As a Christian I often make threads here

As a Christian I often make threads here.

The purpose of these threads is not to insult atheists, but instead to educate folks on things that are actually in the Bible rather than to support foolish traditions that are simply untrue. For example
Adam and Eve were not the first humans ever.
The idea of Rapture is an unbiblical lie or deception.

So stop on in and feel free to ask me anything.

Looks like a slow night.

Well I will bump a couple times before I decide to go to bed.

Bump

Last bump g'night Sup Forums

Yo you still there.

Why is there evil in the world?

OP is dead

Just like god

/thread

Yep. Sorry was off reading an article elsewhere.

Because the hearts and imaginations of men are evil. And the devil enjoys deceiving us.

A better question might be - why God permits it?

Nope just got distracted.

Stop it.

Well why Does god permit it?

Grow up.

Also, why our are hearts and imaginations evil if we are created in gods image? And why did God create us allowing evil into our hearts and imaginations?

Aw he left again. Guess he couldn't answer.

As I said better question.
Not sure I can really answer it.

I will try though.

See we are here as a lesson.
A lesson that is a basic as to be born, to then live, and to die.

But why would God put us here?

There was a rebellion and a war in Heaven

The devil wanted to be in charge and deceived one third of Heaven in to following him.

Another third could not choose sides.

The remaining third while loyal to God? Demanded the deaths of the other two.

God did not want to do this.
So instead he cleared all the living things off of the Earth and seeded mankind all about it.

We are the Angels of God made flesh.

We did not begin the day we were born but instead are far older beings.

God himself promised to do this thing to be born as a Man. He even promised what blood line he would be born of.

Sadly only one being refuses to do this test (The Devil) You are doing it. God already did it (Perhaps more than once?). But either way every soul on Heaven is commanded to be born to live and to die. Gods hope is that by suffering pain and death? We will learn mercy humility and obedience to God.

Again that has to do with the devil and the War I mentioned above. Well and also to the fact that we all "hear" a spirit. Either holy or unholy and sometimes both (Id, Ego, Super Ego.). Pic related.

Right but if he's an omnipotent god why can't he banish evil altogether? Why was this "rebellion" not just instantly done away with by God, if he's really all powerful it shouldn't have been an issue.

No I just have threads going else where too.
Give me a couple minutes to reply.

I will announce it if I plan to leave prior to thread 404..

OP I was raised Christian and I don't remember any passages detailing humans before Adam and Eve. Are you some kind of lesser known sect?

Well I suspect that if he had just destroyed Lucifer he would have angered two thirds of Heaven. A war was already happening we were killing one another. (As Angels) So God is doing this to try and save as many of us as he can. He does not want to lose even one of us. So this flesh life and the temporary death are probably better in his opinion.

He does not want robots he wants loyal loving children.

If he was all powerful he could have just converted Lucifer and his followers by sheer force of will. It could be done in an instant. And if man in inherently evil, why make it worse by inflicting further punishments on earth (disease, disasters, etc.)

No sect brother I do not claim to be any particular denomination though. I was ordained as a Pastor of the Universal Life Church when I was much younger but they became a tax shelter and so I left. Today I am just a work a day joe who studies the bible and trys to explain the story better then most are willing to.

As to other people take a look at when Cain was banished for killing Abel in Genesis 4 Around verse six or so if I recall?
God banishes him to the Land of the People of Nod - where Cain then takes a wife.. Oh so other people?

I don't think God does that kind of thing.

Having an ability and using it are definitely not the same. I don't know what God is capable of and I am not willing to limit him or over explain him.

Some men are outright evil and serve evil.
Others are just ignorant and hungry.

Both may kill you for a loaf of bread.

That was kind of a doge there, man. And as to God wanting to "save" us, why does he condemn so many of us to hell? If this is all a test to redeem our souls, it's an unfair one. Some are born with much better lives here on earth. Some are born not knowing Christianity. Why condemn so many to hell when they never had a chance?

