wool was god tier tho. and its still a good album with those flaws

>S
>W
>I
>Z
>Z

This album is better than mm...food

just got this in the mail today, time to get sad

People hate it because it's not a typical Kraftwerk album, but it's clearly the one that aged the best. While Computerwelt sounds like cheesy garbage now, Electric Café retained it's clear, industrial and crisp sound.
The world caught up to Radioactivity and Tour De France, but Electric Café is still years ahead.

earl is good but he still has that adolescent overexcited thing going on

he'd be great if he were cold

Somewhat
Shit bait
Yes
Kinda
Yes
No, it's bad
Not really
Wew

Awful taste

>AMSP
>underrated

Outside of the singles, I feel like this album's underrated as fuck.

I feel like Earl Sweatshirt's self-titled mixtape is also extremely underrated, it has some really good tracks.

Ok Kid
Yes, it is mr. jeb

This

i agree but mm food has a lot of easy to get into bangers and a lot more notable songs (playing devils advocate) and apparently every one Reddit and casual fans hate those intermissions on born like this.

I love his flow and delivery but man his lyrics DO fucking suck hard.

Quite the opposite, his writing's one of the best I've ever seen.

Yeah i agree 100% people only know like 3 songs on it. and because of the internet got Childish Gambino more famous but ill say people act like they love the album but only say 3005 and Oakland.

listen to wool and off top he has killer bars at the end of wool and off top is non stop fire in my opinion. (i'm not even an huge earl fan either)
this hes improved a lot since the odd future days and gained way more flow, his writing on this album is overall superb

Here's another underrated album

(not the guy you replied to)
he's good at writing, but he sucks at talking about interesting stuff

I love his very tight rhyming, sounds very enjoyable. Doesnt give a fuck what he reads about though

His writing is the epitome of talking a lot and not saying a single substantial thing IMO. Not that it doesn't suit his style though.

anyone who has heard it knows

I know, right? Zealots of Stockholm, Flight of the Navigator, Crawl, The Party, Life: The Biggest Troll and Worldstar are fucking amazing and it's a shame that so many Gambino "fans" only listen to his singles/Redbone.

Imo, his self-titled mixtape's just as great. I can definitely see improvements in his later works but EARL's also amazing, at least in my eyes.

>his writing's one of the best I've ever seen.
examples?

I mean, he just talks about shit he wants to talk about, I guess. You don't necessarily have to talk about interesting or in-depth stuff. He's still very enjoyable in my eyes, either way.

The problem was that the album didn't have any standout songs to remember it, it was receiver pretty well though
youtube.com/watch?v=fPnWLUEWBQc
More people need to listen to this.

yeah dude people sleep on all those amazing songs for the top 40's bait, its a shame too cause crawl maybe the best song of the album.

i think you responded to the wrong guy

Even Kendrick Lamar has some hidden gems to him. (including singles that didn't make it to Good Kid Mad City). Hell even Good Kid Mad City is underrated (coming from a guy who thinks To Pimp a Butterfly is 10/10)

I'm the second guy you quoted.
I'm not criticizing his lyrics for being uninteresting, but because they're overly knitted for lack of a better word. Like you can say what you're saying without trying so hard. However, that heavy and slow lyricism suits his style pretty well since he's going for that MF impression.

"Earl", "Couch" and "epaR" on his self-titled mixtape, "Hive", "Whoa", "Wool", "Burgundy", "Molasses", and "Off Top"

Anything by cunninlinguists.

nah man i mean. what lines on that stuff is some of the best you've heard. because none of that stuff is even in the top 100 rap verses of all time
idk where u coming from

youtube.com/watch?v=z5nZtPz7F18

Yeah, agreed, but that's what I like about his style, how different he is from other rappers (that I've listened to) and his different style of writing.

Can i see top 10 of this list?

i already posted a top 10 one for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=wrxxfrzJY6k give it a try

And these are the songs Kendrick fans probably never heard of.
youtube.com/watch?v=wKgGXxoT5Ds
youtube.com/watch?v=VoSckA0ELHg
youtube.com/watch?v=uNTpPNo3LBg

Crawl is an amazing first track. A few bars into the first verse and he already hits you with that "Put it down like the family dog" line. I honestly don't have a favourite track on Because the Internet because they're all fucking amazing to me, even 3005, Oakland/Telegraph Ave and Sweatpants.

Fucking??? So what???
"It's not in a video about the best rap verses of all time, it must be shit!"
Like, I get it that people have opinions and tastes and they don't like some artists, but basing your critique on Earl's lyricism on a Top 100 Rap Verses video is just dumb. Sorry, but it just is.

The actual underrated albums in these threads never get any replies

How is it underrated?

