Homeless in two weeks. Currently in northwest tn. No car. No funds. Going to try to sell everything I can...

Homeless in two weeks. Currently in northwest tn. No car. No funds. Going to try to sell everything I can. Desktop computer. Desk. Maybe a couple of nice jackets. At most may net me 120/130 dollars. No family. No friends. No “programs” here in podunk. Homeless in this city pretty much not an option. I don’t drink. Don’t do drugs. I have no felonies. 5 ft 5. 230lbs but I’ve spent 6 years at a desk job. I’m pretty sure that will shed off as soon as I’m walking miles a day. I do smoke cigs but obviously that will have to go. I have probably 5 changes of clothes. No gun. Can scrap pretty well for my size but not well enough to overcome a large size or strength difference.

What’s my best next step. Best city and state to move to that wouldn’t get me killed on the streets would present options for food work etc. what’s my next move

Other urls found in this thread:

voa.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Chicago

I see no way out anytime soon. Is Chicago in winter a good idea ?

Killing yourself

Good luck fag

Sell your body, suck dick for cash

Raised in a faith that says that’s a bad idea. I don’t think I can work past that or I would have already

This. Ill give you $10 if you suck me.

Find an IKEA. $2 for 2 hot dogs and a drink. They're big enough that you can hang out and walk around all day and set yourself up in a corner somewhere, maybe the bottom bunk of a big bunk bed, and hunker down for the night. I recommend not getting up to use the bathroom or anything while the store is closed so you don't set off any alarms or come up on a camera. Good luck, user.

You worked for 6 years and couldn't afford even a shitty car? That sucks. Homeless with a car isn't even that bad.

As for advice? No idea. I had a car when I was homeless.

Maybe apply for another job? You still have 2 weeks to try and find something. Sell everything except your phone and try and get a dirty cheap motel? Idk man shit would be so much easier if you had a vehicle

]
what did u eat when u were a kid/teenager

Not gay. 36. Not attractive. No gay guy is that desperate. I’d commit a minor crime to get locked up for a bit before I would go that route.

Good luck man, that's all I can say

use whatever money you have to get a bus to someplace warm for the winter like florida.. find a homeless shelter there. get on foodstamps / welfare.. once you have been at a homeless shelter get a letter from them and take it to the housing authority / section 8.. you will get immediate approval for a subsidized apartment. while you're doing this search for local jobs or go to an employment / temp agency to try and find a job in town you can walk to or ride public transportation to.

work your way up from there, faggot. the only reason to be homeless these days is stupidity, a criminal record of violent crime, or just being too proud to accept assistance.

Currently have a job. But it is tech support. Working from home. Internet gets shit off this week. I went through a 3 month stint before this job got behind on rent. Been paying double rent for months. Landlord done. Don’t blame them.

Bump

Very little. Granola. Water. Lean chicken and rice. Etc. I was a high school wrestler. So. The whole cutting weight thing

Friends or family?

Most states require 6 months to 2 years of residency in that state to qualify for benefits like food stamps. And in Florida you are required to do 40 hrs of volunteering a week just to get food stamps. Don't do it.

Join unicef/peace corps/a volunteer programs and travel the world helping people in unestablished countries.

I accept that. My current situation is the culmination of a few hundred stupid decisions. The whole bus to somewhere warm was my first thought. Guess I’ll stick with that

Join the military

if this is true then go to the city closest to where you currently live and find a homeless shelter there. the rest still applies. hopefully you don't live somewhere with shitty winters but if you find a shelter & / or get housing to help with an apartment that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

No friends. Family doesn’t acknowledge me. My fault. Ive been a pretty shitty person in the past

Ex military. Not an option or I would consider it

fat dum sun bitch cant, even the air force stops taking in fags after 32, plus with the year long thing of getting in touch with a recuiter, Taking your ASVAB and MEPS, then on top that the wait period and determanation and sheer resolve just to join the military?

36 and going homeless, you better get your ass on some state care funded shit there user

god speed faggot

Sad part is. I scored so well on advanced they offered me nuc school. How I got from there to here is sad

Have an iPhone. I’ve considered selling it. I’ve vinsidered keeping it so I could use WiFi and search for work programs etc. which is smarter

Join the military. That's your best option. Sell everything and go

>best advice in whole thread
>ignored

keep a device you can use on wifi but that is small and portable, it can be invaluable for communicating with people, including potential employers or searching for information.

on my android device, i have detailed navigation maps of entire north america w/ wikipedia info as well, stored on 13 gbs of a microsd card... i use google voice to have a free phone number, make free voice calls, free txt messages, and have a voicemail, that can be accessed from wifi / internet anywhere from any device.

