from space aliens to the little plastic range targets.

When Miley was a lieutenant, everyone KNEW the next war was going to be Russia. Instead in the last forty years we have had on the books and off the books scraps with damn near everyone BUT Russia.

Moral of the story for junior officers is that life is weird, be prepared for anything.

Source- retired infantry NCO and I used to work for the guy.

I think it is an allusion to having to deal with your own fear in your mind, paranoia

Kind of thought it was obvious desu senpai

O shit waddup

Isis = example of hybrid army

Little green men = refers to masked soldiers in unmarked green army uniforms and carrying modern military weapons and equipment

"Hybrid Army" or "Hybrid Threat" is a term for armed organizations that have the resources and characteristics of both classical states and non-state actors. The go-to example is Hezbollah.

"Little Green Men" are the soldiers wearing Russian uniforms and using Russian equipment but not wearing Russian insignia and formally unaffiliated with the Russian government fighting in Ukraine. This is another example of "hybrid warfare" because the [resence of "little green men" allowed the pro-Russian rebels to use the resources of a recognized state (industrial weapons manufacture, mechanized warfare, air defenses, safe passage agreements, etc) while claiming/appearing to be disorganized partisans (and therefore being able to ignore international law, e.g.).

War will have no face, uniform, conventional tactic, media, mass propoganda, subversion, psyops, etc....

Invasion and occupation are now rendered useless because of media, MAD, and 1st world citizens so averse to death.

It's the next evolution of war. The ability to destroy countries from within by making patriotism a bad thing, subtle indoctrination, and replacement of the moral standards that birthed the great countries.

Little green men are as what everyone else has said...paramilitary, PMC, militia, groups who feel threatened, or anyone that has a problem. How do you fight a war on your own soil without having a face to paint on the poster? We can't just go around rounding people up on suspicion...though we already do. Borders so weak that it's turned into a business to enter countries illegally. Who knows how to fight that war? How do you stop countries from giving X weapon, technology, and funding while you can't 100% prove it?

He doesn't. None of his colleagues do.

Tl;dr->yer fucked. Good luck. Shits not going to be cash.

I take it you guys haven't seen the newest recruiting ad.

Dr Scheuer talks about how today's Us Generals are "covered with ribbons and medals and in the North Korea comic opera style.." and he's completely right.

I hope Trump purges the generals.

>little green men is a reference to russian forces in crimea
He is talking about aliens you dipshit

>inb4 hurr aliens aren't real
Fuck of you ignorant fucking retard, they have been here for a long time and they are still here.

Gas the ayy lmaos.
Space War Now!