Jazz is culturally irrelevant

You can hide behind the intense wankery as evidence that the musicians are supposedly good, but jazz will never have an impact on the larger culture ever again. Enjoy your genre that accounts for 1 percent of all record sales and streams.

It really matters!

and?

Is there some point you're trying to make or are we just firing off platitudes?

the culturally irrelevancy is irrelevant because jazz isn't even art !

Why would you save that pic on you computer

Is there anyone under the age of 60 who actually likes jazz (as opposed to only saying they like it for cool points) and ISN'T a white hipster? Strange how black people don't listen to it anymore. Now that really tells you something.

That's because rap takes less effort and young black kids are lazy af

Jazz was up there as one of the most relevant forms for the first half of the 20th century.

But yeah it won't ever be massively relevant again, not in any straightforward, older sense of the genre.

It will occasionally crisscross across other burgeoning forms as a kind of ether or 'content', like it did somewhat in hip-hop and drum n bass (or house), but not by way of the structurally improvisational means by which that flavor first emerged.

I do, and I'm a mulatto hipster.

>mulatto
gross. enjoy only getting laid by brown women who want to fantasize about being with a white man

kek

Producing ain't easy grandpa and when it comes to rapping there's plenty of factors like flow for instance.

>there's plenty of factors like flow for instance
ouch. rolled my eyes too hard.

Seems simple but it isn't

The state of this board, Jesus fucking Christ...

you dont know many musicians do you?

yes
check any campus of a music school

All music is relevant you never know when some aspiring musician is one of that 1% changing their view of their instrument for good revolutionizing some other genre because of it.

I like jazz. I'm not a hipster I'm just an autist

>Producing ain't easy grandpa
lol yeah sure

who cares lol

ask this man if getting his signature sound was easy

>comparing visionary producer and convicted murderer phil spector to the basic shit production you see in most "quality" hip hop and other rap-focused genres

>black people don't listen to jazz anymore

That's one of the most retarded memes I have ever seen on this board

Stop replying to this thread people. Are we collectively working on running this board to the ground at this point?

ha ha look at that idiot going to his local fine dining restaurant where every meal experience if different and could even be customized to the patrons instead of eating at McDonald's - the most culturally impactful restaurant chain in the world!

Loving
Every
Laugh

underrated desu

>Liked by grrrgraphics
please be real

Also OP post is factually incorrect because jazz accounts for less than 1 percent sales/streams

Define "wankery."

The fact you think that says more about you than it does about jazz.

>black people don't listen to it anymore

t. never been to a jazz festival

>the current state of music
*vomits*

>Enjoy your genre that accounts for 1 percent of all record sales and streams.
I'm glad you want me to enjoy jazz. I hope you enjoy the music you enjoy too.

>why the fuck do you want a reason to be incapable of liking jazz without looking dumb for it?

What are you talking about? Jazz has a massive impact on current Hip Hop, Neo-Soul, and IDM.