Okay Sup Forums, which is the better album, Pinkerton or Blue?

okay Sup Forums, which is the better album, Pinkerton or Blue?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/hy9b49e2
youtu.be/nHvuGiV8a2g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pinkerton

blue

Pinkerton

/thread

Pinkerton, but there's not a lot between them

Blue

tie

You'll never get an answer. They're so different that there's bound to be no general consensus.

Vote here:
strawpoll.com/hy9b49e2

Blue has Surf Wax America so it loses by default.

pinkerton by a landslide

Nimrod

youtu.be/nHvuGiV8a2g

It's settled then
Pinkerton is better

Pinkerton, but White is better than both.

Clearly Blue

see Surf Wax is the definition of a filler song that should have never made it to the album and drags down the whole album. Fantano just likes the song so rates it higher than Pinkerton.

Pinkerton is a more consistent album.

Blue has better high points but hard low points.

Blue
0 songs about licking stationary and wondering how a japanese girl masturbates
Pinkerton
1 song about licking stationary and wondering how a japanese girl masturbates
Pinkerton wins

This

Raditude

Gay

It's License to Ill vs. Paul's Boutique of alt rock

Blue by a long shot.

Blue Album:
>Epic, inspiring, and clever musings on loneliness, loss, social alienation, escapism, deep-seeded emotional pain, and a cosmic sense of intangible desire

Pinkerton:
>I'm so sad and lonely waaaaaaa
>lol xd random lyrics
>beats the listener over the head with the same uninspired themes
>pointless feedback and distortion
>one of the most unsatisfying and unearned anti-climaxes ever put on a record

Disgusting taste

blue >>> pinkerton

But Blue has literally zero low points...

>he actually thinks Blue has any bad songs

Nimrod is a Goat album desu

I like the way Pinkerton sounds more, but I connect more with Blue, because I spend most of my time alone in my little space (my basement in this case, rather than the garage, but it's still where my records, books, the guitar i really need to learn how to play, and posters are.), I was raised by two alcoholics, I'm incredibly socially awkward, and I still have dreams about my first love and how I fucked up our relationship completely by not spending enough time with her.
I dunno, Pinkerton has too many songs like No One Else, where the singer's just an absolute prick.
I still love the album and will rank it higher than Blue on sound, but Blue is better lyrically because I don't have the constant thought of "god this guy's an asshole".
It's kind of a tie, then.

not memeing but i actually like pinkerton less as i get older

This

>lol xd random lyrics
which one is this

I say it's like a linear equation (pinkerton) vs an exponential equation (blue). Pinkerton will be better to a new listener unfamiliar with the style, but overall Blue will resonate more and win the listener over after multiple listens.

Pinkerton
>tracks are consistently good but basically half of the album is forgettable
>generally less resonating than Blue in part due to the detailed lyrics. This is a plus for those who enjoy unique lyrics that clearly have roots in the singer's own life.
>less variation in terms of style, so those eho like the style will love the album, but those who don't will find themselves bored as hell abput 20 minutes in or so.
Blue
>tracks vary in quality, both having songs that are better than all of Pinkerton's and worse than all of Pinkerton's
>songs leave more room for connections to be made in the listener's mind than in Pinkerton's songs
>more variation in the songs makes it less likely for the listener to experience mid-album boredom

he just said the same dumb shit from a different perspective.

That's like asking what's better - The Cars or Big Star. They're very different albums. Pinkerton is intensely personal, which makes it very variable. It's Rivers Cuomo pouring his heart out, and that's what you're going to get. Even the saddest songs in Blue are a lot more impersonal than just about any song in Pinkerton. Blue, on the other hand is way better produced, and you don't get to see Rivers pour his heart out, which to many is a bonus - I don't really blame them.

It's really a difference of sound and how much you want to see Rivers try to sort out his mind, which given what we get to see of him, he's not exactly the best person. Blue Album is a lot more about him telling the type of person he is, without essentially talking about him. Pinkerton focuses entirely on him, really, and there's even something of a progression - from desillusion to coming to terms with the person he was and the person he is, especially in terms of relationships.

Honestly, this is pretty much just rambling. They're quite similar albums, but one of them is Rivers talking in broad strokes about himself, the other is Rivers really focusing on his own personality and issues, on the good and bad.

Pinkerton. IMO it's their only good album period.

so blue

this

>blue album has better lyrics

This

>I'm so sad and lonely waaaaaaa
i.e. deep emotional pain, which you praised the blue album for
>beats the listener over the head with the same uninspired themes
I wouldn't say it beats the listener over the head, it presents the themes of loss and emotional pain in a more emotional and risky manor, and the lyrics come from the mind of someone who was essentially a vulnerable emotional wreck at the time
>pointless feedback and distortion
I think this give this album a harder and more abrasive edge, which increases the emotional impact and makes it more exciting and risky
>one of the most unsatisfying and unearned anti-climaxes ever put on a record
I see it as a calm after the storm

I don't think pinkerton's perfect; some of the lyrics are borderline cringeworthy. It's better than the blue album though.

I sincerely hope you don't think the lyrics on Pinkerton are good.

Pinkerton

>god damn you half japanese girls
>do it to me everytime
>oh the redhead said you play the cello
>and i'm jello, baby
damn

>taking the lyrics out of context means they're automatically bad

Blue

blue album
it's incredible power pop.
It's an essential album that everyone including normies should listen to

both shit

nobody who likes Pinkerton better has taste in albums. Pinkerton is a good record but Blue is a masterpiece