Name a better album ever

Name a better album ever.
>No gay ass rap, country, or anything newer. >Automatically invalid.

Oh god please go back to r*ddit. It's for your own good.

I bet that's your stupid faggot dads favorite album

kys nu-male

Never used reddit once in my life. No thankyou.

Makes me think you don't even have one lol. But, no it isn't. I've acquired a taste for actual music with real talent on my own. Next.

I never said I didn't like rush (i don't), I was telling you to go back to r*ddit because you fell for the r*ddit meme of dismissing entire genres and even "newer stuff". In fact, if anyone's a nu-male here, it's you. Older country is one of the manliest genres there is.

Rush's music doesn't feel genuine next to their technicality, which is overemphasized. Take Freewill for example. Can't even listen to that song. It just feels like math over a sort of Lydian mode. No interesting musical ideas or feelings

Would be much better with different vocals

>I only listen to music that takes real talent

I bet you're literally 12 years old. Actual music fans don't care about how much "talent" went into the music they like. Don't worry, one day you'll grow out if this phase.

The music's good, but ugh the lyrics, get that whiny libertarian Ayn Rand-esque shit outta here

>I n-never been to reddit!!
>reddit spacing

I just personally don't like anything too new. Just my taste. What happens to be yours? Show me an album m8.

Wow that was easy

Ez one

Interesting...have you listened to every album? I find their technicality and pure incredible musicianship unmatchable.

Ah a geddy voice hater lol. Understandable though.

Bro I'm 20. You are correct but, explain to me how a multi layered repetitive beat created on a computer, is any sort of talent. I just prefer real instruments.

Lol. Fair, but try listening to subdivisions. Very good imo.

The doors, good but not every track on that album was godly.

Ah....good but just not literal creative gold.

Why would the release date determine the quality of a song? What defines "new"? Where's the threshold? If you heard a song you really liked and then discovered later that it was very newly released, would it suddenly not be good?

Why would talent matter? You aren't a fucking X Factor judge. If a song sounds good, then it's good, regardless of how much talent went into it's production.

>Name a better album ever.
>>No gay ass rap, country, or anything newer. >Automatically invalid.
"Yeah, I listen to everything except country and rap."

Stop

Spacing

In

Your

Favourite

Page

That

You

Have

Never

Been

To.

>I listen to everything but rap and country

Oh fuck off OP.

I've heard most of the early stuff through Moving Pictures. It just seems like for the sake of what would otherwise be good songs, they have to somehow incorporate unusual time signatures or make a spectacle of a grandiose style and suite-like songs to the point where it starts feeling inhuman. They do these things alright, not saying that everyone should avoid these things at all costs.

The last two tracks on Moving Pictures are just as effective as Tom Sawyer and Limelight to me (honestly even more effective than Limelight to me, fuck that song). Sidenote: If you change the instrument timbres of Vital Signs, it could easily sound like a song by The Police.

You have never explored and developed your taste in music. I know this because you set an arbitrary cutoff for when music stops being good and make blanket statements like "everything except rap and country." That and you don't seem to think electronic music requires talent lmao. Hell, I don't even think you've even tried to explore prog. If you like the prog/hard rock combo, Red by King Crimson does everything Rush tried to do but better.

Not OP, Rush is my favorite band but I'd certainly never say that Moving Pictures is the best album ever.

Hemispheres, 2112, A Farewell to Kings, Grace Under Pressure, and Permanent Waves are all better. Moving Pictures just has all of those classic rock radio hits on it and it's horribly overrated because of that

>Red by King Crimson does everything Rush tried to do but better
this desu

underrated post
this is honestly a great album

This post's genius will not be understood by all

Pisspoor example, m8. That's one of their most accessible songs

You might prefer Signals and the albums afterwards then.
I can dig this.
I'm sick to death of Tom Sawyer but the rest of the album still moves me.

Have a cigar.

it's literally a nigger holding an acoustic guitar you can guess the genre just by that

Summers almost over kids. Go outside or something

anything by Magma, Gentle Giant, Genesis, Yes, King Crimson - Rush is poser radio prog