YOU KNOW IT'S FUCKING TRUE LMAOOO

YOU KNOW IT'S FUCKING TRUE LMAOOO

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_gender
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>THERE'S ARE ONLY TWO!
Oh boy. Please just stop. It hurts my eyes to watch you post something with such a glaringly obvious error. You're better than this.

Take pride in your memes people. Don't be like OP.

TRIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGERED

18+ website, OP

I don't even disagree with the meme. It's just depressing to see something with a mistake that obvious made into an unironic meme.

What strikes me as ironic is how liberals who posture as defenders of science when it comes to global warming (a sentimental myth unsupported by evidence) flee all reference to biology when it comes to gender.

So, a faggot, a Jew, and a nigger lover walk into a bar. The bartender goes "what can I get for you, Milo?"

eat a dick

I wonder if you can ever learn that Sex and Gender are different things. Guess they are right when they say you can't fix stupid.

>Sex=male/female
>Gender=masculine/feminine

Still 2 genders.

Still a faggot.

>>Gender=masculine/feminine
Sorry, wrong. There has been more than 2 since the BC era.

who cares faggot stop projecting your sexual insecurity

No sex and gender are interchangeable. Check a dictionary. What you are thinking of is "gender-identity", the meaning of which people have been trying to use to replace the definition of "gender"

List them for us, grand historian. Enlighten everyone

In many languages, there are three genders. The OP's post didn't specify biological vs. linguistic genders. Therefore, OP is wrong and fails.

sex and gender are different which is why there are hermaphrodites

explaining these simple concepts to chucklefuck faggots is getting real tedious

It's like you faggots think you've invented a new science but really it's just some bullshit that someone dealt with three thousand years ago

lil donnie twoscoops

bet he loves chocolate fudge

Well for one, there's 'neuter'. Which was common enough a gender that gendered pronouns were made for it in several languages, as well as neuter gendered words (just like feminine and masculine words) in several languages that use that (non-english).

''science'' as in 9 out of 10 dentist level

Again, you are thinking of "gender-identity". That's not the same as gender - which, itself, is the same as sex.

Their argument is that sex is biologically defined where as gender is more about the expectation of society. So if you are biologically female you could still fill a male gender role by doing male things.

We all know you're OP samefagging to draw attention to how shitty a meme that is. And we all know that you posted that meme because you're trying to make Milo supporters seem like idiots.

Then again, this is Sup Forums so you'll probably find plenty of morons stupid enough to fall for it.

In Mesopotamian mythology, among the earliest written records of humanity, there are references to types of people who are not men and not women. In a Sumerian creation myth found on a stone tablet from the second millennium BC, the goddess Ninmah fashions a being "with no male organ and no female organ", for whom Enki finds a position in society: "to stand before the king". In the Akkadian myth of Atra-Hasis (ca. 1700 BC), Enki instructs Nintu, the goddess of birth, to establish a “third category among the people” in addition to men and women, that includes demons who steal infants, women who are unable to give birth, and priestesses who are prohibited from bearing children

OK... so the community who defines gender as different from sex has defined it as so. They clearly state to you what they mean when they say 'gender'.

All you've done is change that word to be the compound 'gender-identity'.

So yes... when they say gender, they mean gender-identity as you say it.

To argue this point any further is only a pedantic semantics argument. Get over it, and move on to the girth of what they're actually trying to say.

Just because you don't like the word chosen... that's on you.

Cause see, the argument could be made... WHY THE FUCK HAVE TWO WORDS FOR THE SAME THING!?

This is why half a century ago the word gender was moved to mean "social norms" as opposed to sex.

Keep in mind, it's not like this change is the change of a word with a long standing history of meaning sex. It doesn't at all.

Gender was adopted to mean 'sex' around the turn of the 20th century as a replacement for sex. Because sex was thought to be too 'dirty' of a word... it was to appease the sensibilities of religious fuck wits.

So the reassigning of the word only a few decades later isn't smacking in the face of some long standing English standard.

