youtu.be/Ys8bXY3YEVY
youtu.be/bK-ac_0KoxE
youtu.be/hkgSA9LFUro
youtube.com/watch?v=jjgwVSDAmP4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_NES_CD-ROM
youtube.com/watch?v=AiOSZ_Q9zig
twitter.com/AnonBabble

amiga

The snes from memory seemed to have better quality music when comparing the same games side by side. NBA Jam comes to mind. Could be wrong though.

It depends on the genre.
If you want grungy music the genesis had it.
If you want symphonic music the sens has it.

I'd say the snes was better at replicating general music, but things like Earth Work Jim, Bevis and Butthead, Road Rash, and Toe Jam and Earl shined on the Genesis.

Snes:
youtu.be/Ys8bXY3YEVY

Genisis:
youtu.be/bK-ac_0KoxE

SEga CD:
youtu.be/hkgSA9LFUro

CD wins by a mile but i prefer snes over genisis.

SEGA of course

all that space jazz

I can get behind that. It does kind of depend on who did the audio on each console too.

Well I'm game to start some big argument. I had both systems growing up and loved them both, but overall the SNES had better quality everything. Better music, better games.

Of course, the SNES had an unfair advantage all around because they had Squaresoft on their team. And to an RPG fan like myself, it was the only thing that mattered.

we had michael jackson

youtube.com/watch?v=jjgwVSDAmP4

Try having the Sega create this master piece

SNES, had a lot more games on it that are top tier, with amazing soundtracks,
Whereas say Sonic, had a handful of tracks that were amazing
The entire soundtracks of games were amazing in SNES

Lol.

the SNES theoretically could sample all the sounds from the genesis and play the same song

I'd like to add, that the Genesis came out first. Again.

It happened like this quite often, Sega always paved the way. Sega came out with the first console system, the Master System, then Nintendo improved on the idea.

Then Sega went 16bit, then Nintendo followed and improved on the idea.

Then Sega went CD, the system flopped and Nintendo learned it's lesson, came out with the 64 instead.

Eventually Sony went CD, Microsoft joined in, Nintendo added the GameCube to the fray.

Etc, etc. Sega paved the way so many times and lost out due to a combination of not having enough games and having to fight the competition improving on their advances.

I remember having an old Commodore 64, and Sega Master System controllers used to work on that thing because Sega started in the video game world LONG before Nintendo ever came about.

That being said, Nintendo's improvements were really good. They deserved to win the fight.

well i do agree the SNES sound chip is better
the genesis was not dealt a fair hand when it came to composing GEMS was the go to tool and that more so than not suboptimal results

with some of the tools around to day some one just might make a good genesis version you never know

This

>Then Sega went CD, the system flopped and Nintendo learned it's lesson, came out with the 64 instead.
Actually they didn't and ended up fucking themselves badly in the long run.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_NES_CD-ROM

let me reiterate.

Michael
J
a
c
k
s
o
n

I forgot to mention that Sega's Dreamcast was a fucking amazing system. But even that died off because of poor advertising and a lack of games.

The Dreamcast was at the time the hands down finest system on the market.

Weren't Genesis catridges able to hold more sound samples than SNES ones?

explain why? i have one and i have a ps1 and n64 that where out at the time and i dont see how its better than ps1

n64 is a piece of shit and can fuck off

correct

When you talk about possibilities you can't ask "what one" .
Either you say which one or what had.

Ceasing being a grammar bitch Mega drive for the win

get the fuck out of here you bearded bastard

go to Cuba you're spanish cuck

youtube.com/watch?v=AiOSZ_Q9zig

for me snes, bc of SF 2

>Sega came out with the first console system, the Master System, then Nintendo improved on the idea.
What? That's just false. Famicom came out in '83, Master System in '85.

Wow... Sega fanboys are really hardcore autistic.

I'll be brief: you're factually incorrect on many of the points that are clearly influencing your opinions. You should consider this an opportunity to learn and adjust your world view accordingly.

SNES music sounds like its underwater or in a room behind a wall most of the time
Genesis music sounds like farts.

Even then they weren't the first console systems. I don't know what that guy was going on about.