Why are you sad/depressed?

Why are you sad/depressed?

Because im oppressed by white cis males

As someone that used to be severely depressed I can 100% say that a huge reason I was depressed was due to drugs. Ever since I quit drugs my life became so much better. I still smoke weed like a chimney though haha

Nice try granpapa

>almost 21
>severe blood disease in my leg
>almost had to get leg cut off
>didn't go to college because thought I was gonna be legless
>was getting D1 offers for baseball, now only have 10 credits at community
>can't exercise, or even really walk
>gained a lot of weight from inactivity
>feel like toes are gonna explode
>not motivated to do anything
>mask my immense sorrow everyday
>can't enjoy life like I used to
>can't get drunk without getting nearly suicidal
>only thing that brings me joy are video games
>dark souls is the best thing about existing
Didn't intend to post a sob story, but here we are

Nigga im 21

I always wanted to be famous. I was after i dropped out of hs i counldnt go anywhere without someone trying to take a pic w me. i let the money and shit get to my head spent it all on drugs and partying now everyone in my town knows me as that one dude that was really smart but went "crazy". whatever that means.. Now im back in HS trying not to catch a case w these yung cuties but thats besides the point. I feel super stuck in life because all i want is a job. I dont have any friends anymore and dont know why i leave my house sometimes

Because my boss is abusing me. I’m leaving soon though. I’m just sick to fucking death of being used.

Depression, real depression, doesn't need a 'reason'.

It's caused by a chemical imbalance, made worse by behavioural, social, and cognitive factors.

Because my family keeps looming over me, and i can't just do anything on my own. My major requires me to talk and I stutter, so everyone thinks I'm autistic in addition to being a failure. I don't want to live, it's too much of a bother, and for many other reasons I'll just never be truly happy. I just want to finish my novel and die.

Spent my teen years playing vidya games instead of going outside and having fun, I'm 18 now. I'm an adult now with no memories of a 'childhood' thinking about it makes me sad... and angry.

I'd like to read that novel.

have you tried the Witcher 3? Shit is honestly profound as fuck. The main character sets a motive of following the path life takes him on as he knows if he stops moving his sadness will catch up to him. I think you'd love it.

He even says so outright in the books. Read 'em as well.

May i ask what drugs user-chan? I know the percocets are fucking me up

I'm yet to read the books, but I've put over 200 hours into witcher 3 probably. How do the books compare?

I have started it, and gameplay wise, it hasn't gripped me, but the story and writing are phenomenal, one of the outright best in our generation

It was basically to a point where I would just take whatever people I know had available. I know xanax fucked me up the most. Acid I think played a huge role because I was taking it so frequently. Adderall was fucking up my head too. And of course drinking everyday doesnt help haha. Also just the debt that comes with being a substance addict was pretty awful

the fun doesn't really get started until after White Orchard. Get a nice diffuculty going, and until you learn to cheese, you'll have the best gaming experience ever. When I first started I wasn't aware of meditation replenishing decoctions and stuff, so I thought I had to drop them and recraft for like half the damn game lmao

I have a great life. Wife, job I like, house, and dog. Yet, all I can think about is offing myself. There is no real reason for it. So I try to keep busy in hopes I won't have time to think about it.

Aviod the xans at all costs brotha, from one addictive personality to another, lmao. My plug ran out after me abusing bars all day, and going cold turkey made me have 5 seizures in total, one which traumatized my best ladd, he thought i was joking but put me to bed like a good mate.

Did you have a good childhood? You may be going through midlife crisis which is pretty common, it happens due to a lot of responsability and thinking that you have not achieved enough/what you wanted to do.

Do you tend to beat yourself up for things you don't do, or do wrong? does your wife know you feel like this?

I had a great childhood. I have no questions about my life decisions. Good relationship with my wife, parents and in laws. It's fucked up.

She does. She worries about me so I try to play it down. I do tend to take things personally.