No... sex means biological, gender is a euphamism. So science took said euphamism and applied it to a new scientific understanding of social norms.

Low quality bait.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_gender if you are interested. But in some ways I agree with you. A man in lipstick beating women at weightlifting is as funny to me as that white lady who pretended to be black.

Bill Nye doesn't claim to be a scientist. He claims to be an engineer, which he is.

He's not "Bill Nye the Scientist Guy"... he's "Bill Nye the Science Guy". And engineers DO work in the realm of 'science'.

I'm the first quote. What does this mythological story have to do with "gender" and "gender-identity" being different and "gender" and "sex" being the same?

Someone loves Bill Nye the faggot guy.

>taking a completely ironic meme serious
>TRIGGERED XD
>people debating over this shit

the state of Sup Forums

not being cynical you guys are just fucking wild

>The distinction between sex and gender differentiates sex (the anatomy of an individual's reproductive system, and secondary sex characteristics) from gender, which can refer to either social roles based on the sex of the person (gender role) or personal identification of one's own gender based on an internal awareness (gender identity)
Sorry bout that.

Language is defined by usage. Some people use gender to mean what you use gender identity to mean. Dictionaries are descriptive not prescriptive. I won't ask you to change your language.

Furthermore:
A working definition in use by the World Health Organization for its work is that "'[g]ender' refers to the socially constructed roles, behaviours, activities, and attributes that a given society considers appropriate for men and women" and that "'masculine' and 'feminine' are gender categories." The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) used to use gender instead of sex when referring to physiological differences between male and female organisms. In 2011, they reversed their position on this and began using sex as the biological classification and gender as "a person's self representation as male or female, or how that person is responded to by social institutions based on the individual's gender presentation."

Actually... not really.

I don't have to like someone to defend them on such a simplistic level.

I especially found his latest tv series, a nostalgia riddled rehash full of SJW bullshit, to be total and complete crap.

Note... I'm not a fan of the SJW "you need to respect that I'm gender fluid upside herpekin". Fuck you, I don't have to respect shit.

But I also don't have to respect the opposite sides bullshit "lalalalala, I can't hear you, my fingers are in my ear... lalalalala... if you don't apply to my ideas of the status quo I hate you."

They're both fucking idiots.

I'm of the opinion the concept of gender, and the norms that go with them (as opposed to sex, so using gender in the form that it means within the social sciences) are total bullshit. And instead should be completely stripped away. Fuck gender, all it is is mommies and daddies telling their kids what they're "supposed" to do because of the genitals they happened to have.

That's just fucking stupid.

In my house girl or boy, you washed the dishes and cleaned the house AS WELL as worked in the field (farm). One of my sisters pitched a fit (step sister) that she's a girl that shouldn't have to work outside. My father was having none of it, but due to circumstances regarding her cunt of a mother, my father comprimised by saying:

"Fine, you want to be a 'lady'... then you're stuck inside doing EVERYONES laundry. You want to pull this bullshit, fuck you, then be a fucking lady!"

And that's my stance on gender. Fuck you and your stupid fucking ideas. I'm over here getting work done.

>They're both fucking idiots.

Neuter as a linguistic gender was originally used for inanimate objects, and male and female pronouns originally referred only to things that could be male or female (like people and animals).

As opposed to the clusterfuck developed by a lot of the modern descendants of languages with grammatical gender, where the word for girl is neuter and the word for furniture is female, for example.

Neuter pronouns definitely did not not exist for the purpose of referring to humans that were neither male nor female. Your incredibly shallow, self-serving understanding of a whole branch of science (linguistics) disgusts me. Take your fucking pseudo-science elsewhere.

I wouldn't call myself a centrist either.

Because that implies there are only 2 sides, and that I fall in between.

Fuck that bullshit.

>Neuter as a linguistic gender was originally used for inanimate object

Yes... so a lapiz is NOT an inanimate object?

Holy fucking shit... I've been writing with a lady this entire time!