>why are you questioning god's motives

>everything you interact with on this plane will be and could be peeled away from your senses

I can't question gods motives? Why not, his motives seem to make no sense. Again, I'm created in gods image, I was created to be thinking and rational, right?

Everyone's "God" is everything we see. There are what 3000 gods. Who are any of us to say anyone else is wrong or going to "hell". Come on I believe in " God " but so does everyone else in their own way. Be it existence of a mgical being in the sky or the very existence of matter

The existence of matter isn't a belief in God, no. I don't assign any spiritual meaning to anything.

We don't know who God condemns to hell or why.
Most of the time men who tell you they know, don't. I am not one who believes a person not having heard of Christ goes directly to hell.

If a person finds the truth?
Then they follow it.

Don't listen to idiots behind pulpits or men in funny hats.

God does not say he is going to send you to hell for eating lobster. He says "It does not offend me that which goes in a mans mouth but that which comes out".

So you do not go to hell because you eat something that is not Halal or Kosher.

But instead because of what you do or say.

When asked for the LAW Christ replied, "Hear me O Israel, The Lord God is the one true God.You shall love him with all your heart all your mind and all your soul. Treat all men as brothers do unto them as you would have them do unto you."

So the bar can be very high or very low.

What you expect of others is what God expects of you. He is not going to measure you by what the Pope says. He is going to measure you by what YOU say and DO. Your heart, not my rules.

Ok, but what men say and do is still shaped by the world around them, is it not? Someone born in a crime-ridden slum is very likely to grow up and do bad things, earning them a spot in hell. But they didn't choose the circumstances of their birth. Myself, for example, I was born in a good part of the world to a family with money, so I was pretty likely to grow up to be a good person. So again: if this is all a test to redeem our souls why is there such an uneven playing field?

Good for you user. Got my point and didn't even mean to.

I didn't get it actually.

That post was not mine (OP)

There is nothing at all wrong with seeking truth or motives.

But some "Xtians" are ignorant and think they can tell others what to think and how to live.

These are people who rarely try to understand the messages in Torah Bible or Koran and instead try to lord it over others for profit rather than to listen to the Prophets.

Thanks for clarifying

I've read the bible, and really like the NT, the part about Jesus and what he preaches and what he stands for in my interpretation. Other parts of the bible, I like less. I had some hyper religious experiences in my life, and would probably call myself a christian, wouldn't I perceive it as such an exclusive club, sorta speak. For an all loving god to exclude people who were born into different religions in different parts of the world, just doesn't make much sense to me, and condemn them to hell because of it. Also to condemn them to hell because they were born gay? fuck that shit.
So I guess, instead of believing strictly in the bible, I choose to believe in universal values like love and justice, and hold those up as good as I possibly can in my life. I think that is what Jesus would have wanted anyways.

What do you think of someone with views like me? Does God send me to hell for that too in your view? How fundie are you OP?

I can't believe you came to Sup Forums to tell us about your bible fan fiction

I don't actually think that's what Jesus would have wanted. He never really takes back the rather strict laws laid downed the Old Testament.

Why would growing up in a slum necessitate condemnation to hell? I again think you are listening to a lot of nonsense.

What Christ said when he himself was called "Good Rabbi" by a sycophant who was trying to flatter him?

"Who are YOU calling good? There is no one good EXCEPT the FATHER in Heaven. No not one...."

Keep that in mind brother, if you think where you were born or haivng money makes you good? You may need to reexamine yourself quite a lot. As I said I was a Pastor and I do not see myself as Good. You see at one time I taught traditions.

I taught Baptism and Rapture. I may have inadvertently lead some of my Brothers straight to hell.

I pray that is not so every single day.

It's old-school Catholic dogma, not fan fiction

You're misunderstanding me. A person is judged based on their actions, yes? A,person raised in a bad situation is more likely to do bad things. Growing up in crime and poverty tends to create bad people. Growing up with an easy life, it's easier to be a good person. So, people on this earth aren't being judged fairly, as some have advantages in their upbringing that can affect the sort of person they become.

