Why is disrespect for the flag something which triggers conservatives?

Why is disrespect for the flag something which triggers conservatives? youtu.be/wKCeESg9Ev8

No one should be forced to "show respect" for the government in a free country.

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2017/08/20/trump-mistakenly-tweeted-that-the-country-needs-to-heel-the-internet-gave-him-hell/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nobody should be allowed to burn the American flag. If they do, there must be consequences, perhaps loss of citizenship or a year in jail.

Donald Trump

Imagine what our country could accomplish if we started working together as one people under one God saluting one American flag.

Which is it, the flag or the government? They are not synonymous.

The flag represents the government. It's symbolic.

No, it represents the nation

It represents the men, and women who fought, bled, and died, to found, and protect the nation. Standing for the national anthem is in tribute to those who died so you HAVE a nation to call home. If you don't want to honor them, then the best part of it being a free country is, you're free to fucking leave!

The nation is the government. What do you think nation means? Do you think the southern flag just represents southern States and has no deeper meaning? Are you saying "the problem with the south is just that one administration"? Of course not. A flag is what you want during a war. It's a symbol of the government, not of the land

So you're saying that you shouldn't be allowed as a free man to not solute the flag? How is that freedom?

Okay then pay for me to leave.

They're too stupid to put two and two together

What the players are doing is symbolically the same thing as flying a flag at half mast or upside down. It's not about disrespecting a flag. There's no destruction of a flag, no violence, and nobody gets hurt. If a citizen thinks that there's a serious problem with our country they have the right to bring attention to it whenever and wherever they want.

Thankfully the government is not the nation. If it were we'd change the flag every few years

Fun fact. In America you're allowed to burn the flag, because freedom of speech takes precedence. The flag is symbolic and burning it is a symbolic act. Unless you burn it while marching armed through the streets chanting "death to the Republic" it's not treason.

We haven't actually changed governments since the founding, unless you count a couple southern states....

what theyre doing is ungrateful as fuck. They're millionaires because of this country, and they're protesting what? How oppressed they are? Its retarded.
And moreover, bringing attention to an issue that everyone is aware of without offering viable solutions just makes you a useless noisemaker

They're not obligated to solute the flag just because they got rich. That's retarded. If they're free men then they don't "owe" the government.

So we should not bring attention to global warming unless it's specifically while driving a Prius? These players give money to charity.

wow even evil Canaveral couldn't make that leap

not likeing somthing or being upset about it is a long long way from being forced to do it

even if someone wants you fired or something
they can want tell the end of time it doesn't make that happen

so far no one is forced to do anything

I'm a veteran and I am PROUD that they decided to protest in a manner that is not violent, disruptive or showboating.

I served for their right to protest like adults, with honor and respect, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

In fact - I served for your right to be a douchebag and tell me that I shouldn't live in the nation I served, I still wouldn't have it any other way.... Well except the part of you being a douche, I'd change that if I could.

this sounds about right

as long as its words and options its open season in this country and thats by intent

They are protesting the fact that our country is in a fucked state lately, even before the don of diabetes took office.

They keep trying to pass laws specifically making it illegal to disrespect the flag in spite of the courts. This goes back further than Trump

Sounds like Nazism to me

Theyre not obligated to salute the flag as free individuals, but they are obligated to put on a good patriotic face as employees of the NFL. You're part of an organization, you become the face of it, and it better be a damn good face.

It's a Donald Trump quote

The NFL doesn't even care if they do it.

What the fuck does this have to do with anything?

Why are the same people butthurt about the Confederate flag being taken out of the culture when its historically the greatest symbol of disrespect to the U.S. flag?

Um yeah I know.

Well since no one has a good solution to global warming yet it's just noise making.

Because American conservatives are backwards and inconsistent. They claim to hate big government meddling in people's shit, but at the same time using big government to strip gays, trans, and women of guaranteed rights.
In order to meet thier goal of "Responcible gov spending", they take pennies away from programs that are already cheap as fuck and put 100 times that amount into the military.
They want to protect the rights if the individual, but if you as an individual choose not to join the hivemind for the anthem you "aren't an American". (Fun fact: Becoming one people united under one thing, ie waivering your individualism, is one Marx's tenants of communism)

American republicans can't even act like conservatives properly.

ok, what exactly are they suggesting be done about it? If they cant offer constructive advice, then their showboating bullshit is pointless and juvenile

Any sentence that starts with the word imagine usually ends in a trite, didactic sentiment for lazy intellects to latch onto.

