Whats the best way to learn another language Sup Forums?

Whats the best way to learn another language Sup Forums?
Particulary German.

Go there for 6 months. You'll be 100% fluentby the end of it

Shit, I fucked up,

>pic not related

I live by the border with Germany and going there is not really an option now so I am looking for other ways.

No you won't

>Whats the best way to learn another language Sup Forums?

duolingo.
and memrise.

School

They dub everything. Download movies, series. Watch with english subs. After a while you will start to get the words.

On the other hand, when i was there trying to watch tv in my hotel room i got really sick of it.. simpsons/family guy in german gets so fucking odd.

depends

Iam German. Its fucking difficult.
I learned English while i translated poems and lyrics. And Norwegian while reading comics, books and listen to songs and talk to the people in the local pub
Next thing I will learn is Spanish or France

Read "Mein Kampf"

Uh, yes it is retard. I'm fluent in Arabic, French, German, and Spanish because I studied abroad in various countries

Live the language! Thats the important thing. Dont learn it, only that you can say it you can talk it.
You must become the language

Rosetta Stone.
The only language software with TruAccent™ — the world's best speech recognition technology.
The most trusted language solution for 25 years is now accessible on any device, from anywhere in the world.

OP here, I just tried out memrise and it does not really seem that bad.

Watch quality german TV. I recommend the RTL and RTL2 tv channels as they have incredible and authentic german lifestyle series. Its a must see also to get a view inside progressive german lifestyle. After one week of continuous watching those channels mentioned - RTL and RTL2 you will not only improve in quality german language conversations but also get in touch with the nation of ubermensch. You will love it i guarantee you that

watch with subtitles on?

>choose something you like doing
>then do it in german
>profit

Games, TV, Books ect preferably somthing with written text cause sometimes its hard to hear what has been said

Yea

Duolingo

Each person has their own 'best' way, it depends on what kind of learner you are.

Best technique for me is to surround yourself with it as much as possible. Watch your favorite movies/tv shows, listen to songs, read books, etc. all in that language, but don't forget to memorize the basics as much as you can.

Good luck!

This

Someone I know basically did it like a kid would learn. Started with nursery rhymes in English and German and worked up from there.

Why would you want to learn krautsound and text? Its a dying language

english subtitles if that's my native language? or german

Try a german concentration camp

how is that not an option if youre right by the border?

Lol

DuoLingo is a good free program
if you know any native German speakers spend time with them while they're speaking German
subscribe to a German newspaper
watch shows in German and/or with German subtitles
read German books
on the last 2 focus on shows/books that you have watched/read in your native language

Still studying and I cannot afford (money wise and time wise) to fuck off to Germany for 6 months.

Then study there instead. No longer wasting time and you want to learn the language so the money investment is worth

if youre right by the border why cant you fuck off to germany for the afternoon or a couple days?

Try to say ordinary sentences what u usually say in german.

you do not learn by melting in.

then you need to learn the mechanic of the german language, that is, the 130 grammar point and then vocabulary, or whatever the spelling of words is.

He's fucking with you. Just watch your favorite movies in German with subtitles on. I'm half American half German, my dad has been living in Germany for 5 years and was stationed in schweinfurt for 3 years about 27 years ago and still can't speak it without problems. Plus there are so many accents and dialekts. I grew up in america and speak German perfectly and I can't understand half the shit the people in Bavaria say.

You mean french

I forgot to say, studying HS (soon 20y), no money whatsoever.

Not really good at socializing and besides that, waht would I do there? Shop? I would have to do that frequently to learn something and I do not really have the money to drive there every week or so, taht is why I am trying to find other ways of learning, English was easy for me but idk if it will be the same for German.

To be fair, 90% of Germany can’t understand half the shit people in Bavaria say.

Well half the US can't understand people from the south and I can't understand Boston accents for shit

Mom's from bamberg, so I understand some stuff, but if I drive down to bumfuck Bavaria, yeah no clue. Went to school there, and uni in Munich. Thank god all masters courses are in english

I actually understand all American accents, army brat obviously so lived pretty much everywhere. Georgia, New York, Maryland and North Carolina, haven't met anyone where I have massive probs

Euro/DACH fag here, I have the same problem with English. US is fine, even the Deep South, but Irish and Scottish is fucking horrible. You just can’t decipher what these cunts are saying half the time. Same with ‘stralian to some extent.

what the fuck? South Germany is beautiful if you love the outdoors.