Also, isn't hell an inherently cruel concept? How can a loving God condemn anyone to hell?

I know that, but on the other hand he's also very keen on forgiveness and kindness and all that good stuff. I don't know, I said it's my interpretation of it, that the NT trumps the strict laws of the OT, but I didn't study theology or anything like that, but it just seems to me that the love of Jesus overcomes the strict old laws of the old testament.

Kek'd
Yea that wasn't obvious
>muh rational brain. So um guy with all the basic if he's not all powerful than is he all benevolent type questions...

Read the bible and meditate on clarity. Jesus is the way to the father, he is the light, he is the truth.

I've read the entire bible. Wasn't impressed. Lots of conflicting information, some rather immoral stories and laws. Job and Exodus I found horrifying.

I am fairly fundie..

I believe a lot of the Bible quite literally.

As I often put it I teach the Law, I struggle to follow the Law, I never dare to enforce the Law.

As to if you would go to hell that is ALWAYS between you and God. Men can deceive you and then it is their fault for deceiving you.

The devil can deceive you and then it is his fault.

The worst is when we deceive ourselves.

Making statements like "God does NOT exist".
Rather than saying "I am unsure if God exists?"

We often fool ourselves in to thinking we have proof when we do not. Or that we are experts when we are not.

As long as you are seeking the truth and love?

Odds are God is not going to condemn you to hell.

I didn't say just matter, I said "or" and no. There is no "spiritual" meaning.

I just don't see how anyone can reconcile the God of the Old Testament with the God of the New Testament. They're so different it's pretty much two different gods from two different religions.

>Why does God permit evil
It's permitted because we were given free will.

>Another third could not choose sides
This is never stated in the Bible.

>The remaining third while loyal to God? Demanded the deaths of the other two

>We are the Angels of God made flesh

OP claims to be a Christian, but is clearly lying.

>A better question might be - why God permits it?
Because God is the God of both good AND evil.
Isaia 45:7
Amos 3:6
Makes it crystal clear - no room for interpretation or misunderstanding. God is the God of both good and evil.

And it's pretty obvious too, from a logic standpoint.
Is God stupid? nope
Is God all knowing? sure.
So if God is all knowing, then God knew what Lucifer would do before God created Lucifer. Right? If God created Lucifer without knowing what he would do, then God would not be all knowing, would He? So God knew what Lucifer would do before He created him. Which means, God had it all planned out beforehand.

Further evidence:
Look at the very beginning of the book of Job. Where is Lucifer? Not just back in heaven, but in the very throne room of God. But wait... wasn't Lucifer cast out of heaven? Long before this.... so how is he back in heaven? How is he not being attacked by the heavenly hosts?
Now look at his conversation with God. Do they sound like hated enemies? They greet each other like master and servant.

Do you think Lucifer stupid? I hope not.
So why would Lucifer rebel in the first place? He's not stupid. He knows how such a rebellion would end - he had to know. Unless.... he knew that was his job. It was what he was created to do. This explains the lack of animosity in the book of Job. Lucifer was serving God even by leading the rebellion. And all the angels cast from heaven were also serving God by doing what they were created to do. God is all knowing, and knew what each angel would do before He created each angel.
Which means Good is the God of all - angels, AND demons. Good AND evil.

Can a house divided stand?
The Bible says no. So why would you think heaven is divided? It's not.
Which brings us to another, possibly even more important, conclusion. It's all a charade - a kabuki dance - a playlet for our benefit. The whole good vs. evil, God vs. devil, the war, it's all staged.
cont?

Everyone one believes in "god" in a sense.

Ok, but why is there so much suffering that has nothing to do with free will. Disease and disaster have nothing to dowith free will, yet God inflicted many horrors on us.

