youtube.com/watch?v=WS6-vI70oc0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It starts, and ends, with Manowar.

This.

just listen to rap instead

listen to some death metal when you're pissed

start here

Listen to system of a down slipknot and Korn

To answer that question OP, I need to first know what kind of mainstream/radio rock and heavy metal you were exposed to as a child that you remember enjoying the most. I also need to know how you see yourself in the social hierarchy (both now and as a child/adolescent), whether you identify as an introvert or extrovert, how seriously you take music critics, a list of all current and past medications you've been on, and how you perceive your attention span to be. Once you've provided that information, we can proceed proceed from there.

First five sabbath records+ this chart

(When I say sabbath I mean black sabbath obviously)

We got that.

Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Iron Maiden - number of The Beast
Metallica - Ride the Lightning

give a dedicated listen to those..think about what you like & don't like..
come back for recs

do you like riffs, speed, anthemic lyrics, dark subjects, spacey or crisp production etc

Listen to this. I listened to it when I was 9 and now I'm a full on metalhead

I recommend Dragonforce. Try Fury of the Storm, through the fire and flames. If they are too fast for you then start listening to Bling Guardian. If you don't like the fantasy theme at all then I can't help you. Maybe listen to some Maiden idk. Oh and btw I never liked those "metal classics" they are just boring in my opinion but never ever criticize them because everyone will go nuts and tell you to fuck off

*Blind Guardian

>Bling Guardian

top kek

TIME WHAT IS TIME

dont

Listen to the classics, then venture forth

ON OUR QUEST FOR TANELORN

trve males start with Von

obvious start

youtube.com/watch?v=WS6-vI70oc0

Start with system of a down then go to slipknot

Listen to toxicity

Do not get into metal through charts or what people recommend you.
Take a look at the subgenres find the one you like best then explore it yourself through metalarchives, rym or whatever.