Do you agree, Sup Forums?

Do you agree, Sup Forums?

Kill yourself, bitch.

Whoever made this list forgot to put The Beatles on there

Bob Dylan's singing makes my ears bleed so no

At least one of the big three jazz musicians should be on there (Coltrane, Davis, or Mingus). Elvis might deserve a spot, too.

l like the top 3, but the rest is a mess

you can't be influential if you aren't innovative

>music started in the 50s
cringe

>

it's a list about rock musicians

>most influential musicians of all times

it's from scaruffi's "A History of Rock Music"

>Ramones over Bob Dylan
Incredibly bad

>Dylan should be higher and Young should be lower
>probably overestimating the influence of Beefheart since he likes him so much (although he was definitely influential)
>memes aside Beatles should be there, regardless of how much Scruffy likes them

No Beatles but the fucking Byrds? He just comes across as stupid by doing this
>you can't be influential if you aren't innovative
You absolutely can

>No Beatles
>No Television

Pretty pathetic list for a music critic desu

The Velvet Underground is overwhelmingly influential. Also TVU was heavily influenced by the Beatles. Therefore the Beatles should be on the list, as much as Scaruffi hates them for some reason.

Elvis got a spot on most over-rated where he belongs.

The true list should look like this:

1. Chuck Berry
2. Elvis Presley
3. The Beatles
4. Bob Dylan
5. Rolling Stones
6. Pink Floyd
7. Black Sabbath
8. Ramones
9. The Velvet Underground
10. Jimi Hendrix

It is imperative to have both Berry and Elvis because while the earlier is kinda where the umbrella of rock music starts, the latter's influence of the style went beyond just rock music. Fuck Scaruffi's bullshit on The Beatles, most of it is objectively false. Like, how can Byrds innovate folk rock first when they literally said that they learned to do that from The Beatles? Dylan's influence on lyricism and the move to electric was an industry wide influence that also goes beyond just folk/rock. Rolling Stones created the prototypical hard rock sound that most people think of when they think rock music. Pink Floyd has had influence on not just prog/kraut/art rock, but a lot of other stuff as well that's not just rock which is why they are so popular. 7, 8, and 9 are all interchangeable depending on whether you think punk rock, alt/indie rock/post-punk, or metal is the largest genre. Of the three, metal has gotten the most popular, and has the largest worldwide appeal so I put Sabbath up first meanwhile alternative rock didn't really have any of that and mostly catered to middle class white kids so I put TVU at the bottom of the three. None of what Hendrix did was original even by his time, but the way he put it together caused the man to become an influence that also supersedes rock music, thus like Elvis, also deserves to be on the list even if he isn't original.

>no beatles
I hate beatles but for fucks sake, it's the most famous band of all time

>The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art

Has nothing to do with that, he's influential as hell

should the stooges be somewhere in there or am i just dumb