I really don't

I have been making threads on Sup Forums for a hell of a long time. Where have YOU been? I am very cress son...

He confirms them in fact, but please make sure you mention to folks you are NOT OP when you reply to questions. We don't have ID's in threads anymore and it can be confusing.

Thanks.

I'm not sure about any of that...it seems like you're dodging the question. Also, I believe hell is an inherently immoral concept, is it not?

I think my "c"arma may run over your dogma.

I am most certainly NOT catholic nor do I teach much that they do.

I'm not catholic, but I'm pretty sure that's the origin of those beliefs.

god has killed millions of people (many innocent people) and the devil has killed like... 2? lol why don't you all worship satan instead?
also creating a magical god as explanation for our existence only makes sense until you try to explain that god's existence
also also why believe in a god with no proof? wouldn't you rather be right than be blind? the existence of everything makes perfect sense without belief of the supernatural so why include it? because you're scared of death probably

Explain Noah's ark? Anyone with half a brain knows it's not true. And if it's not true why should we believe anything else?

>Disease
I think you're confusing the terminology used. Disease is not evil, it's an affliction. Nearly all modern day disease is man-made.

>Disaster
Surely you're not implying that earthquakes and tornadoes are a form of evil.

Nope a person raised in a Ghetto is not any more likely to do bad thing then one raised in Bel Air.

You are fooling yourself into thinking that you know good and evil, right and wrong.

I suspect you do not.

Do you think that it is a greater sin to smoke a joint or to have sex with a girl on prom night?

I don't either

Alright, evil was the wrong word. Suffering then, why is there suffering.

>God inflicted many horrors on us
Could you elaborate on these 'horrors' you claim that God has inflected upon "us".

Also modern disease isn't man made where on earth did you get that idea? Other than a few weapons zen strains, diseases are natural.

Your doctorine is my question. Pre trib or post trib rapture? Is it once saved always saved?

>smoke a joint or have sex with a girl on prom night
wait you're saying that one of these is a bad thing?

Cancer, viruses, various genetic conditions earthquakes, hurricanes, wildfires...

I didn't either. Took me twenty years. I don't beleive in God as a being. I beleive in... I don't know... mother nature. Existance. just use the word god to describe what I beleive. every other religion uses the word god for the "thing " they beleive.. keeps me from these conversations as to I'm wrong and your right

Statistically you're very very very wrong. They are called ghettoes for a reason.

Neither of those "sins" are bad things really. And I do believe that different role, based on circumstances of birth, are given different chances with life.

Church

I don't think you need to "believe" in anything. I certainly don't and it's just fine.

I meant "people" not "role" sorry

>Cancer, viruses, various genetic conditions
Are you saying God is to blame for the mistakes of men? Do you understand what cancer is? Do you realize how genetic conditions are passed along?

>earthquakes, hurricanes, wildfires
You're under the assumption that God is the one afflicting you with these rather than naturally occurring events taking place.

So because some closet pedo told you something you believe it?

Cancer is naturally occurring. God must have created it, no? Same with viruses. And God created genetics so he is responsible for the various negative mutations and conditions that arise from that.

>'Which means Good is the God of all'
Nice Typo. You're post got me tripping bruh. Good vibes /

Also, God created the world. If natural disasters occur, it's because God allowed the conditions to arise. You can't say he made everything and is all powerful, but say he's innocent when these things happen on his watch. Does he wash his hands of all that?

How is genetics mans fault? That's gods bad design. And genetics is science and science proves most of the Bible wrong. You can't have it both ways.

asking for prayer to get laid, have a better life, a job, support, the strength to let go of things i cling on to, for motivation, inner strength, self love and for friends. Why does god hate me? or at least, why does he make me feel like i was born estranged from normal? why give me depression, anxiety, self hate, bad genes, terrible looks, and a fucked up head that spirals me downward the more i think about it? i feel like a dying old dog that wants to put itself to rest for good,.

You may want to get a hold of Torah.

