Mexicans and Spicy Food

Hey, do Mexicans actually enjoy incredibly spicy food or is it just a meme?

In America, Mexicans seem to pride themselves in their tolerance for spice, but I'm wondering if they innately tolerate spicy food (capsaicin), or if they're just being assholes.

Thank you.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_Reaper
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pretty sure people generally like their own native plants

Do you like acorns and poison ivy?

watch it brappy

chicanos

I really like spicy food but it's caught up to me and I have to much I get really bad heart burn

Spice degrades taste buds until its the only flavour you can taste properly. If you eat substantially spicy foods frequently for years you'll get to that point too.

You calling us chicanos, or are you saing that only chicanos like spicy food?

Is this actually true or just a meme fact? Capsaicin doesn't actually do any physical harm to you, it just gives the sensation of it.

Mexicans can handle the chilli
Habs are hot as fuck the way they eat them.

Since I stopped drinking/smoking my tolerance has gone way down. I can still handle extremely hot food but don't need the levels of spice I used to.

Seems to be true

Its true but as with smoking and various health issues affecting taste buds it is reversible

We have been eating chiles for thousands of years, it's delicious for us.

>Hey, do Mexicans actually enjoy incredibly spicy food or is it just a meme?
everything is spicy in here, chips are spicy, beer is spicy, food is spicy, nuts are spicy, candies are spicy, even chewing gum is spicy,
Pic rel, is my personal repertory of salsas and chillis and the thing in the far right is homemade curtido (habanero pepper, lime juice and onion)

They'd probably get sick from eating normal food

Most of the people do. I personally hate spicy food.

>curtido
recipe?

>be born a Mexican that hates spicy food
you must've been a colossal dick in your past life

>cut 4-6 habanero peppers into thin layers
>squeeze enough lime in order to make 200ml of juice
>either buy a big red onion or some green onion and cut it in small layers just like the peppers
>you can add sliced carrots for extra flavor.
>put all that into a mason jar or an used mayonnaise cristal jar
>let it rest for 2 days and dig in
You can let it in the counter for as long as you want as long as it doesn't get moldy, it doesn't need refrigeration and half a teaspoon of the juice is enough to spice an entire bowl of soup.

I will try this with some scotch bonnets.
Difficult to get Habs here I think.
>red onion or some green onion
Not white onion? Too strong?
>let it rest for 2 days and dig in
Needs to ferment slightly? Is this at room temp?

I can't eat without any homemade salsa and even then I refuse to eat any crap that isn't natural like Tabasco or any other crap.

I also eat chiles serranos or piquines once in a while.

Sounds like you just let it sit on the counter like when you pickle eggs

We even drink spicy beer

>Not white onion? Too strong?
white onion just tastes like onion, red and green have more interesting flavors in my perspective, but yeah why not white.
>Needs to ferment slightly? Is this at room temp?
I don't know if it's exactly fermenting, since all form of bacteria dies with the acidity of the mix. it just "curte", meaning that the flavors get mixed and stronger, you know is good curtido if your eyes start watering once you open the jar, just let it at room temp.

There's no point on eating spicy stuff only because it is spicy, I'd throw up if someone told me to chew an habanero, but I'd gladly eat a whole jar of habanero curtido without a problem.

This negrito

Your salsa game is fucking weak, nothing above 50k scoville lmao, you can at least get some yucateco faggot

>50k scoville
only cringy gringos give a shit about that kinda shit, we eat spicy shit because we like it not because we want to win a competence.

Alright man I got it. So the lime juice just covering whatevers in there effectively.

>50k scoville
I like the flavour of naga etc but it's excessive for everyday eating.

>incredibly spicy food
That's not the point of spicy food, you burgers don't get it and you keep doing shit like this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_Reaper
Spicy food doesn't mean you make your food inedible, it's just a flavor to accompany all the other flavors.

So you admit a gringo can stomp you?

At being a pleb

You don't have to rub it in