Is Metallica too mainstream or are they real Metal

is Metallica too mainstream or are they real Metal

HOLY SHIT
>999
you get the bump of destiny OP

Considering they influenced many metal bands and a whole genre after them, they were probably real metal. Now they're just shells of that

agreeable there new stuffs pretty terrible but i love ride the lightning and justice for all

Love metallica but nothing can touch pantera

i would put megadeth over both but some god tier bands all 3

They're the McDonald's of metal. Fat, stupid Americans with no taste can't get enough mass-produced bullshit.

Are you a hipster or just a socially challenged retard?

????
explain alot of people hate metallica because they mainstreamed metal and became one pf the most popular bands of the eightys and nineties

>metallica because they mainstreamed metal
>mainstreamed

NEVER EVER a good thing

why does it matter if something is mainstream?
metallica is a really good band, ride the lightning and kill'em all are their best albums imo

They were pretty legit thrash in the late eighties early nineties. Other than that hard wired to self destruct was cool. Who gives a shit if they are mainstream? You kinda sound like a prick when you say that kinda stuff.

great metal never rust!

Real Metal for their time. Love justice and ride the lightning! And when I say time...I mean before they went popular anymore and kids started listening to gay music

Up until Master...they were great...since then...shite

They were metal in the 80s and 90s. Then their fame got too much and they sold out. new shit is basically pop, but with overdrive guitars.

They're like the Beatles or the Mozart of metal. There's nothing outright nonmetal about them at least early on and in fact were influential for the genre as a whole. Metal imo is most properly sectioned into prethrash and postthrash. Initially, metallica was considered too punk to be metal. So for some people they are genre defining, yet at the same time perhaps because of this, they are considered too mainstream, not pushing boundaries, going with the flow, predictable, not experimental

I think both sides are right. Whether it's the lyrics, the music, or the guitar solos, they're good, but a good bit routine.

They also existed at a time when bands were a bit mysterious and earned reputations. Their 'selling out' was one of the most notorious in history and their Napster suits and emo docs didn't help. Now they're considered dad rock as is pretty much everything pre 2010.

But yeah their early stuff was 'real metal' if you will

Metallica is a great band and mostly "trve metalheads" call it trash, their last awesome album was the black album tho.
But I have to say Judas Priest is a better band and this album is fucking perfect, every track is pure love.

They were cool when cliff was alive. After that they got reel bad. Listen to powertrip's manifest decimation. Heavy shit bruh

Everything up till black album was art that made other artists want to create. Once they sold out then they became steaming piles of bitch. With that said, they definitely were metal but now they're butt metal status.

The answer is in the name, metallic basically means looks/feels like metal. Metal is metallic, but other things are metallic as well. Metallica is metal, but Metallica is other things as well

judging by the fact your got trips and the average normie thinks skillet is metal... yes Metallica is metal

Metallica is hard rock, its not metal.

im gonna listen to some children of bodom and cheer myself up now. shitty thread

Dunno but I remember hearing that this band spearheaded the movement that basically killed napster and the eventual ruin of all of the good p2p file sharing programs. More interested in how true that is

1995 called...they want their thread back.

>children of bodom
shit band my man

true, I was sued by metallica in the napster years. got a hilarious note in the mail..sent them back proof that I owned the cd's anyway, and they dropped it. fucking idiots.

The black album was an overblown shitty commercial rock album pretending to be metal. It was all downhill into easy listening dadrock from there.

I think Metallica's problem is they have a substandard drummer, hes not very good, if they had a better drummer that could handle metal material better, but they are all getting older, so the "dadrock" scene probably suits them well at this point.

so if you say you are something, we gotta be naive enough to take your word for it?
lolol, you are the type of idiot commercials makers love.