It is the Books that the OT is based on and badly translated from.

You do understand that initially God was trying to work with the Hebrew people and that when they rejected him he opened up the promise to every one?

Don't call someone a liar unless you have studied and understand that there is far more to the Covenant of Abraham (Hebrews) and the People of Ishmael (Islam) then you actually know about.

I happen to follow the teachings of Christ and consider myself to be a student of Christ.

I do not follow the Pope or Paul nor traditions of organized religion or of Benny Hinn or Joel Osteen. What you know is what God called "the teachings and traditions of man that make void the word of God".

I do work from the Bible for the most part and it is good enough for salvation. But it is most certainly NOT the entirety of Gods word to mankind. If you get a red letter Bible and take from it ONLY the Words of God and Christ you will have enough to be saved and to behave but NOT enough for understanding who we are and why we are here.

Oh and you want to find a book called "The book of the Wars of the Lord"... But you may have to rob a Jew to get it?

cont.
If it was all staged, why? Why create this dichotomy in the first place?

Think of it this way. If you were all knowing. And you have a lump of rock. You know there is silver in the rock. You know there is lead in the rock. You know that silver melts at 1234.93 K (961.78 °C, 1763.2 °F). You know lead melts at 600.61 K (327.46 °C, 621.43 °F). But knowing all this does not separate the lead from the silver.
You have to apply the heat.
Even knowing which part is silver and which part is lead does not do you any good. You still need to apply the heat. That is the purpose of good vs. evil. What we do in the face of ever greater evil defines us as good or evil. Or, more aptly, whether we are good or evil (lead or silver) determines what we do in the face of ever greater evil.
So why not separate the two without heat? Isn't God all powerful? Power isn't like that, even infinite power has limitations. Having an unlimited supply of natural gas does not mean you can separate the lead from the silver without heat.
I'm sure God has alternatives, just as we have alternatives. We can use acid to separate lead from silver - and other noxious chemicals. But one could argue that such alternate processes are even more torturous than simply applying heat. Perhaps God simply chose the least torturous method available.

Of course, all metaphors break down at some point. So there is no point nitpicking the details. It was just a method of aid in understanding.

There is no proof of a higher bing. None. Religion is definately killing many on a daily basis. It's also causing a divide even among family .. daily.

Why was he only trying to work with the Hebrew people? If we're all gods children why wasn't he trying to help us all right from the start? And why did Christ only ever appear in one small region of the world?

Hey it's better than those atheist threads

Did you have a question with all that cut and paste? Can you tell who was speaking in each of those verses to whom and why? (it is very important to understand those three things at all times when reading and trying to understand the Bible.

this higher bing made you pretty stupid, imo

Pffft Jews. 6 million of them die, they receive a tiny sliver of land. Yet claim to be the chosen people. Their word means less than a Christian. Ie nothing.

I am a computer simulation.

Most serial killers are atheists.The ''religion'' that is killing today are Muslims, not us.Atheists families are worst, lower birth rate more abortion and divorce.

why do people keep insisting that the catholic church is christian, when it's an satanistic cult & the whore of babylon?

You have some evidence to back up that claim about serial killers?

if we're all god's children how is jesus christ his only son????

Please restate your question? And remember we have another user in the thread who is answering questions and making it very difficult to know who is who.

Yes because they are the majority. And don't continue to do things they aren't happy with because of a fake god.

I'm more interested in the hell question. Isn't condemning people to hell for all eternity immoral?

K. Think we may be in the same page.

Yeah more or less.

Nope the origin of those beliefs is actually from a nondenominational Church and Pastor (Now deceased) In Arkansas...

You still haven't answered my question about Noah's ark? To hard for you?

Right but he was borrowing heavily from Catholic doctrine...

nothing is wrong with lower birthrates, considering mankind isn't exactly an endangered species, and I suspect the higher divorce rates are because these people aren't scared of divorce being a sin, so instead of living miserably they just get their divorce