All other spirits welcome.

Is Horst Leunig /ourguy/?
youtube.com/watch?v=V5j7sQHm-Wo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iTsDZ0vWyXA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thinking of getting a bottle of this.
I heard that it's a disappointment comapred to normal Ardbegs

Mah nigga. Ardbeg 10 year is on my list to try next as the best entry-level premium. How do you find it? Didn't know "kelpie" existed lmao.

I just found out about kelpie, it's a seaweed kind of thing, but I'm not entirely sure about what it's about. It got some harsh words in /ck/ though.
I love Corrywreckan the most so far, the taste and aroma are so intense and I love that kind of thing. How do I find kelpie or what did you mean?

12 years old for me folks.. cheers

I have unopened Lagavulin 16 and the distiller's edition. Is Lagavulin 8yo any good?

I'll stick with this. Nice and smooth.

haven't tried an 8th year old one, however (and this is off the topic the lesser time it spends in the cask the less smoother it is - that's what I heard the old sailors to say..

THIS IS AN ABSINTHE THREAD NOW......i mean spiderman....

How does the yank bourbon whiskey compare with scotch single malts?

youtube.com/watch?v=iTsDZ0vWyXA

Bourbon tastes totally different and is much stronger than scotch.

Yeah, I hear that the taste is much sharper and wild on the young one. I'd like to taste it, but I've been uncertain about it

for me they don't

Yeah, I love bourbon but I can't stand scotch. Totally different flavors.

btw the best % alcohol for the body is 40% or around...

I want to love whiskey but it gives me the worst heartburn.

Anyone know why?

how do you drink it? be as painfully detailed as possible. such as if you just take shots of whisky and you take 4 to 5 shots in an hour that may be too much.

so what do you drink?

I drink it like I drink tea, I take sips. I'll usually start getting the heartburn 1-3 ounces in.

Usually have Jameson at dinner or some Jack Daniels at a funeral or something.

Do you get it from other forms of strong alcohol ? Like vodka or rum ?

is it only the whiskey that gives you heartburn or also other alcohol

No. I think it's the sipping that does it because Vodka I'll do shots/chaser or mixed. Whiskey is the only booze I sip. Thanks.

I'm a scotch fag all the way, but I gotta say this one is the best I've ever tried.

Try Cognac instead.

>jack daniels
>jameson
>low shelf garbage-tier whiskey
>mfw

Tips fedora

that one is on my bucket list...where did you buy it from? what store i mean

I'm a european and it's pretty much everywhere where they have a wider selection of booze

Not tonight....a few months back.
But this was the shit

try Calvados

overrated imho

Brands like Jack and Jameson are far from the worst. They formulate their shit for mass appeal to reach a wider market share. They may be bland, but there are certainly worse whiskies out there. Getting butthurt about what people drink is hipster faggotry; there are countless whiskies better than Jack, but at the end of the day they all do the same fucking thing.

haha .. I am born in Europe too, I think I know where to find it...here though

I can't afford top or mid tier whiskey so i normally have Dewar's or White Horse and although they're cheap they're great.
also Walker Red label is dope

is it even possible to buy calvados in us?

I just bought a bottle of Tyrconnell whiskey. Never had it before, and I like Irish whiskeys a lot. So looking forward to trying that, whenever I decide to open it.

You should really try the more aged versions if you wanna buy hibiki. I've heard they're even richer in taste and stronger as a kick to the pallet.

It's pretty available at higher end retailers (Binny's, whole foods, etc). I've still never tried it. They run around 50 bucks a pop around me and I can get cheaper bottles I like a lot instead.

bitch who drinks top-shelf all the time? Fuck that: have good, regular stuff on the regular, and top shelf for a treat.

About a year ago, a friend of mine went to visit his family in Mexico. He knew that I love rum, and surprised me by bringing back a bottle of the most incredible spirit I have ever tasted. It's called charanda. It is a type of rum made only in a certain part of Mexico; the terroir imparts a unique sweetness to the rum that I had never before encountered. Usually I can't stand sweet rums unless aged for a decade or two, but this was different. The flavor is reminiscent of honeysuckle and a fine black tea. It is as sweet as honey, yet not sickening. It is the finest liquor I have ever tasted, and I have been trying to get more ever since.

Hell, if he can afford leave him to his snobbery, it probably helps him boost his ego, and that's fine

that is what I found at the local costco

because you're a pussy

Recently picked up a bottle of MIchter's bourbon. I'd never really heard much about it, just grabbed it because it was the only bottle at the grocery store I'd never tried before. It's surprisingly good.

opened up a bottle of Johnnie walker Blue label when I graduated college. was incredible

You're both faggots. There's nothing wrong with cheap whiskey sometimes. If you're just mixing it with stuff, it's a waste of money to buy expensive stuff. I prefer Evan Williams Bonded if I'm making mixed drinks, but Jameson and Jack Daniels are both fine too.

On the other hand, you don't have to be a fedora-wearing neckbeard to drink and appreciate good whiskey.

yeah, hibiki 21 is one of the best blends I've had.

my current "standard three" lineup:

everyday boozin': johnnie walker double black (fine on the rocks, makes a good highball too)
monthly treat: glenmorangie 18 year (best cost performance I've found)
very special occasions only: yamazaki 25. got it half off through a friend. fucking amazing whisky all around, almost not even whisky at the point, something else entirely.

also keep makers 46 on hand as my go-to bourbon.

>On the other hand, you don't have to be a fedora-wearing neckbeard to drink and appreciate good whiskey.

Never said that, but bitching about cheap whiskys is fedora-core.

NO U

yo, can we stop this profanity. thanks in advance. cheers

Folks let's make a whiskey channel on kik? the thread is gonna die soon

i like most whiskey, as long as its not to smokey , smokey whiskey gives me heart burn

THanks for the advice, friends. I hope my taste in whiskey matures and I wish you all health and success in the future.

I have a hunch... maybe the smoked whiskey contains a bit of sulfur compounds...and it irritates yr tummy.. it can be a complete nonsense though..

I want to so badly buy a whiskey colleciton but i'm currently NEET.

That's probably the peat. Spay side would be your best bet for less heartburn

Anyone have any thoughts on Islay mist peated reserve? I wanna try it but idk if it's worth the money

Live near the distillery so I'm a bit bias

so no islay malts for you then.....damn shame nothing better than a lagavulin 16 and some tobbacco

cohiba... let's ask Castro junior before our Donny closes the border again

lagavulin 17
it's my favorite drink of alllll tiiiiime

supposed to be for

Whiskey is gross

We don't come to your thread and tell you cocks are gross, go be a faggot elsewhere

owned!
*hands you a glass of whiskey**

haha.. lagavulin,cigars, and .. chicks for me... people , please be civil.. afterall the granddaddy of our sexual revolution passed away today.. the honorable Hugh Hefner.. Let me ask you.. what was the favorite whiskey of the guy? Anyone/

Used to be my fave until pic related. 100 proof and still a 10/10.

has anyone tasted this one?