My boss just sent out a job offer to a new tech (working under me who I will be training)

My boss just sent out a job offer to a new tech (working under me who I will be training)
I am our two tier tech
>He will be making 10,000 more than me.
I want to fucking kill myself.
How the fuck do I go on from here? What the fuck.

>10,000 more
per month?

No total. I make 30,000 and he makes 40,000
I am barely getting by, he does not have college education and I was there for the process of getting him in.

Not to be a dick, but I've worked in both HR and IT. When something like that occurs, you're training your replacement. You need to start looking for a new job fast, user.

Great.

Why the fuck would they CC me then lmfao

Do you work in a corporate atmosphere, or is it a small business? I work for one of the ten largest companies in America, and a common reason for this is because the person that is at the higher grade has shown no interest for years, therefore that person's salary stagnates as new hires make more.

startup

Then you should start looking for a new job if your boss has not made it clear that you are training a new hire before moving yourself into a more lucrative position. If you find a new job in time, he may actually be forced to pay you more - because the new hire's skills will not be able to make up for the loss of an experienced worker.

Are you a liability?

This is a test from your boss, user. Tell him you feel with your qualifications and experience with the company, you feel you as well deserve an increased pay.

This makes no sense. Your boss revealed the starting salary of a new employee? That seems horribly unprofessional.

Don't straight up quit confront him politely

your about to be made redundant user
find a new job and quit without notice fuck em

checked but thats not how IT works you find a new job and dump the old one.
user is lucky they fucked up and let him know ahead of time

If you only make 30k you should have killed yourself long ago. Especially if you're bragging about being a second tier employee. You're clearly a bitch and your boss knows he doesn't have to worry about you demanding a raise.

yep. and it's a startup. OP should be prepared to do all the shit work while new guy takes over

find a new job asap. where do you live OP?

This is also true. Call center employees make more than you, OP.

I'm going to tell your boss that you're a trap loving, racist tranny

I apologize for being so rude now that I re read this, but dude, 30k. That's dog shit. Like, that's not even a decent salary in Iowa or wherever cost of living is low. I wouldn't train this guy if it's not in my contract and I'd laugh at my manager for asking me to. Don't be afraid to lose a 30k job. You can take your experience, embellish it on a resume and make more. Dude when you're in your 30s, you can just start making shit up in interviews about the work you've done previously. Especially with how many companies use proprietary software that you'll need to learn on the job anyway.

I got hired as tier 1 tech support at 22 yo w 4 yr degree at 32k. I quit after two years. I've worked dumb tech jobs and lied about my experience ever since and I make 84k at 31 yo now. I also work from home full time and don't have to talk to anyone I work with. You can do it user.

Orange CA
I agree, My boss posted in our teams IM chat that we were BCCed in it but I am the only one Bcc'ed. Idk what the fuck.
I thought this too, But what the fuck is the point? what is there to fucking test?I know. I am barely fucking getting by. I thought it would be rude to ask for more as this is the best I have ever had it (and they know that). SO fuck me.

it is certainly not a test. it's time for you to find new work. they already know they can take advantage of you, and they aren't going to stop doing it. like dude above said, i started in my early 20s changing jobs every few years, 36yo at 110k/yr

also Orange CA has plenty of IT work, time to update your resume

what is your stress factor/workload compared to the other jobs?

i don't understand the question, what do you want me to compare?