Europa 4

Any of you Polynesian tapestry enthusiasts play this game? I have to imagine you all must.

General EU4 thread, favorite countries etc.

I play, but although i have 400 hours in it, I have only played 6 nations. Out of then, only 2 have been real games, which were Lithuania to Commonwealth ironman and Gelre to Netherlands ironman. I love this game. Crushing 40K maylians wiyh 10K is such a wonderfull feeling

>Play EU4
>Normalfags friends can't get past the UI.
>Play CIV 5 instead
>Mind numbingly simple.
Is there a game that is a good mix so I can actually have fun playing with my casual friends?

>Be England
>Trying to form GB
>Sweden keeps asking me to support Swedish independence
FFS SWEDEN STOP IT!!

yes and all dlc

please buy our upcoming hoi4

Yes, but I can't play ironman as any country without getting destroyed

stellaris, probably

EU4 best genocide simulator imho

Can be quite difficult if you don't know what's coming but can easily spend hours on this beauty. In fact I'll probably do so tonight.

Portugal is my preferred start.

I like it,especially the enslaving Africans playing as Prussia part

What country should I start as, pol?

Recent game was Burgundy in CkII and made france kill
imported to EUIV and formed the Netherlands as a big blob to colonize

pls buy

>blob

Go back to Sup Forums

Brandenberg

Brandenburg->Prussia->Germoney

use the Voltaire's nightmare mod and play Hesse

Im currently more into enslaving and purging on a galactical level

I will :^)

i want to love paradox games but i can't get past the time speed control /lack of being turn based.

it just doesnt hook me in like turn based games do

Brandenburg it is

Gelre the brave.

Starting as any other western nation is for pussies. Bonus points for starting during the revolt against Austria.

by that I just mean all of france and west germany which is bloby by Dutch standards

Hearts of Iron 4 soon lads.

empire: total war is my alternative to eu4 when my autist levels are low and I want some casual purging simulator

Turn based are too easy.

I play Hearts of Iron more regularly. Currently playing as Sweden, trying to reestablish the Swedish empire.

Is there a reason why I should buy it or can I pirate it without problems?

no thanks

Of course I do! Not pic related, I'm currently playing the new Rome mod that appeared in the Workshop.

>what is not buying it from steam

just pirate it XD

Ulm

>Buying games

Victoria 2

Speaking of turn based games who /excited for Civ VI/ here

what graphic pack is that?

mongol faces is good desu, and i like the music packs. plus playing as a republic is easy mode.

although only buy this shit when its on a VERY deep sale.

hyped t b h

I'm not kidding when I say pirate the DLC. Buy the game for workshop access, and then download all the DLCs from /gsg/ on /vg/.

Hearts of Iron 3

It's a shit game. Play Medieval 2 instead.

Victoria 2

Are mongols white?

maybe you know, they could include fucking character faces, music packs and unit textures when the game was launched?

nah lets be kikes instead

how do you keep afloat in terms of tech? By 2300 all empires have overwhelming tech compared to me. How do talented space hitlers do?

maybe

preordered it

the one with that comes with the dlc pass

fuccin hyped to make The Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere lad

>custom nations dlc
>Create canarian Africa
>btfo'img tribal countries but wait something is wrong here
>one battle near A I R and I'm loosing with Western tech
>Check general
>tribal KING HIMSELF is leading the war
>pulled an Italy and couldn't take the countries the first time

>what is the bottom line
but yeah paradox is a greedy jew company.

Holy shit are you me?

empire is probably better than Medieval 2's broken fucking engine and horrible physics
I prefer Darkest Hour or Vicky 2

the best tactics that worked for me is really simple:
>rush 5 decent planets. may need a restart and some luck
>overtake the ai vertically like a rocket on speed
>when hitting 1k+ fleet power start vassalazing
>win

Theatrum Orbis Terranum in the Workshop

turn based is shit

am I the only who thinks that euiv is boring as hell in peacetime? For some reason I like civ though.

>Playing babies 1st strategy

Sure, on ironman.

Empire's AI is broken beyond belief. Play any siege battle. Napoleon is objectively better.

And Medieval 2 is hot garbage desu. Nothing beats the original Rome Total War. Europa Barborum hnnnngggggggggggg my autism loves it so much

Why would you do this

Ofcourse we do, people who like and know their history are far more likely to be redpilled

My own post has inspired me to reinstall Europa Barborum

>I agree to read more history

>hurr durr art is bad me no likey
fuck off

>not playing EU III with MEIOU.
Fuck off, plebington.

I have over 2000 hours in EU4 ama

Anyone else playing this?

is it any good?

But my fave is having huge units of niggers to send into battle as front line fodder while my cannons and catapults reign hellfire on my enemies, and taking some 'unfortunate' collateral damage as a result.

The mod is in Beta and you'll constantly lose saves because of updates. So it'll only be good for short sessions

Anyone else playing this?

idk how anyone can not be skeptical as hell after Beyond Earth

Why does everybody play with Colored Wastelands on mods that clearly are meant not to have it

No, it looks pretty gay 2bh

it's pretty good

>doesn't get the meme

holy shit. it's beautiful. the only thing missing is to flatten the 3d world in an ironman compatible way

Tbh Attila is my jam
now we just need Thirty Years War Total War

EUIV only is entertaining during war. For a more wholesome, entertaining game play Victoria 2

I only play it for the intellectual thrill of cuckolding my nation by bringing in endless waves of immigrants

>Playing the game jew
No wonder this board has fallen so far

Ah, reminds me of my first, full campaign as Brandenburg in vanilla

Does it make the game bigger?

Apparently the mod maker's gonna add some of Hungary and the Balkans at some point so this shit will go away

I love all the flags, but they need more unique national ideas for different states
too many generic German and Divine ones

What makes EUIV better than CK2? I'm playing ck2 with shattered retreats and threat turned off

>Implying that is only the art style of CIV games that make it childish
>Turn based game play make thinking ahead too easy
>Almost completely transparent combat mechanics don't make war a breeze
>Civilisations representing historical ones in a complete non-historical setting does not trigger your autism

Nothing. Eu4 is literally blobbing simulator

it add a whole bunch of extra provinces, but you can only play in the more or less in the hre

I always preferred Roma Surrectum 2. Mostly because I just liked the slower pace to the battles allowing much more room for tactics. Although lategame it did have the tendency to get a bit tedious.

But damn if that game doesn't get boring during the late-game. True there are AI rebellions and invaders from another dimension and so on, but once you've got your fleet power capped at 1,000 and have eliminated even the fallen empires, you're so powerful that it provides no challenge.

I'd like to know that as well.

->