Which would make you more patrician: listening to Scaruffi's top 100 albums or listening to RYM's top 100 albums?

Which would make you more patrician: listening to Scaruffi's top 100 albums or listening to RYM's top 100 albums?

(strawpoll.me/13740935)

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/lists/Scarufficore/143437
rateyourmusic.com/collection/theneedledrop/r5.0
robertchristgau.com/get_gl.php?g=A+
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>RYM
Overrated dadrock and indie
>Scaruffi
Overrated dadrock with some circus core

listening to melon's top 100 albums tbqh

scaruffi by a mile. not that his taste is that good, but the RYM charts are really bad and keep getting worse and worse

neither because patrician is a meme, it has no real merit.

don't even like scaruffi but probably him, just because his top 100 is 1 man's opinion, whereas rym is like a feedback loop echochamber where the same albums get talked about over and over so you get memes like OK Computer being the best album ever

You'd have more fun listening to the RYM top 100

Scaruffi's top 100 is trash but his 8.0+ albums are all worth the attention.

discogs.com/lists/Scarufficore/143437

that's the same thing senpai

this

Scaruffi and it's not even close

Neither.

That would be the epitome of pleb, droning anyone.

t. killedincars drone

t. nighop consumer

RYM's Top 100 has a lot of normiecore albums. Scaruffi's list is more patrician for shure.

Does a list exist

yeah literally everything he's given an 8.5-10 is on his chart. even some 8.0s like Ys, Meet the Residents, and Children of God. This guy's fucking retarded.

You could look at his 5/5s on rym

His top 100 list is a list of his top rated rock albums. His actual top rated albums list is clearly much bigger.

rateyourmusic.com/collection/theneedledrop/r5.0

pretty safe and boring list

>Gorillaz
D R O P P E D

wow he has such basic bitch taste

and then he has the nerve to rag on Kanye and shit

OK computer really is amazing tho

The real answer is:
Robert Christgau's A+ albums (121 of them)
robertchristgau.com/get_gl.php?g=A+

it's a great album but I feel like people who use rym to find music ignore untold amounts of great albums because they just listen to what they see on tehc hart, then they rate that thing they found on the chart 5 stars, and it gets further solidfied into the chart, and this cycle repeats until a lot of great music just gets buried

same reason why reddit is shit compared to Sup Forums with its upvote/downvote system
i just like having a more raw, unfiltered view of the library of music available to listen to
that's why I literally just click random downloads in share threads and use "related artists" in wikipedia and shit

Christgau is such a hack

Oh I completely agree with you. I do think it's a shame that some people will just gloss over albums like OKC because their popular amongst the type of people who use RYM, tho everything you've said is valid. At the end of the day really people need to decide for themselves what they like and I suppose that's the detriment of sites like RYM because it'll cause some people to like or dislike an album just because it's popular or unpopular there.

Yeah, I also dislike the fact that having more ratings means ranking higher on RYM's list which then favors more well-known (or more meme albums). If you go past rank #1000 on all time top list there are still tons of album with a rating around 3.90 which have fewer ratings, but that doesn't make them any less valuable. That's why I sometimes like digging deep into that list and picking random albums, I've discovered many of my favorites this way.

And scaruffi isn't?

he really favors some artists and gives an A+ to five of their albums in a row

some really odd choices too. I mean of all Dylan albums you could give an A+ to, why the fuck those 3?

>questioning Christgau
just give up, it's too complex

To be fair that's the best thing Gorillaz ever did

this

made this list weeks ago

no one cared

this is really cool
thanks user

>opinion of one man is better than opinions of thousands of people
Retard

RYM's Top 100 is garbage
Scaruffi's Top 100 is the path to enlightenment
People shit on him but I dare you to find me an 8+/10 album that isn't good; I'll wait

Should include his 5/5s

>mouth moods
Never dropped a list so fast