ONE

Equal

Kilogramme of steel
because steel is heavier than feathers

i got one for you...

Wahta

what'd you mean

They're both heavier.

This. Steel is heavy metal. Feathers are very light. Therefore, the steel would be heavier.

>kilogram of x
>kilogram of y
which is heavier user

a kilogramme of your mother

Weak troll. No one can be this stupid. Not even on Sup Forums of all places.

i hope your joking

newfag

Go pick up a feather, go pick up a piece of steel. You tell me which is heavier.

A kilogram of DIAMOND! It's the hardest metal, after all.

The way you've wrongly spell Kilogram makes me uncomfortable.

CZECHM8

No they weigh exactly the same they both weigh 1 kg or 2.20462 pounds its just that steel has a higher density than feathers. this video shows and explains it youtube.com/watch?v=yuOzZ7dnPNU

Actually, kilograms are a unit of density which is dependent on volume.
If you had said pounds, they would be equal. But they really aren't.

WRONG.

You're actually correct.

Depends on X and Y.
Now gather around children and let me explain.

Kilogram is a unit of MASS
Weight is a unit of FORCE. or more accurately, NET FORCE on the surface (the pressure plate of weights for example)

1 Kilogram of feather would likely generate less net force on the surface due to the fact it displaces more air, generating buoyancy. Additionally displaced air caused changes in air pressure which can cause even more lift on the aerodynamic feather, generating more upwards force and diminishing the net downwards force.

It'mme metricmme. Everythingmme ismme spelledmme thatmme waymme.

kek

my nigga, since steel is heavier, it takes less of it to make a kilogram. Since feathers are much, much lighter, it takes much much more to make a kilogram

Nonetheless, both are kilograms. They are equal

>feeding the troll and i know it

LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT THAT'S CHEATING

1kg of steel is heavier
takes some basic physics to explain

>kg is a unit of mass
>heavy is a description of weight

steel is denser than feathers therefore it displaces less air (feathers are more buoyant in air than steel) therefore

>the wight of 1kg of steel is 1kg x g - the wight of the volume of air displaced
>the wight of 1kg of feathers is 1kg x g - the wight of the volume of air displaced

shit, you were faster than me!

cheque em

But that video's bullshit. They used a tiny little thing of steel and that whole big bag of feathers. If they used the same amount, the steel would be heavier.

Now, all joking aside, CAN you pick up a kilogram of feathers? Are they bundled? compressed? in a bag? Is it from a Roc?
Is the steel in a bag? bar weight form? Is IT from a Roc? Wait, Rocs like gems... Is the DIAMOND in a bag?
I don't think you've given us enough information to answer honestly.

That whole Limmy video is depressing. The guy was right, he even mention the size which is what makes the feathers weight actually less.

But everybody is acting towards him like he's a fucking retard. And that condescending "Dont worry about it" at the end. Jesus I want to punch that fucker.

like you're gonna find the perfect combination of real feathers that weigh in at exactly 2.20462 lbs?

you can't practically do that, so practically speaking a kilogram of feathers does not exist, therefore thread is right

metal wins

Well, I mean yeah, if it was like a GIANT feather, I could maybe see if being heavier than the steel. Like... if it was from that movie Honey I Shrunk the Kids. Oh, shit! Did y'all niggers see that movie? That was a good fucking movie. Rick Moranis is the shit!

Great bait

>transient changes in aerodynamics overcomes gravity from the planet

lolno

why is this bait? it's a legitimate concern

and you're saying you'd be able to fashion a piece of steel that's EXACTLY 1kg, without the slightest deviation even on a nanoscale?

I didnt say the feather would overcome gravity. I am saying that a it will generate a little bit of lift that will decrease the net force applied on the scales.

Yeah, because you can just cut the steel into whatever size you need.

they do it all the time in precision labs. They knock off individual molecules with lasers.

mon guys

someone figure this out
the shape of the world depends on it

Yeah, you just need really small scissors.

everyone knows the world is a four-sided pyramid you twat

We all already know the earth is flat. It's a scientifically proven fact.

I thought it was a Toroidal recursive 5th dimensional form that presents as a sphere when viewed in 3 dimensions?

the world isn't flat you idiot, because things are in THREE dimensions. that means the earth has a veeeeery small height of about 1 inch.

what shape is the flat earth though? circle? square? triangle? hexagon?

Well, I mean it's flat in the sense that it isn't speherical like some retards say. I mean, have you walked around outside? The ground is flat, not round. If it was round, you'd always be falling down.

There are many theories as to what shape the earth is. It could be a square, a circle, a triangle, who knows? We've never seen it since we've obviously never been to space (NASA is an obvious hoax, and I actually do t think space actually exists), so we can only conjecture. Me, personally, I believe that the earth is a mass of flat land in roughly the same shape as James Franco's head.

>this thread

i once heard someone say that the earth is an "oblate spheroid" once... what kind of dumb science mumbo jumbo is that? do they just make up words to try to confuse us?

