djtguide.neocities.org/

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t2NccwTDuXA
sinosplice.com/life/archives/2016/08/25/what-80-comprehension-feels-like
sljfaq.org/afaq/manyougana-table.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_kana_orthography
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is an actual book that existed at some point in History.
And it's not satirical either.

This is making my head hurt to read.

>(N.B.-This is purely a legal technicality)

It is satirical, but it's describing a real dialec.t

I don't understand.

Is there an easy way to specify in Anki how many cards I want to learn for the day?

Like if I want to bump it up a few, or if I just want to do my reviews and not learn anything new that day?

yes

Set the daily amount in the deck options.
Add extra cards just for one day with the Custom Study button.

Click on the deck options, set new cards/day to whatever you wish.

bump

Anyone can make it if they put the effort in. You're not born with willpower anymore than weight lifters somehow pop out of their mothers already jacked up and with massive muscles on their tiny little bodies. You develop willpower by forcing yourself to do something even when you don't feel like doing it. That's all it is.

Aw shit, 12/20 of my daily words have no sample sentences over Tatoeba, here I go grope in the dark over yourei..

Holy shit, newfag. This was news 2 years ago in /djt/.

Why are we still here in Sup Forums with these faggots?

Do these people even know the doorknob meme?

Is anyone in this thread still here from 2015?

I love you support-kun!

Hey, look. It's the same poster with the same image bragging about being an "oldfag" again.
What a cock-owie yahrow.

>2015

Shit, I had to check the date to make sure it wasn't still 2015. Is this oldfag now?

I haven't been here in months, so if someone else is doing that I think that's great!

Fuck you, fake Japan friend!

Yes. Welcome to the age of millennials. 9/10 of these cucks have never seen a CD.

Fuck no. Stop devaluing the time I've spent here!

>I haven't been here in months
Then why on earth did you come back if all you're going to do is complain?

Let's get back to learning, tomod8.

>what the hell, am I the only one here who hasn't learned Japanese?!

Why is it I can remember 蛋白質 3 months after, but fail at a mature card like 半年 or 商人?

The human brain is mysterious.

Jesus fuck kill yourself, not even joking
>tomod8
I shouldn't love that word as much as I do.

protein was more 'important' to your brain at that time, and you didn't forget the others, just failed them in isolation
I feel like had you been reading a story that used 半年 or 商人 in correct context then your brain would have much less trouble trying to consciously drag the definitions out.

He obviously posts in /fit/.

Will formal classes with a structured JLPT system along other students help me get fluent at understanding the language (listening/reading)?

I've been self studying for a little over a year now but can't really read much aside from super basic elementary level stuff and I'm getting a bit discouraged.

What have you read
How much have you read

>I've been self studying for a little over a year now but can't really read much aside from super basic elementary level stuff
How is this possible? What have you been doing?

>reading a story
Nope. I got them wrong specifically because the pronunciation was off. Getting toshi/nen or getsu/tsuki wrong in cards that are over 1y mature really grinds me gears.
I'm even thinking about playing some VN just so I can get the reading+listening combo experience. I hate VNs...

Can't learn Japanese without steroids, brah.

For those of you who still give a shit about Dogen, he uploaded a new episode
youtube.com/watch?v=t2NccwTDuXA
I already added it to the playlist on the Resources page.

You don't need classes, you need to read. 1+ hour every day, native content, no textbook bullshit. Don't give up because it's hard.

I wish he would drop this chiptune sound that goes in-between lessons, it makes me very inclined to kicking a baby.

>I'm even thinking about playing some VN just so I can get the reading+listening combo experience. I hate VNs...
Too bad they're great for that combo. I've found myself skipping a lot if they say it faster than the text appears and it's quite obvious what they said.
gains of all kinds are welcome

Hello island barbarians and their fetishists.

Why are you learning devolved ghetto hanzi?
Why not just learn Chinese? The people are more civilized, happier, and humane.
Japanese are barbaric island people with a sad impersonal culture.

China is magnanimity.

I shouldn't even be taking such obvious bait, but
>Chinese
>civilized or happy in any way
C'mon.

There's a reason Sup Forums hates you.

>The people

Me? As in, Sup Forums hates me as a person in particular? Man, I must have done something right to earn so much hate from the worst shithole on the internet (Outside reddit).

lol, I'm sure Japanese culture has more dignity left than China does.
He's talking about your flag, アルゼンチンさん.

>devolved ghetto hanzi
Funny you'd say that, seeing how hanzi have been simplified way more than Japanese.

>马
Disgusting.

I learned chinese and with pretty much no effort i got like 5 girls wanting me to come visit them and fuck them

Your mother and her multiple personality disorder don't count

this isn't really surprising

the first has only one way to pronounce it. something like たんはくしつ or たんぱくしち sounds extremely unnatural if you are used to how kanji usually fit together. Meanwhile like 半年 could easily be はんねん and 商人 could easily be しょうじん (and by the way both しょうにん and あきんど are correct)

neah I'm serious, japanese girls are overvalued and chinese girls are undervalued, due to a combination of anime making japanese a more popular language, and there just being so many chinese. So if you make a profile on hellotalk or something youll almost never get japanese people proactively messaging you unless you are actively posting moments. But with mandarin you get like 2-3 a day just by being online for a couple hours during china hours. Filter out the attractive ones, talk to them for a bit, and a couple are bound to like you enough to want to visit.

