How can someone that is a complete stranger become famous so fast? But what it bugs me the most is that she's a junkie...

How can someone that is a complete stranger become famous so fast? But what it bugs me the most is that she's a junkie, isn't this unfair for the people who are clean and work much harder than this girl? Why is the world of music so unjust?
Many of you think that she and her work is crap and I disagree with that idea, I think she's talented but there are better artists, so why? I need an answer.

Other urls found in this thread:

last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you can make it here you can make it anywhere
>

>Many of you think that she and her work is crap and I disagree with that idea, I think she's talented but there are better artists, so why?
OP if that is true she's nothing unique. There are lots of hyper successful artists who are great while there are still greater artists who never achieve that level of success, because while competence is key to success, it's farm from the only factor, especially when it comes to art.

(personally though I thinkg rimes sucks anyway lol)

Many junkies get famous dude. I'd say that at least a 40% of famous musicians were drug addicts or similiar

>unjust
Having connections is having power. And building and maintaining connections requires work. Being personable or social by nature is a virtue. This isn't unfair just because you're not as good at being those things. And even if she had a bit of good luck getting signed to 4AD, that's not an attack on you personally, even if that's what you aspire to as well.

It doesn't mean her music is good necessarily, but that's not the discussion you're having.

Don't you think that someone with such a great profile deserves that success? Her music is great and she's a charismatic person => success.

>Full name: Claire Elise Boucher
>Born: 17 March 1988 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
>Origin: Québécois, Ukrainian, Russian and Italian descent
>Instruments: vocals, synthesizer, sampler, keyboard, guitar, bass, drums, violin, ukulele, ehru

>Skills:
- singer
- songwriter
- producer
- sound engineer
- live performer
- visual artist
- music video director
- dancer
- model
- writer

>Main interests:
Music, visual arts, dancing, books, films, modeling, video games, internet, and others

>Music taste:
last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201

>Others:
- Grimes does everything in her music, from singing and songwriting to artwork and production
- nice personality, beautiful look, cares about environment issues and saving animals
- took her name from grime music after discovering the existence of the genre on Myspace
- studied ballet for 11 years
- was a goth outcast in high school
- studed neuroscience, philosophy, and Russian literature and McGill University before being dropped out for missing classes
- started making music when she was around the age of 22 or 23
- big Lord of the Rings, Dune, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Abbess Hildegard von Bingen and Russian literature fan

It's unfair for the other musicians who want to live of their music.

this is the most autistic thing ive ever seen

>But what it bugs me the most is that she's a junkie, isn't this unfair for the people who are clean and work much harder than this girl?
Uno: you're an idiot for implying that just because she used drugs she's unworthy of praise of her work. Due: it doesn't matter how hard you work, but the results. And her results are fucking great. Other artists may work harder than her but the results were underwhelming. It's about productivity. Tre: she's one of the hardest working artists in the music industry. She always makes music, draws something, does some modeling, visits the world, etc.

just squat or someshit

You forgot to look in your mirror to see the real autist.

Maybe they should get better at building connections. That's an enormous part of how you move up in the entertainment industry, it's one of the basic skills you need for the job.

No, drugs are for losers and that sole reason is enough to despise her, and don't forget that she's always been a junkie.

>But what it bugs me the most is that Kurt Cobain a junkie, isn't this unfair for the people who are clean and work much harder than this dude? Why is the world of music so unjust?

>visits the world

You're too stupid to understand anything. You lack any empathy towards people who suffered in life and found a refuge in drugs.
>that sole reason is enough to despise her
Idiot.

She made her way through honesty. Good things happen to good people

It's a vice, and she comes from a good family so stop with your bullshit.

>klonapin
>junkie

>How can someone that is a complete stranger become famous so fast?
So do you personally know most people who are famous?
>what it bugs me the most is that she's a junkie, isn't this unfair for the people who are clean and work much harder than this girl?
Doesn't matter how hard you work, if the key to success is sucking record company execs off and you aren't willing to get to sucking.
>Why is the world of music so unjust?
bcuz ur gay
>Many of you think that she and her work is crap and I disagree with that idea
You're wrong.
>I think she's talented but there are better artists, so why?
You're wrong, but also bcuz ur gay.
>I need an answer.
No you don't, but I gave you one anyway.

Two in spanish is dos you hack

>implying that because she's from a good family she doesn't have problems

It's Italian you mega hack.

>Don't you think that someone with such a great profile deserves that success? Her music is great and she's a charismatic person => success.
No
>Full name: Claire Elise Boucher
>Born: 17 March 1988 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
>Origin: Québécois, Ukrainian, Russian and Italian descent
I don't care
>Instruments: vocals, synthesizer, sampler, keyboard, guitar, bass, drums, violin, ukulele, ehru
I don't care
>>Skills:
>- singer
>- songwriter
>- producer
>- sound engineer
>- live performer
>- visual artist
>- music video director
>- dancer
>- model
>- writer
This is wrong because you're saying she is skilled at these things but she is not, also I don't care
>Main interests:
>Music, visual arts, dancing, books, films, modeling, video games, internet, and others
>Music taste:
>last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
>pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201
Who fucking cares?
>Others:
>- Grimes does everything in her music, from singing and songwriting to artwork and production
No she doesn't
>- nice personality, beautiful look, cares about environment issues and saving animals
Crackhead bitch who pays shills and sucks dick, really great personality though dude.
>- took her name from grime music after discovering the existence of the genre on Myspace
Wow that's really cringy and stupid.
>- studied ballet for 11 years
Ballet is lame as fuck and I dislike grimes more now that I know this
>- was a goth outcast in high school
Yes I figured that out, goth was trash.
>- studed neuroscience, philosophy, and Russian literature and McGill University before being dropped out for missing classes
So she was also a failure in academics?
>- started making music when she was around the age of 22 or 23
Who fucking cares?
>- big Lord of the Rings, Dune, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Abbess Hildegard von Bingen and Russian literature fan
Those all suck.

She comes from a good family and she's a first worlder. NOW SUCK MY DICK, all her problems were solved since she was born. There was literally no need of drugs in her life.

If you don't care, get the fuck out of here, prick.

Go fuck yourself faggot

Because more than half of the things you mentioned have nothing to do with the discussion.

I won this debate, you have no arguments.

You didn't win anything. Your arguments revolves around sucking your own limp dick.

>basing what you think someone's argument is off of an insult that they added to their pre-existing argument
not even him but get an argument

*revolve

If you already started using insults like here you lost without any doubt. Soem blank statements like
>She comes from a good family and she's a first worlder.
are not arguments.

>If you already started using insults you lost
That's just wrong
>Soem blank statements are not arguments
What's a blank statement? And no, of course it's not an argument (nor it is a blanket statement, which I bet you meant to say), it's support for his argument, which he makes after he says "NOW SUCK MY DICK". However, "Go fuck yourself faggot" is not an argument at all.

>But what it bugs me the most is that she's a junkie
WAS a junkie. If you read up on her, what you will learn is that getting into making music is what directly lead her to getting OUT of being a total junkie. Long story short - maintaining a stable, self-directed career in the arts is virtually impossible for someone with major drug problems (hence why people like that who can't cope have a tendency to fall off/die by around the age of 27.) Wanting to be able to continue to do her own thing on her own terms has motivated her to learn how to cope. It actually makes for a pretty inspiring story.