It's obviously flat. I mean, how could you even walk if it was round? You ever tried to stand on one of those exercise balls they have at the gym? It's fucking hard. If the earth is round like those dumbasses think, why is walking around so easy?

Kek

>trusting archimedes

fools

Archimedes made a death ray. Did you make a death ray? You didn't? Then shut the fuck up.

If you call Earth "oblate spheroid," doesn't that just mean it hangs 'round the church all the time?

hey man, don't talk that smack at me, i have a theoretical degree in physics

I think so. I dunno, man. These scientists pretty just make shit up all the time. Like global warming. Are you kidding me? Why is there still snow then? Do they think we're idiots?

Steel.

A steel is heavier than a feather. If you drop a feather and a steel, the steel will hit the ground before the feather. So a steel.

Shit, my bad! Please don't use your death ray on me!

Yeah, and if you hit someone with a steel bar, you could kill them, if you hit someone with a feather, nothing happens.

Actually, you could kill the feather.

What kind of swallow?

Also a steel can support a building, can you say the same for a feather?

I want to believe you're a troll, but given the fact I know some people who would say the same thing seriously makes me afraid that you might be one of them.

a swallow that goes by the name of Raymond Luxury Yatch (pronounced 'Throatwobbler Mangrove')

Exactly. You ever see a building made of feathers? The three little pigs made their house out of straw, sticks, and brick. They didn't make a house out of feathers, because vein pigs know that feathers are not an appropriate material for building structures.

but if you hit someone with a piece of steel the size of a small feather, you probably wouldn't do anything to them either

But seriously, if you could get a feather to hit someone like a piece of steel, it would have to be moving so fast that the drag wouldn't stop its acceleration toward a face to achieve contact.

Which means you've now launched a feather fast enough to overcome the drag it generates, which means it is moving fast enough to maybe embed itself in someone's skin, or eye.

Heavier typically implies weight, so, if their relative gravity is different they may weigh different amounts.

Can you imagine if a pig used a steel to make a building? The wolf would probably be blown away by their engineering prowess and no longer desire to eat a pig.

I have a steel knife not much bigger than a feather. If I hit you with that, I bet it'll do some damage.

Checkmate atheists!

i have a gun that shoots feathers, let's meet at the flagpole after school and we'll see who's right

True. Can you imagine if that wolf showed up and there's like a fucking skyscraper there? That wolf'd be like "holy shit!" and take the fuck off.

Point is, if pigs can figure out not to make feather houses, I think people should know better.

Steel is heavier.

Even if they're exactly in the exact same gravity, there can still be other forces which makes weight different.

The kilogram of steel. They are the same weight, but the steel is literally more dense, so it's harder to lift.

I am literally listening to Death Grips right now.

well don't you want the house to not be too heavy so it doesn't come crashing down on you? and we build houses out of steel and not feathers, so... it probably is because if the steel fell on you, it'd be lighter than the feathers falling on you. so you can't rule out that feathers might be heavier.

Jet Fuel Cleans Molts from Sea Birds

I certainly don't want a house made from a feather, it would blow away because a wind is heaver than a feather. I would way rather have a house made from a steel. A steel is way heavier than a wind.

I... had not considered this. This throws my entire worldview into question. I must sit a while and think on this.

maybe you jsut haven't seen a heavy enough wind, like a hurricanado

The first thing we have to do when searching for the truth is to challenge our assumptions.

Wow those are two huge cocks

Looks like a correct spelling to me

youtube.com/watch?v=yuOzZ7dnPNU

serious question for metric system users: when you talk about something's weight, do you refer to the it's mass in kilograms, or it's weight in newtons?

>let's meet at the flagpole after school
Spotted the irl oldfag. Many lessons were learned under that flagpole.

Remember the day the janitor would go on the roof and throw all the tennis balls down? We used to wait and as soon as he threw the balls down, we'd throw them back up and try to hit him. One time, a kid pegged him in the head as he was climbing down and he fell off the ladder and had to miss like 6 weeks of work.

That was a good day.

Feathers
How you measure bunch of feather
They'll fly away
So you put it inside container
1kg feather+container=1kg+ >1kg steel

But what if you're not using a single piece of steel? What it's it's steel powder, or a bunch of steel bolts or something? Then you'd need to put the steel in a container, too. So you'd have 1k of feathers + 1k of container, and 1k of steel + 1k of container, but then the steel is still heavier because the steel is heavier than the feathers.

Steel powder dont fly away

Sure it could. And you couldn't just pour it on the scale, some would fall off. You'd need to put it in a container of some sort.

If fall off, you can always pick it up again
But if fly away, its gone forever

Steel is more dense so steel

Your brain is dense
Read here

This. Flying type is not very effective against Steel. Steel win every tiem.

You probably get ripped off every time you buy drugs.

You never play J-rpg have you?