Is rap forever gonna be the mainstream music?

Is rap forever gonna be the mainstream music?

No.

People will get sick of it like people got sick of Disco

No and trap has 2 years left tops

Yes

Rap, more like Crap

rap isn't mainstream dude, pop and EDM is

I highly doubt it. It's already kind of stale with the mumble rap/trap/meme rap fad being a few years old now. What direction can rap go from here? Death Grips?

Idk these things come in waves remember rock/dance pop was dominant in the 90s rap was big but definitely 2nd place until the early 2000s. then rap started taking over rock in the 2000s becoming the big thing and by the late 2000s rock disappeared from top 40 radio almost entirely. then edm started creeping in and now it's like half rap half edm. rap's going to hit that wall and get replaced by something else as the dominant genre and circle of life continues

I feel like its rap is gonna go through its phase like rock were it becomes heavier before falling off and getting replaced by a new trend.

No. When whites are minority in US we can listen to something else.

Like Mac Demarco ripoffs, country, buttrock, and vaporwave. White music is a joke dude.

Fuck no.

>Is rock forever gonna be the mainstream music
WHY IS Sup Forums THE ONLY BOARD THAT BANS THESE FUCKING FROGPOSTING RETARDS HOLY SHIT

Will we ever see another Oasis?

I'm so fucking tired of trap music hopefully it dies off fast

No. Just like hip hop did to rock, something else is gonna come along and overtake hip hop as the dominant musical genre in our culture. Hopefully hip hop heads don't get as butthurt over it as rock fans do now. Rock music could be the best it's ever been if the rock/metal community stopped getting mad at hip hop and pop for having a wider fanbase

This.

What about metal? Isn't that like, the whitest genre?

Three songs in the Billboard Top 10 are hip hop (and a fourth song is an R&B song by an artist that's mostly known for hip hop) but OK

True, Metal is trash. I think about metal so little I missed it.

How the fuck do you figure anyone's mad about it?
Nobody has ever given a shit what genre is currently mainstream, you like what you like.

Ask the big labels not us?

Have you ever talked to a metalhead?

>Nobody has ever given a shit what genre is currently mainstream, you like what you like.

ARE YOU SERIOUS NIGGA?

and all those guys that only know mainstream music complaining "music was better at my era"

>and all those guys that only know mainstream music complaining "music was better at my era"

They only know mainstream music, thats different.

If you think the songs that became mainstream music at one point of time are 97%+ of what exist, of course you will complain about current music if you hate current mainstream music, because almost literally the entire music world (97%+) is turning into shit

Yes, and none of them gave a shit. Why would they?
Honestly, does it really break anyone's heart that hit radio isn't playing your stuff? Why would anyone care?
That response is because a lot of people don't like rap. The exact same shit has been said about literally any genre that became a popular fad.

REGGAETON AND LATINO MUSIC WILL BE THE NEW TREND, MARK MY WORDS

Fucking kill me

>Honestly, does it really break anyone's heart that hit radio isn't playing your stuff?
>Why would anyone care?

I wasn't considering plebs in my argument. That user has a good point, though.

How will the nu-males even survive?

>actual talent with instruments is trash
>better spout senseless shit into a mic with premade beats and call it a masterpiece
I hate teenagers so much

>talent
>play really fast and scream unintelligible shit about lord odin for 10 minutes
lmao go shave the neckbeard

By that logic, you should love The Roots. They might be a hip hop band, but they use actual instruments and have a lot of socially conscious (i.e. not senseless) lyrics

>with premade beats

most vocals are just overdubbed, far from exclusive to rap music lmao

Is that why Neilson's ratings show that rap is the biggest genre now?

Death Grips already has mainstream influence. Yeezus and XXXTentacion are huge. Its effectively the beginning of rap's metal/grunge phase. Who knows, it might not find innovation after that and can die out in the exact way rock did.