Yeah man, I was never that bad to where I would seize but when you're able to have a couple bars and then drink countless beers all night and still be able to seem okay to your friends, friend's parents, and your own parents then you can tell something needs to change. Also, when you were taking xans did you notice a feeling of depression the day after? Because everyday after taking xans I would feel more depressed than the day before and the only way to solve it was to take more xanax and smoke hella weed. I was expected to graduate from college until I got involved with xans lol Im graduating this year though!!!

Are you sure? Because there has to be something you wanted to accomplish/do which is the reason your feeling like this.

I want to have kids, but even that isn't too far away.

They could give you more of an inspiration to stay.

But if you do, you owe it to them and to your wife to indeed stay.

Decisions, decisions.

Yeah, I don't think I'm going anywhere. It just sucks to be driving somewhere and just thinking that I was a pussy for not killing myself this morning.

I don't know. I go through periods of time where I just don't want to be around people I care about. It may be hours, it may be months. Doctors have tried me on several different medicines, but I can't take them, because I either end up feeling like a zombie, or I can't get hard. Now I'm in a position where if I did get put on something, I wouldn't be able to have my CCW anymore.

fuck now i gotta play Max Payne

I'm right behind you, I turn 20 next month. And yeah bro, the reason you feel even shittier is because your dopamine reserves are probably drained to fuck, and the body is probably starting the withdrawl process if you were abusing them. But I'd take like 5 2mg bars a day for like two weeks and then all supply ran out. Then the seizures lasted through february and stopped. Now I can't drive until I get my brain scanned, oh well. Cheers to you graduating and cheers to me following behind you! Haha

Yooooo, I was put on anti-depressants and that shit was awful man! What's keeping you down. I know exactly how you feel. From one depressed Sup Forumsro to another

same here. but atleast i can still enjoy the vidya

Fuck mate! Are you able to work through all that shit? As someone who loves drugs I know that it's hard to talk about addiction to others. If i didn't feel such a stigma towards drug addiction i would've had a bachelors degree by now haha So how you doin?

You gotta cry on her shoulder man. You're not a pussy for not becoming an hero, you're alive because something still matters. You would've went through with it otherwise. I get the feeling you don't get to do much of anything you enjoy. Why not let loose and just see where everything takes you? Without a cloudy mind full of a tornado of thoughts you might just see how beautiful the world can be, again.

I honestly have no idea. After speaking to a bi-polar friend the other day and we have almost the exact same symptoms. I coukd be completely fine today, but may wakeup in the morning and be completely detached and empty. I do my best to hide it from my wife and kids, but she knows something isn't right when it happens. I don't know what causes it.

Me too

Haha my dad's dead, sis is in prison, I'm the last hope for my family really. Thankfully my mom runs a pretty big housekeeping company, and I have some work there. I don't want my niece going down her mothers path, and thats the only thing thats given me inspiration to drop all the drugs; besides my adderall for my adhd. Living for the future generation, just as our ancestor did mate haha

I don't know your situation, but when that shit happens to me I make sure to tell my girlfriend right away. Because your wife or my girlfriend will always be our rock and will support us til the end. It's important to be vocal about how we feel as depressed Sup Forumsros. As soon as youre able to do that, it's one step forward. Im off of anti-depressants btw, THANK GOD!

Good. Find a reason to live, even if you have to find a new reason every day. Keep yourself occupied, keep yourself present. My big thing is treat every second like it's a battle, because it only takes a second to say "Hey, im gonna get high and it's gonna feel fuckin great!". So for us addicts we gotta battle our way through life til we reach a point of complete peace

Listen to this guy! If you don't show you heart on your sleeve than eventually you'll forget what it looks like. And even your siblings can give good advice, I mean, they watched you grow just as you did them. Keeping shit bottled up, will just make you go into a cycle of being angrily motivated for a bit, calming down and losing that drive, then beating yourself back into the depression. Overthinking brings you nothing but a pretty bad migraine.

My mom wont buy me chicken nuggets and strawberry pop tarts,

My thing is I hear every second ticking away all day and would rather get high and distracted. It was nice speaking with you, user. We gotta live for the future even if its just to see what ends up happening. I'll be rooting for you mate.

Nice try granpapa