Why don’t anyone use seatbelts in space...

Why don’t anyone use seatbelts in space , only swing an tie fighters use them an their most likely die in the event of a crash anyway , but. An normal spaceships I think they should be belted , how many accidents do we see which could be prevented buy this 19th century invention

With artificial gravity seat belts shouldn't be necessary

Find out how they can accelerate to incredible speeds without being smashed against a wall and die.
The same tech that works for acceleration probably also works for deceleration.

The only hole in this is why the ship shakes when they get hit by enemy fire (even when shields are up, and the weapons aren't based on kinetic energy).

Because they are in a fucking spaceship did you ever see a large ship with seatbelts ?

They have inertial dampeners, which never seem to work. Also why has such an advanced race never heard of fuses? Might help with all those exploding consoles.

*starship

But I’v seen the crash an everyone falls out their seats , I’m sure just a simple harness would save them
Real space ships , rockets use seatbelts

Yes fuses , save people blowing up when the console blows

Heh heh, Spaceballs when they go to ludicrous speed

Came here to post this
>have inertial dampeners
>constantly thrown from your chairs anyway

For when light speeds too slow ...
“what’s the matter kernel sanders , chicken “

Ehh buckle this!

Because that way the cast can flail around to make it look more dramatic

Fun fact: ludicrous speed = 1,300,000,000C C = speed of light so the ship goes 1,300,000,000 times the speed of light.

"inertial dampers"
The same space magic that has all the Aliens speaking English.

The problem here isn't the technology, but the writing and filmmaking.
If their tech would work as described, you wouldn't get any visual notification during battle whether the ship was hit or not, not from inside the bridge.
That's why their tech works only when plot demands.

Universal translators, they exist already that’s why I can order a meal from a chinees person an they understand

Americans would not watch it otherwise.

I enjoyed the new Star Trek Discovery where the Clingon spoke in there own language an it was subtitled for a while
But why call it STD .. bad bad bad but funny

They do.

Because of inertial dampeners

>But why call it STD .. bad bad bad but funny
FYI retard, it's called STI now.

>FYI retard, it's called STI now.
No it isn’t

itis

>itis
put some tussin on it

>I think they should be belted
I think you should be belted, in the mouth.

Came here to post this.
>"It's about time"

Itisnt ... Ilikethisnewwayoftypinhwithnospaces
Fuckingretard

I’v belted your mum in the mouth with a space dick