Wow. This is an insightful thought

It's not about them. They're standing up to the oppression of the people who didn't get to be millionaires for just being good at a game.
I'm not shocked Cuckservatives struggle with empathy

So they should just lie back and accept fate? That's awfully stupid user.

At least what they are doing is bringing attention to issues most people won't or don't care about. Starting the conversation is the first step towards progress.

I love how libtards think we give a shit. Trump puts out a tweet and the idiot media blows it totally out of proportion, then you retards get upset and whine about it in your echochambers. You people are retarded. We don't fucking care, and neither does Trump. You wouldnt either if you were smart.

So happy Trump is more triggered about some dudes protesting police brutality than he is about neo-nazi's with cheap torches in charlottesville or a practically nuked Puerto Rico, let alone the millions of people that would lose healthcare with his plans (he has no idea whats in it tho). Trump saying these players should be fired and all, oh those right-wingers love to defend free speech when it affects them, but back up trump without questions when hes advocating on shutting up protesters.

>no date
check
>no time
check
>perfect typos
check
>any way to prove this?
not a fucking chance

you care by making that buttblasted post.

What the fuck are you talking about you retard? How does global warming even compare to nignogs chimping out cause one of them gets killed for assaulting a cop?
We have emission standards, people are trying to develop clean energy, the whole world is trying to reduce global warming. Hell even if trump didnt sign the climate accords, most private businesses in the US are trying to be eco friendly.
Dont use comparisons if they dont work

>strip gays, trans, and women of guaranteed rights.
Like what?

You don’t pay attention to the news, do you? He famously did that

What fucking issues have they brought up that are unique to this protest? This conversations been started long ago. And you know what, blacks arent the only ones who dont get a chance to be millionaires. There is no race issue here, other than blacks keeping other blacks down. Welcome to capitalism, not everyone gets to be on top. You dont like it? Too bad. Im no millionaire either but thats life. Stop being a pussy and deal with it

I think everyone should take a deep breath, and contemplate the following; what is our government working on behind the scenes that they need this much of a distraction among We the People? Think about it.

see

This started because of police violence on black people, or can you not think that far back in time. Now its evolved into a more equal rights black lives matter thing but it started as a protest against cops killing black people every fucking week.

washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2017/08/20/trump-mistakenly-tweeted-that-the-country-needs-to-heel-the-internet-gave-him-hell/

You idiot

I"ll fill you in on the whole "stripping of gay rights and shit" thing. The reason why most conservatives hate what the government did involving it was because it wasn't the place of the federal government. That's a state issue, not a federal issue. They want the states to decide what the classification of marriage is, whether people should turn a blind eye to mental issues involving trans, and why should someone's tax money be spent on keeping women murdering children.

>buying into pseudo-intellectual mumbo jumbo means you lack empathy
>disrespecting your citizens on live TV means youre standing up to oppression
Get fucked you absolute retard.

the only ones who feel disrespect are the ones who worship the flag instead of the people it represents.

Also very happy Trump-man is very busy provocing a war with rocketman, and yet AGAIN, murica can attack a country that did not attack murica

Took me literally 2 minutes to find the tweet in his timeline. Stop believing everything you see on the internet then calling other people idiots you fucking gigantic retard.

None, the protest is now expanding to athletes. More people are protesting as more people get fed up with the way things are. Why is that hard for you to understand?

What you fail to realize you dumb shit is that each one of those high profile niggers deserved it, except maybe one of the last ones who was shot after he was already face down on the ground. Each and every one of them earned a bullet for being a piece of shit and not complying with the cops.
And you know what? you know why those cases made the news? because theyre so fucking rare. Look up the stats, blacks kill more blacks than anyone else. Police violence against innocent blacks is negligible. Whites are subject to as much police brutality as blacks.
This protest is based on a lie and propagated by people who give no fucks about the "issues" but only want to further themselves. Why the fuck dont BLM and these NFL faggots go protest in Chicago's south side, or Detroit, or East NY, where blacks are being killed by their own on a daily basis?

That’s after he tweeted heel twice.

Police violence occurs to more white people. Even if it didnt, you cant prove its racism just because more black ppl get shot. Youre so close minded and not able to really think about things it seems.

yea but as a nation we keep making the same choice that

no you have that right
when i was a teenage Vietnam was fresh and the flag burning thing was a hot topic

it was legal BUT you would stil get your head cracked for it by cops
that i had a problem with getting attack by cops for doing something legal

I'm just glad that our President is dealing with issues that impact our nations well being. I wish more people recognized the greatness of his actions.