See above. Ex military. Not an option

also, find a cheap but decent quality bicycle on craigslist. should be able to find one under $50 ... look for one with a rack. then you can travel further than on foot, and carry your shit on the rack.

thats cause fuck ur ikea and costco sams club havin ass membership club card looking ass nigger saving pennies like a fucking jew and sucking dick like a spic for not wanting to sleep in the urban open like a little bitch i would know

Not at all noted Literally. Just didn’t require a response. Other than thank you. So. Yeah. I should have said thank you. So. Thank you

IKEA doesn't require a membership, you fucking tard

Side note. This was not op. I can’t afford to be a dick.

>sell everything you have
>ask for money on the street
>stay in the corner of a mcdonalds and donth bother anyone
>mcdonalds (free refills on soda, cheap $1 burgers, charge your phone, AC/Heat, restrooms, WIFI.)
>you should get enough money in 1 week to pay your phone bill. (Cheapest plan)
>try and find the cheapest motel you can every night. If not gonna have to find a spot somewhere and sleep on the street or bus bench.
>do this until you die

fite me irl newfag

If you're a Veteran
look up
Volunteers of America
they have Veterans homeless shelters all over the country
they'll put you up for free for 6 months.
Good luck, user

Re-4. Navy and I didn’t part on good terms

you got dishonably discharged? shit your just like my dad then, and hes been bouncing in and out of my grandmas house to a VA then back to the streets and all over again.

Thank you. Stuff like this is the general plan atm. I don’t have much but selling everything except a duffel bag of clothes and phone

>same user
Also, go to the VA
there are programs to help
Veterans from becoming homeless.
If you have a job,
they will help you with rent
or 1st & last months rent + security on a place
You do have to go on the street if you're really a Veteran w/ a job

Step above. BCD. One of my many bad decisions.

You fucking leftards always complaining about money looking for handouts

Learn a skill kid

were you dishonorably discharged?

Haven’t asked for a thing but advice user.

Bad conduct discharge. In the hierarchy it’s one step above dishonorable

If you were anything other than dishonorably discharged then you can still stay
@ a Volunteers of America shelter

some are pretty nice

You're FAT AS SHIT!!!

Good idea. Good luck my man. Wish I could help you more but people make shitty decisions every day. Try and bounce back. Get a gym membership once you get good money coming in (from begging) you can shower there. Amd wifi and stuff. I know homeless people who make more than I do. And with no bills you can save up and get a shitty as car and things will be so much easier.

No nigga

I’ll look into it. If it’s an option might be a lifesaver. CO made it pretty clear that any military benefits were gone though. Got out in 2003

voa.org/

I stayed w/ them & I had a General under Honorable
I met guys there that spent most of their enlisted time in the brig
They will let you stay.

I know. Sitting behind a desk for six years and not taking the initiative to work out to make up for it will do that to ya. On the bright side I should be nice and thin in a few months on the street

This

Will look into it. Would be poetic if I could spend a few years helping someone. Penance so to speak.

me, again
where in the NW are you. I'm on their site &
will look up a number of the nearest shelter for you.
They will even come & get you & your stuff

I have an idea, there are many rich old people anywhere. I say you offer to take care of one of them for food and lodging until you're ready to reenter the work force. Or you take care of them to see if they leave you everything, but make it clear you will leave of mistreated.

Bearish Jackson tn. About a 30 min drive north

Near ish. Not bearish

zip code?

sounds like this shelter may be a good option if you have none better. also this is Sup Forums so greentext us the story of how you got your RE-4

570 South Fourth Street
Suite 100
Louisville, KY 40202

Phone: (502) 636-0771
Call Them asap
usually open @ 9AM

What the fuck. Your kidding right? I'm in southtown by dodges.

hope things work out OK for you OP

I gotta crash

best of luck
>tits to cheer you up

Bro. Where you go? Legit, I'm same zip rn.

Green texting on phone is painful so. Abridged version. It’s nothing special. Just stupid.
> be me
>be dj/promoter in rave scene
>circle of friends bring me into the party side.
> always have pills / mdma
> shipmate gets caught with possession
> ncis plays you help us we help you with him
> he sets me up
> I hand five pills of mdma to ncis undercover
> I won’t play game
> I do time im brig and discharged

Again I was 22/23 This was back in 2002/2003. Haven’t so much as smoked weed since.