Good luck when your girl metamorphosizes into a fat menopausic woman at 40.

that's like every race tho

This, though it does seem to happen more instantaneously with Asian races.

First mature card reviewed for this vocab deck. Feels good man.
Also, this a cool phrase/word/thing: 十重二十重

が、がんばります!

Remember, remember: that we, wi, ye, yi and, the holiest of all, wu, are all real kana.

And I shall use them in real writing, and I shall be better than everybody.

Looks like a manuscript from when kana wasn't fully developed, since yi and ye look like scribbles, と looks really weird, and the ん isn't even there.

ヱオン

Just use manyougana
於万恵波耳本牟己加天伎那以

Nah, the kana are way cuter.

>Looks like a manuscript from when kana wasn't fully developed
But, they had all of the katakana already fully-developed at the same time, too.

So ye became e in katakana?

Also, where's ん and ン?

連伎之天伎耳波、万牟衣不加那能波有加計不美不加以止於毛比万須

ん was originally written as む, or sometimes う or い, or even left out completely for the reader to infer through context.

Yes, but that was a phonetic development. 'e' became unnecessary after 'ye' became 'e', so they just removed it.

And the 'n's aren't in it because it'd be stupid to make an 80% blank column, now, wouldn't it?

I can't understand what you're getting at
stap
and translate, if you would

之不牟天耶連

Why did you even learn to write like that
Like, I'm sure it consumed considerable time

It'd be even dumber to omit a character just because a column would be mostly empty. It'd be like removing elements from the periodic table just because there's empty space. seems like a sufficient explanation.

I agree; I've just never learned/heard of what he'd said before.

literally all you have to do is look up that image (いろは) and use that exact correspondence and you too can look like a faggot

I'm not giving up because it's hard, I'm feeling discouraged because no matter how much I read my comprehension level is pretty low aka I can read shit but I can't understand what I'm reading. Every sentence feels like deciphering a puzzle and I'm beginning to think there's something innately wrong with me.

www.わからん

憶磨弊迦南

万都太久、子用我久世伊八左伊古宇陀是
まったく、小学生は最高だぜ

sinosplice.com/life/archives/2016/08/25/what-80-comprehension-feels-like

It IS a puzzle, but don't let that stop you. If you stop climbing up the steep slope, you'll start sliding toward the bottom again. One step at a time, keep the momentum going.

>小
世宇、勢有など
>高
可有、迦于など
万葉仮名を使うなら、ちゃんと歴史的仮名遣いにしましょう

Bit too much investment for a once off shitpost, to be です。

いやつかうな
万葉仮名使ってる時点でもうダメだ

omoshintersting(´・ω・`)

I don't understand manyougana and I don't know what you're all talking about and I'm scared
help

>yamate kudyastop
Kenya not.

日本人でも読めないから知らなくても問題ないと思う

Aight then, but still: is this something that people actually have to spend time learning, or are they just bullshitting it?

You don't really need to know anything about it to understand modern Japanese, if that's what you're asking.
You'd only study something like that if you were interested in the history of the language.

you have to practice if you want to read it easily but here you can usually guess most of it because it's always crappy djt memes and the kanji choices aren't completely random.

The people typing it are just bullshitting it or literally looking it up while writing.

>The people typing it are just bullshitting it or literally looking it up while writing.
That's what I was asking; thank you.

>or literally looking it up while writing
I used these pages:
sljfaq.org/afaq/manyougana-table.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_kana_orthography
(´・ω・`)

How important is it to practice writing? I mostly just practice my listening and reading skills with the hope that once I'm able to read well enough, writing will just come with it. Is this true or no? Should I write a little bit every day beyond the practice sentences I do when learning grammar?

If you look at two slightly similar kanji next to each other for 5 seconds, then look away, can you describe how they are different? If not, do more writing practice. If yes, then writing practice is only important for actually writing.

Maybe I should write a script to convert both ways.

That was a surprisingly good example.

The 80% paragraph made me feel like I was having a stroke. Point well made.

As long as you're okay never having any small tsu or tenten when you convert back

By 90% it tends to be pretty easy to read with a dictionary though fortunately

For っ and しょう, I picked one of the apparently used kanji and kana combinations before picking the kanji.
>まったく、しょう→まつたく、しよ
Not historically correct, no doubt.

What's the best way to start memorizing Kanji?
I know maybe 40 or so so far, and I think I need to start getting my shit together.
Any program or page I could use? I was thinking about going at 5 kanji per day.

it would just become まつたく さう

しょう is せう

yeah that shit
too much not studying japanese is starting to take its toll

Anki, read the guide.

Depends on whether or not you want to write. Listening and reading improve comprehension but writing/speaking won't as much. It's different skill.

What do the "again" "good" and "easy" buttons do?
I studied the first 20 cards and I knew all of them already, so I kept clicking good. I assume I have to click easy if I already got them?

You click "easy" if the card is something you already know, like "sword" is a type of melee weapon with a long bladed edge and a short handle.

Exactly what it means. Easy if its something easy to you. Good if you're right but not as easy and Again if you fail to recall the words.
And yeah, if you already know the word, just click easy, don't waste time doing it again.

> mfw you learn the word anki in anki and forget it a week later because the kanji are unfamiliar to you

lookin' good

>keep getting mixed up on similar-looking words like 車道、道路、歩道・下げる、下り、下る、下がる、下ろす
>56% correct rate in today's reviews+new cards