MAMMA MIA! POST-ROCK SURE IS A SHITTY GENRE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JzIK5FaC38w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

haha, nice :)

sm64 > ss > g2 > g > 3d

ss > g2 > g > sm64 > 3d

why the fuck does everyone on this board hate post rock? I'm 100% serious I don't get it someone please explain it to me

that section of youtube where people post full post-rock albums and all the comments are people trying to be as deep as possible

example
youtube.com/watch?v=JzIK5FaC38w

The only good post rock albums are made by Talk Talk and Swans

ignore them the only people who care about the waves and how authentic they are are autistic

>muh bark psychosis

fuck off crescendocore is better

yoshi's island>mario 64>mario world>>galaxy 2>mario 3>sunshine>galaxy>mario 1>mario 2

3D world/land are just spinoffs

this
although I'd say its just Talk Talk that makes good post rock

mama mia i just got fucking killed

WOW! SHOEGAZE SURE HAS NO ARTISTIC VALUE!

>I really want to lay on the ground with the girl i like so much while listening to this right after university finals are over.
I didn't ask for this feel

SS > G > 64 >>> G2 > 3D

Post rock was fine when it was slint.

The gybe comes along with their trite emotional dishonesty and the genre never recovered.

Can someone explain the emotional dishonesty thing to me

said mario as he walked outside

Mario Party is an emotionally dishonest video game

its just a meme that some people are taking kinda far

Emotional dishonesty is used be people as a way to describe an artist using specific song construction and themes to stimulate an emotion from the listener instead of creating music and letting emotion be derived from it. Essentially, it's used to describe a song "manufactured" to evoke certain emotions using a set of defined tools like rhythm, chord progression, pacing and other song elements.

I personally don't agree with using it as a diminutive or dismissive term, as separating the artist from the art is often important to enjoy a work. Whether or not the artist feels the same emotion is irrelevant as the work produced is of an objective quality in it's finished state. If a work is designed to evoke a certain emotions, that means that the work has an impact or a message that it succeeded in developing. This is not a negative, as a core function of music, and art in general is to deliver a meaning to the viewer or listener, and with music in specific, deliver an intangible emotion or idea that cannot simply be said in plain language. Any artist, intentionally or not, creates music with certain elements and design that are meant to evoke such ideas and concepts that the artist wants to evoke.

The use as a negative stems from the perception that people feel manipulated when they listen to a work that "dishonest". What that means in this case is that the artist wasn't channelling an inner feeling when they wrote the piece, but instead went out to make the music deliver an emotion that they did not "feel". But this feeling of betrayal is extraneous, because the intentions of the artist, while present in the final work, are projected onto the objective value of the song, and if enjoyment can be derived from the work, it is irrelevant. Music is inherently an art form that meaning is derived from, where the listener can take meaning from the work that the artist both wanted to imbibe, and from an idea that is present in the work. Intention is irrelevant

It's one very dedicated autist