Added to notes. Will call in the morning. Thank u user

Was green texting. I’m in mill town on Reynolds so you know. Homeless here wouldn’t make sense. I’m fucking shocked someone from da burg on Sup Forums with me

hang in there Sup Forumsro

do all you can to avoid the street

Under different circumstances this would be cool as fuck

Move to Minnesota. I know the winters suck, but they are really good with helping people get back on their feet. They helped me when I was in your situation. Best town to move to in MN is Marshall. Maybe you can move there and get a job working for Schwan's. They are always hiring. Good luck!

Right. That area is fucked. Southtown getting just as bad. Had someone scoping my motorcycle earlier. I told him I'm armed and he left. Lmao. Me and my ole lady are planing to move by this weekend to where her mom and shit is. 6 hours away. Pretty much same damn boat your on bro

Thank you anons. I have things I can do and look into now. I’ll check in when I have a direction to go and let you all know how it’s going

South town was never pill hill. Lived there a while back. Regardless. Even Matthew 25/14 or whatever it’s called told me to get fucked

They like weed and alcohol and shouting niggerish nonsense over here. Y'all got methheads and pill poppers over there.

Cheer up op I was 17 when I was out of home due to domestic violence from my lezbion mum and her partner I struggled to hold my place in an carveran park on casural job sometimes starving to pay bills cheer up bud we all have it hard at sometime in our life just keep moving forward .

Yep. Apparently the latest thing is k2/spice shit. Neighbor is on that shit. If nothing else I can be grateful clean and sober

What do you do for a living now?
Do you enjoy your life or atleast find it better than what it used to be?
Do you live a secure life?

Genuinely interested

I know the guy that used to run that shit around here back when it started. It was my ex bosses nephew. Strung out on shit all the time.

sucks man, that's shitty. no victim, no crime Sup Forumsrother. you'll figure this shit out.. just gotta keep working on improving your situation... sometimes having to make changes in your life ends up leading to much better opportunities than remaining stagnant.

I appreciate it user. I’m not in a depressed state atm. More analytical. Trying to figure out steps to take. I’ll survive one way or the other. Survival is all I’m good at

what u do user?

Work for apple from home. Tech support for iOS devices. I’ve been.... going through the motions for years. Not happy But not suicidal or anything. Gamer and teaching myself programming in my spare time. Things were a little better before my car died. Now. I don’t get out. Don’t talk to people. Just work watch YouTube game and tinker with programming.

Eric?

See green text above. Sold ecstasy to undercover. Was young dumb and impulsive

Nope. Roy

>sigh
I have a huge house that you can stay in for a few months if you can promise you're not a crazy bastard serial killing rapist. Also don't rob my shit. I get a good vibe from you and I'm willing to help.

I don't believe I know you. You ever vape?

Well I'm a dishie I wash dishes for a living things got better tho 286698#p746290468

Nope. Few know me. Keep to myself. Not really by choice. Not a Chequers type of guy. No car. Etc graduated in 99

I used to work for a shelter. Find a city that does have a housing program. I don't mean Sec 8 either. HUD is pushing housing first right now. Since this is your first (I'm assuming) time homeless, you won't be in any systems anywhere. Housing first means a place covers your first months rent and deposit, then subsequent months based on need/whatever the worker feels like.

You'll probably have to take what's called a VI-SPDAT assessment. Lie on it for a higher score. It's a yes/no for the most part. So say you do drugs, have felonies, engage in risky behavior, etc. the higher the score the quicker you get housed

Try applying for a repairsman/cheap buider job.

Most of people, especially in rural and residential areas, need their fence painted white or other easy stuff done. Young boys ignore their elders and their constant need of little reparations.

Best advice is on how you behave. You're about to lose everything so keep your head down. People like humble folk trying to be useful. Even if some stupid dude provokes you when you become a bum, keep your head down.
Wait for opportunity. Stay sharp. Dont lose dignity. Wash everytime you see fit, keep in mind the cleanest you stay the best it is to find jobs.

You have to seek a winter shelter, the warmer the better: consider roaming a little bit the outskirts now that the climate still allows you to do that. You never know if you may find an abandoned shack or a repaired spot should everything crack under your feet.

You sound like a good person, or a former one. I hope everything goes ok.
Farewell, user.

hitch hike out to San Francisco my dude.

I am no saint but I’ve never hurt another human in my life. How can I contact you

Yeah I wash dishes for a living it's hard work but it pays I'm on top of my bills now tho

I don't bar hop either.