Mexico invented its own saint: Santa Muerte. She is a skeleton who approves of drugs, murder, kidnapping, and so on...

Mexico invented its own saint: Santa Muerte. She is a skeleton who approves of drugs, murder, kidnapping, and so on, and is quite popular. Along with another Mexican saint who approves of drugs (ostensibly a real person, but really just a legend: Jesus Malverde), Mexican drug smugglers believe God is cool with their activities.

catholicism has all kinds of syncretism and local people's
mexico is not the exception

Better than not having Saints at all like you desu.

>She is a skeleton who approves of drugs, murder, kidnapping, and so on
No, she's just the representation of the "Death".
Pic related is the one they invented for that.

Literally no one outside Mexico believes in that aside from crime related sects, it's not a saint.

I thought they both approve of it, and that Santa Muerte just happened to look like Death?

This is why America needs to be a Protestant country

protestants and muzzies are the worst abrahamics

>goes to an Anglo-Saxon Protestant country
>complains about Protestantism
you have to go back

the US hasn't been Anglo ethnically for a loooong time mate

>he said in English

In english you dont say "the death", you just say "death"

Santa Muerte is fucking badass. Also isn't the idea more to pray death to get protection from your enemies or something, and alleviate fear of said death and so on?...

Nobody thinks murder and kidnapping are inherently good in the moral sense, it's a means to an end at best.

ño, santa is neutral chaos and so criminals can "use" it

Thanks.

in the mexican society/culture death has never been seen as something particularly bad, just as part of the life's cycle, nothing else.
Santa muerte is seen as that because everyone rots into a skeleton not bucease it's either dangerous or intrinsically bad, death is just what it is. People believe that the body of a person is not the only thing that conforms the human being, the essence of a person transcends the boundaries of the physical world, that's why Mexican people take meaning in the smallest things in life, a wind entering the house, a bird singing, a mot in the curtains they all mean something, they all are small interpretations of the dead relative, I've met several people that even after years of having the ones they love passed away they refer to them is the present tense as if they were still around the house.

Neat, thanks for the info. That's obviously not how it is in America.

Interesting. Mexican culture seems very lovely

It's refreshing compared to our overly materialistic societies, isn't it ?

I'm not much of a religious person but I grew to realize that the mind really is a powerful, mysterious thing, we're definitely not just chunks of flesh. Even doctors know this.

Colombia has the patron saint of whores and thieves

USA invented its own saint: Saint Jamal. He is a nigger who approves of BBC, white guys getting cucked, rap songs, and so on, and is quite popular among white women. Along with another American saint who approves of BBC (ostensibly a real person, but really just a legend: Donald Trump), American cucks believe God is cool with their activities.

is a mix of Catholicism and prehispanic customs.
I personally grew up with my grandpa, when he passed away no one was allowed to forget him in the slightest, pictures of him all over the house, his favorite radio station playing all the time, an "altar" with lit up candles was the fist thing you saw entering the house. My grandma stills says "ahh mi fito querido" every time something good happens to the family even after 14 years had passed since his death.
People are not shameless when asking about a dead friend or family member, instead they insist in making the other people remember him and make him talk about it.
Santa muerte is just the result of trying to put meaning in all that, in praying someone or something that once their time comes they die with dignity, they die standing up, that people remember them as the men they were, not as the corpses that rot under the ground.

Episcopalians have saints, they just dont pray to them.

>Santa muerte is just the result of trying to put meaning in all that, in praying someone or something that once their time comes they die with dignity, they die standing up, that people remember them as the men they were, not as the corpses that rot under the ground

This actually makes a lot of sense to me.