Gonna take ThinkPad P71 for study and scientific purposes

Gonna take ThinkPad P71 for study and scientific purposes.
What does /b think about it?
www3.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-p/ThinkPad-P71/p/22TP2WPWP71

If you don't want to play on it, but want to take it with yourself, then it looks pretty huge. In a year you will think that you would be happier with a laptop that's 20% weaker, but weights half of this.
Otherwise ThinkPads in this category are quite decent machines, despite being chinese.

I'm not a gamer so no games on it.
I need particles modeling and shit.

Looks like shit

Too big and too expensive

No u

If you want take it everywhere, go for a macbook pro with full extra. Smaller, and still fast (assuming you write your own shit). Despite the fact that they ask for a shitton of money, it's not a bad deal considering the performance.
If you want to take it with yourself only occasionally, then go for this.
If you would use it as a desktop machine always, buy a desktop machine. Better performance for the same price.

worst advice you could have possibly given him

I guess you never used a computer for work/real study. But I respect your opinion. Eventually you will realize where you are wrong.

>ad hominem
nice try macshill, not getting my shekels

I don't have a macbook, and generally I despise apple shills, however if you really check the laptops with the same hw, you won't find a big price difference. The only thing you will note is that you can buy acer shit for $400 too, not only for $3000. Of course if you want reliable high performance from the acer, you will have to pay $3000...

>MacBook Pro
Really? Is there even any software for scientific purposes for Apple?
Really, Linux&Windows rule in this

not worth the shitty OS and lack of compatibility with relevant software

Please read the whole sentence
>assuming you write your own shit
And in this case there is no real difference in operating systems, only hardware. If you think otherwise, you are retarded, and should stay with your wii u.

I love ThinkPads. I'm extremely hard on laptops and they hold up just fine for me. Plus I hate trackpads and can only use those little red pointing nubs.

>shitty OS
If you don't have money for it, it doesn't mean it's shitty

What do you think about their quality?
Has it got worse since IBM sold ThinkPad brand to Lenovo?

>quite decent machines
Name more decent. I'll wait

you're right. the restrictive interface and lack of customization options to the point of not only inconvenience but severe inefficiency combined with a palate of proprietary software designed to be simple enough for the lowest common denominator while discouraging developers without a profitable enough audience to even bother to write for their platform leading to an almost non-existent market for most niche programs are what make it shitty.

also
>ad hominem
>again

They will never ever beat original IBM T20. Still use one, and have another for transplantation in case the current one dies (I don't think that I will see it in my lifetime). Prove me wrong faggot.

For that money you could get a ryzen based rig that'd outperform this. Obviously not a laptop (yet)

Enjoy your thermal throttling. Macbooks are shit. Macs are shit.

Posting of a P70 with xeon E3.
Its a genuinely good laptop, though its obviously massive and weighs a fair bit.
The EEc Ram is pricey but worth it if your doing any heavy lifting with it.
Had mine about 8 month noe and no issues to report - like all my other thinkpads - back to T40 p, it feels like it will just soldier on indefinitely.
Look bit of a cunt using it on the train though!