>low iq libtards still osessing over cheeto nazis tweets
You people are mentally ill...

Meh, at least we have 58 states.

One of them was a dude in his car with his girlfriend and her kid.

Also you calling them niggers proves you don't think of them as people.
Show. me. stats.

Because "the way things are" is in all reality better than it ever has been for minorities. Except taking advantage of all the opportunities they have now means they would actually have to work for a living, so they choose to stir up shit and make a living protesting instead.

Do you love stefan molyneux?

>You mean like trump respected the family of the dead soldier?
>RESPECT Y0!

Actually it wasn’t legal yet. The courts had ruled both ways.

You poor pathetic little cuck. You think you should blindly love the country that fucks you in the ass and never protest anything. God you're pathetic

Im not here to spoon feed your stupid ignorant ass. Look up official fbi stats by race and read em for yourself instead of having me do it for you.

>why can't you all stop fighting for better lives and lick this tasty boot like me!

It doesn't matter if someone is racist now, the President already declared Nazi's as very fine people.

*softly plays song from Frozen just for you*
let it go, let it go, humumhumm mumhumhum

i was in California at the time and our state had made a decision on it

there was flag burning ot celebrate but it didnt seem to matter

keep in mind this was a time when protesters with just signs were getting dogs and hoses turned on them

The dude in the car was also unwarranted, fair point.
But you want to tell me Trayvon, who got home, then doubled back to start shit with neighborhood watch didnt ask for it? Or Michael Brown, who charged a cop and tried to take his gun after trying to rob a store didnt earn it? They arent people, theyre savages. This isnt a skin color thing, this is a "they dont know how to act in civilized society" thing.

Im gonna take a shot in the dark and say you live in some small white town or city with no ghetto presence at all, dont you? Its impossible to grow up around niggers and think of them as people

My step mother is black, my half sister is black, I grew up in LA. I'm white as wonderbread but I never have talked down to someone for being black

Stupid ass fucking koreans and bitch ass kids from indian reservations sure. But blacks and mexicans are chill as fuck.

>I enjoy a better standard of living than pretty much the rest of the world but its not enough for me because people of my race murder other people of my race in some other part of this country, and get no sympathy from police because of it. I sure am oppressed

>the President already declared Nazi's as very fine people.
No, he never did

As opposed. To rubber bullets and tear gas?

>You think you should blindly love the country that fucks you in the ass and never protest anything. God you're pathetic
No, youre projecting a strawman on me because youve been trained to by your media. You honestly believe thats what I think? Thats idiotic, and i think your little pea brain realizes it, but cant admit it, since youre a pussy.

The funny part is that some of the same people who are upset at NFL players kneeling for the national anthem, were totally ok with Neo-nazis marching in Charlottesville.

Maybe thats an LA thing, good for you. I live in NYC, and everyone from cops to teachers to average commuters keeps as far from the ghetto apes as possible for very good reason

There are good people, on many sides.

please tell this to anitfa, that freedom of speech works both ways...

Oh thank God he never said 'Very fine people on both sides" as that would refer to them as very fine people.

I'm sure glad you came along to erase that from history!

I have tried.

yeah, the people peacefully protesting the removal of the statues, not the nazis you fucking retard.

The second have of your post is a straw man you made up, and America gas a lower standard of living than several other countries. You're talking out your ass

dont pretend like people are just handing out now and cops turn the rubber bullets on them

show me one protest that didnt start to get violent before the cops did that

back than it was no warning almost every time they didnt come out to keep the peace there orders were to stop us

have you tried wearing a mask and pretending you're doing something important? they seem to associate with that.

It is not a question of disrespecting the flag as much as it is a question of, do they even remember wtf they are protesting about anymore. Bottom line is if you wanna act like a feral nigger, then expect to be treated like a feral nigger.

> you're free to fucking leave!
actually i'm not, as it's difficult to get a visa to live in another country. If i could just up and leave, I would have. years ago. faggot.

OK. NYC 2004.

FERAL? They kneeled.

You seem to have your panties in a pretty big twist over this friendo. If locking arms is too extreme how would you like to protest. Why don't you go blow your politicians? I'm sure that's more your speed

If these people wanted to protest on their own time thats fine. I will always support freedom of speech and right to peaceful assembly. But as soon as they are in uniform on that field, they are working. The NFL has the absolute right to fire players for protesting on company time. And rightfully should. These people are being paid millions of dollars to play a game, and are now using that status as a fucking soapbox.

Fuck em.