>6 million views
>100k views
>9 million views
Yeah, only true patricians like you listen to such rare hidden gems

His other album "Kauai" was pretty good too, just felt a little wishy washy and lack luster. Best song on it tho.

youtube.com/watch?v=C37_7FfM5vM&list=PLVy6WgswmlV3XmETZXwOC1I37aWRPGq1M&index=3

never said i dislike earl. i just don't see him as underrated or having good lyrics at all. hes vibe is great and beat selection is great but thats about it. you still haven't quoted a great line from either

if anything solace is underrated.

>Not liking Wiki and Vince's bars.
C'mon son.

ikr

well no one talks about them so i considered that most people don't know about them, in any Kendrick discussion no one talks about those great singles. Also most of those people who watched the vid don't discus on Sup Forums let alone have a clue what Sup Forums is.

vince has no bar's lmao. fuck outta here
wiki is alright

The objective quality is better than the general opinion of its quality

Sup Forums talks about albums. not singles.

Kauai was great, but nowhere near my favourites. The Palisades could've been great without Jaden, still a bit bitter about that. Retro's really good imo, but I feel like Sober (yes, I know, the normie track)'s the best track on Kauai. Also, fun fact, Retro's a remake (for a lack of a better word) of one of the tracks on his very first mixtape, Sick Boi, which he made in like 2008

Popular but underrated

>didn't have standout songs
Is there a worse critique? Literally all of the songs minus Tinker Tailor and Identikit are fucking great. Fuck this shit critique.

Because there's nothing to talk about. These are mediocre songs that looks better because they're old and not on the surface. Heart pt.1 and Monster freestyle much more interesting.

Ive seen some single's debated but it was mostly dad rock or some literally who's

Thats really cool never knew retro was an "remake" and Jaden kinda pooped on the song

Ill give you the Heart pt, 1 and Monster Freestyle are better but it doesn't mean their bad in any means. They still hold up today for me.

Another hot underrated album

>flying lotus unfinished demos is underrated
nope.

Literally all of "Earl" from his self-titled mixtape. Listen to it closely.

"Old testaments, trying to stay Jekyll-ish, but most niggas Hyde and Brenda just stay pregnant." from Hive

"They tentatively tend to turn and go when I am finished. Stone cold, hardly fucking with these niggas, nigga listen, the description doesn't fit if not a synonym of menace, then forget it, in turn, these critics and in-terns, admitting the shit spitted, just burn like six furnaces writ, it affixed, learning them digits and simultaneously, dispelling one-trick-pony myths, isn't he?" from Hive

The entire 2nd verse of Whoa

"Mop the blood up, put the body in the apartment, stash it where we hide the marijuana and the condoms. "Hey, what's that?" Don't touch it or even fucking look; you are Fantasia and the body bag's a fucking book" from epaR.

The last verse of "Wool".

yeah like i said. none of that is good bars. its cool you stan for him. but i think you're confusing his vibe with lyricism.

>"Old testaments, trying to stay Jekyll-ish, but most niggas Hyde and Brenda just stay pregnant."
like cmon man. thats just silly

Lol what do you mean? Everyone talks about "You're Dead", or "L.A." i've Never seen a Thread About thus album or it being mentioned on this board. But here's another un-talked about album

I don't fucking "Stan" for him. I think his lyrics are good and want to stand by my opinion. If that's Stanning, then jesus fucking christ.

Also, it's desolate testaments*, I mixed the two up.

obviously you are new. when it came out it was talked about. its not a good or bad release. its just throwaways. there's nothing to discuss about it
same with reset.

flying lotus himself is overrated by ppl who don't know much about electronic music in general tbqh.

That Kilo Kish adlib on The Palisades always makes me smile. Kauai is so close to being a truly great project, Jaden sucks and Pop Thieves is kinda cringy.

Amen. Kauai deserves more than what it is right now. All we need is a re-make of The Palisades without Jaden and more of a "What Kind of Love" ending and a re-writing of Pop Thieves.

Or, even better, just have The Palisades end right before Jaden starts talking.

well i wouldn't say overrated by any means but hes defiantly the most easy to get into and has been a favorite of mine for a while.

its an almost great if not great album.

if anyone here knows mndsgn you're a legend

can add doris to that too

Computer world is a wonderful album.

How on God's green earth is that an underrated album? It was critically acclaimed upon release and is the favorite Earl album by a lot of fans, judging from sites like RYM. So what makes it underrated exactly? That it didn't get a rave review by Fantano? His review was positive to begin with but he even changed his mind about it and sees it more positively now.

Stop acting like it's some underrated, forgotten gem that only you know about, it's not. It's hugely popular among rap listeners.

this

but people only talk about his older shit and never the well made songs on this album, most earl fans i know think this is one of his weaker albums. and i never acted like only i know about this i just wanted to talked about albums people think are underrated. I respect your opinion so no need for more hostility.

>critically acclaimed

guys come on
yeah right, every black hipster on my campus worships this album
shit
eh, this album is pretty samey
correct

SHUT UP, ASSHOLE