Is there a single objective metric by which jazz is superior to classical...

Is there a single objective metric by which jazz is superior to classical? Just by longevity of public and cultured interest alone, classical wins by orders of magnitude

Ethnic diversity

Can you hear ethnic diversity?

I think African rhythms were far more complicated than European ones. Jazz incorporated that. I'm not an expert so read A GENERATIVE THEORY OF TONAL MUSIC or something

Linguistic variance in vocals such as pronunciation and vocabulary choice/usage.

We all know less enjoyable something is by plebs, the better it is. Jazz wins.

Syncopation
Collaborative improvisation

Comparing jazz and classical using terms like "objectively superior" is ultimately asinine as both are important art forms that tend to value quite different aesthetics.

why so much jazz related b8 recently?

Composition complexity I suppose, you know, the key changes, the odd metrics, stuff like that

Don't ask questions to which you know the answer.

Does classical music not do this? Because it does.

I'm not the guy who posted "ethnic diversity". I was providing an instance of audible ethnic diversity. That said, AAE isn't considered an ungrammatical form of English by linguists.

Nothing is considered incorrect when linguists are descriptive retard. That doesnt mean in reality it is unintelligible garbage

Nowhere near as heavily as free jazz does.
I mean, King Gizzard has key changes and weird metrics too, but you wouldn't say it's as complicated as a free jazz piece.

>i cant understand it
>therefore

underrated troll post imo

Why is it so difficult to use a music related image?

Sage, filtered, hidden

Its degenerated English. Can't explain that huh

Gibberish is considered ungrammatical.
That's a funny way of saying "divergent", user. Let's return to good old Anglo-Saxon untarnished by the Latin French.

>Is there a single objective metric by which jazz is superior to classical?
Jazz is a better tool for dumbing down the masses.

classical is art of the past - it is the celebration of a group of people coming together to perform a task specified and managed by some great individuals - the composer and conductor - with little room for individual contribution

it's the Henry Ford production line of art, celebrating conformance and doing exactly as you're told by some 'great minds'

jazz is the modern musical art - everyone is contributing, listening to others and responding. the composer is just someone who enables the people playing the music to do their thing, it's the performers music that will never be made obsolete by recordings or machines. it's the art of creating together and being agile always responding to changing circumstances. it's always human because of the method how it's created through human interaction, as Bill Evans said jazz is not a what, but a how.

about time society turned more to jazz - thinking and acting like a jazz musician is the way of the future, thinking like a classical musician has been almost made obsolete by automation and this trend is not changing. (big bands are the bastard son thinking that there's something great in trying to act like classical - big band jazz is mostly based on the idea that to understand the art of jazz, you have to actually play an imitation of it guided by a strict manager that I find unnecessary, but the untalented elitists with some education who post "you think you like jazz? do you even play instrument?" -threads keep alive to protect their frail egos)

popularity-wise classical music is of course a massive cultural juggernaut that many people underestimate - I saw an article recently showing with data how classical music is in aggregate more popular than football/soccer even in countries like France, Spain and Italy

This is the gayest post ever. Someone screencap it. Also gibberish

>African rhythms
No such thing retard