>Neuter pronouns definitely did not not exist for the purpose of referring to humans that were neither male nor female
>Inscribed pottery shards from the Middle Kingdom of Egypt (2000–1800 BCE), found near ancient Thebes (now Luxor, Egypt), list three human genders: tai (male), sḫt ("sekhet") and hmt (female). Sḫt is often translated as "eunuch"

Just new forms of faggitry every day.

You also leave out the fact that neuter pronouns were often reserved for things like... oh maybe... eunuchs.

You know... humans who've been neutered.

Hence the word 'neuter'.

You fucking moron.

Eunuchs were like SUPER common back in the day.

top Kek, well played user

Good argument there numb nuts.

You're a mongoloid.

Furthermore, the WHO r a bunch of useless makework fagtards. Just sayin'.

Damn, how'd you know I was from Mongolia???????

>anyone that disagrees with me is a fagtard.

Do you honestly not understand the difference between having a word for 'eunuch' and having an entire class of nouns based around the concept of a third gender? Or do you just not really understand what grammatical gender is.

Ancient Egyptian, by the way, did not have neuter pronouns, only masculine, feminine and plural.

>Eunuchs were like SUPER common back in the day.
firstly, they were never super-common even in places like Phrygia which had the Cybelene mother cult, secondly, they were almost unheard of in a lot of the ancient world. And thirdly and most importantly, 'neuter' the grammatical case isn't called that because it referred to people who were neutered.

They was no evidence of the people being called "eunuch" were castrated, it also included females that could not bear children. You keep trying to change the fact that all of it is clearly documented in history. I don't give a fuck about the pronouns, the faggot kids trying to rebel against societal norms, or any of that shit. The part that get's me is that you are either retarded or "just acting retarded" and they are both just stupid as fuck.

You were the one who claimed (or tried to defend the claim) that neuter as a grammatical gender exists because of 'eunuchs' or whatever you want to call them.

>The part that get's me is that you are either retarded or "just acting retarded" and they are both just stupid as fuck.
You act like someone who was given a really shallow overview of history in their gen ed class at college, thought that repeating all that crap made you smart, and is now throwing a fit and calling everyone retarded because people who actually know something about history have taken you off script and you don't know how to deal with it.

Gender is not biological idiot. It's a social construct

>It's a social construct
now there's a phrase that has long ago ceased to have any real meaning.

according to who? Sup Forumstards?

neckbeards that can't get laid, even with thousands of genders out there.

are you going to try and tell me that 'it's a social construct' isn't just a phrase people use when they don't like an inconvenient fact and want to make it seem less like a fact and more like an opinion?

It isn't. It's a central principle in postmodern thought and philosophy. I know you don't read, but you can't pick up the work of any thinker post 1950 who isn't somehow influenced by this concept.

>postmodern thought
An oxymoron if ever there was one. Postmodernism is the art of coming up with ever more complex explanations to disguise the fact that postmodernists don't have any actual ideas.

>you can't pick up the work of any thinker post 1950 who isn't somehow influenced by this concept.
There's a reason names like Socrates, Descartes and to a certain extend Nietsche are familiar to anyone with even a little education, whereas Derrida and Baudrillard are only known by philosophy students. European/western philosophy after WW2 is a complete cesspit.

why are you following this fag?

I thought we hated fags

MAKE PHILOSOPHY GREAT AGAIN

also i responded to your response with sarcasm and not an actual argument because your response does not have an argument aside from: "I don't like that school of thinking."

>leftits
>there's are only two
>u
>epic style
Jesus Christ, I had better grammar when I was ten.

Your argument was 'well if postmodernist philosophers use it it must be a valid concept'. An argument from authority like that doesn't need any counter-argument more complex than 'those guys are idiots'.

>epic style

That's what I say every time I nut.

My argument was: "No, social construction is not just a go-to for people who are out of ideas, it is actually a robust class of ideas that continue dominating the world of intellectual thought for decades"