Fuck this guy and his music, he was a psycho and complete asshole, he was very rude to his bandmates...

Fuck this guy and his music, he was a psycho and complete asshole, he was very rude to his bandmates, abusing and bulling them, physically and verbally. When music is done by people like that, it's looses it's value completely. It's so much like serving in expensive restaurant, they bring you an amazing meal, but say ''fuck you'', you won't enjoy a single minute in that place ever. Same with the music, never forget that you serve people, no matter if they like or dislike your music. Fuck every musician that talks shit to their audience, or anyone else, they should be booed and forgotten forever. Fuck Blur, fuck Radiohead, fuck Oasis, fuck Brendan Perry and everyone who's forgotten they would be nothing without those guys in the crowd, or photographers, or journalists.

Is this pasta? Fuck it I'll bite. If someone is putting their product out there, what obligation do they have to be kind to you, or anybody for that matter? Why do you even care lol?

where did the bad album touch you OP?

>looses

who the fuck cares
shut up idiot

lolXDDDD

I bet his bandmates would be upset that you hated their music just because he was mean to them. Some of them fucking reunited just to tour and perform the music without him. Drumbo was performing beefheart/magic band music even after Beefheart's death in 2012. They clearly are very proud of it.

2010* fuc

no doubt ol' Don had his fair share of mental problems and then some

he left some intriguing music behind, though

this opinion is much better than the usual Sup Forums weirdness of claiming that Beefheart must have been an educated musical genius who knew music theory and had everything worked out because how else could he have made such highly rated music

I watched interviews with them and it made me butthurt how they treat people who benefit their popularity. I don't want to listen to the music written by pieces of shit, so should be their ''fans'' or admirers. Music is a very intimate thing, you either fall in love with it or dislike it, if there's some shit mixed in you ''relations'', you hate it.

>my panties are bunched up because of a person I've never met
wow good job faggot

what if a centuries-old piece of folk music you love was revealed to have been written by some 17th century peasant who was mean sometimes? would it ruin it for you lol

All you had to do is get him a pepsi

Truthfully, I don't know much about Beefheart, but I would argue that he could've made that without knowing much theory. I met people that come up with things they think are these great musical revelations, things t hat sound good and all, but have never been in a music class. Taking theory just enabled them to be able to describe what they wanted and did with good detail

He got more knowledgeable about it as time went on.
One thing a lot of people don't know is that, although he wrote nearly all of the riffs in Trout Mask Replica, John "Drumbo" French did most of the actual arrangements. Beefheart would write the riffs on piano and Drumbo would organize them. There's some recordings of Beefheart playing some on piano on youtube.

In Shiny Beast that's not the case at all though

I thought about this, I can't say anything bad about the rest of MB's members, if it wasn't for their absolute self sacrifice to the music, Don would end up in facility faster. In a movie by Corbin he goes like "'people are bad, they make innocent creatures suffer'', apparently he was a huge hypocrite too.

I agree completely. Rude musicians deserve to have their work burned and forgotten forever. Shitty people do not deserve a legacy.

t. antifa

t. easily butthurt millennial
stop trying to change history faggot

It's not a problem if you aren't a raging asshole.

>it's not a problem if you've been assimilated
commies nowadays are like early roman christians going around destroying pagan statues

termites that hate culture, history, and anything human

Culture that endorses hateful behavior towards your fellow humans isn't culture that needs to be preserved. We need to strive to be better as a civilization

>Not being able to separate the artist from his actual work

People like Lovecraft as well as other writers of his time were notoriously racist but that doesn't change the fact that they are brilliant writers who've made great works of art. Though I can't really say the same for pic related, TMR was kind of trash

>it made me butthurt

There's your problem. Stop being butthurt.

like fucking clockwork, I only see an ideology talking, there's no individual here
>Culture that endorses hateful behavior towards your fellow humans isn't culture that needs to be preserved. We need to strive to be better as a civilization
translation: anything isn't an amorphous beige blob needs to be destroyed

That's a convenience for you to destroy all things you don't like.

>wah wah people didn't abide by my definition of nice throughout history
>we should erase it from memory instead of learning from it
You can't control the past faggot, we learn and move on

No one said the baseline means of existence is for everyone to be constantly happy and in a utopian fantasy. Life is suffering, being a sentient animal is suffering. What you do in that suffering is key.

Oh wow and here I thought that other user was just talking shit when he called you antifa

There is a lot of room between 'asshole' and 'amorphous blob' that millions of people are able to navigate successfully.
Not true. Disliking the music alone is not a reason I would get rid of an artist's work.

It touched others, but it could have been me or anyone else, since they did nothing to deserve to be mistreated.
I loved music since my very childhood. Music preaches and teaches way better that any book. Kids grow up listening to the lyrics and melodies, that are always about kindness, love, sadness, it rises the most humane feelings in people who listen to it, even the harsh stuff like slipknot or korn, they sing a lot about how to be strong and be kind, to fight evil and appreciate the good. Every band, singer becomes sort of a friend to the listener, would like to be friends with guys who make pips like you feel bad?

you can spot these people because they can't help but show it. their ideology has infested them to their core
you're a psychopath

while the cultish weirdness surrounding Trout Mask Replica is troubling, it almost feels like par for the course when you read other stories from the scene they were part of at the time, though

Zappa had been basically starving when living at Studio Z just a couple of years earlier and as documented on Uncle Meat, the Mothers weren't making any money those days either despite having a couple of releases out

Beefheart was still basically a nutcase, but definitely a naturally talented artist

This. For fucks sake, we're so sheltered and lucky, people in the 60's were a different breed and probably had to struggle to even have their artistic personalities survive. Even going back to the 90's before the Internet took off, you see the same types of people. Artists live flawed and messy lives. They make terrible role models if you want a life of kindness and structure lmao. This shouldn't be rocket science.

Context is key for listening to older music.

>Context is key for listening to older music
not really. you could know 0 about the context of the music you're listening to including whether it came out yesterday or 100 years ago. the music is whatever the music is, regardless of whether the artist was a meanie or whatever.
totally agree with you on the first part though.
creative people inherently have to take some irrational risks to do what they do, and only a small minority of them ever achieve monetary success from it. it's just in that personality type.

Well there seems to be a huge NIN fanbase on Sup Forums and from all reports Trent was a physically abusive drama queen cunt to his bandmembers in the 90s. Jus' sayin.

>fuck history, it's the year 0
You would have loved Pol Pot

Maybe 'key' is the wrong word. It sort of helps me though when I try to understand, "okay, why are they making this wretched noise, and why can't I stop listening to it?"

>what obligation do they have to be kind to you, or anybody for that matter
Wow, do you really not care about who is the person that made something that you relate to? When your gf cheats on you you kinda stay senseless to that no giving a care?

>Journalists
L M A O
M
A
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i'm not sure how you drew an equivalence between gf cheating on you and the creator of a piece of music being unkind