Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P8lOpbz2BmM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

there is only one true aoty at this juncture

what album is on the right of arca?

Albur! - The Vindication of Zero

Idles - Brutalism was so fucking good, AOTY for me

Lovin World Eater. It's such a strange album but so well put together
Shout out Moon Duo and Kairon IRSE. Didn't make my top but definitely good albums. Occult was a small improvement on their 2015 work. Honestly I preferred Ujaba or whatever it was a lot to the new one though
I just couldn't get into that Mt Eerie album. The timing of the lyrics and the instumentals was so off, which I'm sure was part of the concept but it didn't set right with me, and the melodies weren't too interesting. Slowdive was good but probably their worst, not that that says too much

Why are people liking the new FF album? I think it's overrated as hell. I mean, Helplessness Blues is one of the greatest records to drop this decade but Crack Up just comes off as indulgent and dull

Is melodrama actually any good?

these are the only ones that come close to being aoty for me, anticipating they'll change with some of the albums coming out soon though

What's that dog/whatever mouth album?

wow I'm fucking stupid
youtube.com/watch?v=P8lOpbz2BmM

Cool thanks

apty is currently a battle betweeen:

tyler's flower boy
lil b's black ken
the ily's bodyguard
and the big walnuts yonder album

Overall, respect the list. Been meaning to listen to Jesca's album after I enjoyed her collab with Iron and Wine. Hang was dope, and I find All American Badass to be a little dull and disappointing compared to Bada$$, whic I liked a lot

You like it?

Haven't actually given it a listen yet desu. Will in a few minutes though.

this was actually the first Joey Bada$$ album I listened to, and what I found the most impressive were his lyrics, not necessarily the subject itself, but the fact that they were very direct and to the point. He's one of the few rappers whose lyrics I can understand without looking them up. And I'll definitely listen to his older stuff at some point.

All of you guys are fucking wrong, make way for the true AOTY.

sup reddit

>b-b-but it's not muh nighop
No, you are the reddit

Sup tasteless pleb

Oh aight, well then check out his debut Bada$$ and his 1999 mixtape. You'd probably enjoy them a lot more. The subject matter is a little less cliche and the lyrics are just as good if not better.
>one of the few whose lyrics I can understand without looking them up

Do you not listen to much hip hop? I could give you some solid boom bap recs from more coherent artists because it sounds like you've listened to a lot of ignant xanned out coon rap if you couldn't understand them

World Eater and Forget are overrated imo

I like Saturation but the new singles are blowing it out the water, especially Junky damn

World Eater is a masterpiece

I like the bleakness of Thin Black Duke but it's not the sheer upside down chaos of albums like King Of The Jews that I enjoy a lot more. 7/10 Kinda reminds me of a less discomforting Dub Housing

plz remind me middle and right

good taste

What's the first album, with the snowy houses?

>im uploading the aoty now user

what's the one above Arca?

The brand new Brand New album should be in the top 5 but I'm too lazy to change it

Well I'm not a native English speaker, and O'm also a girl, so that probably contributes to not being that interested in it. The first hip-hop album I listened to (except for Eminem's albums) was good kid, mad city. and that was really difficult to listen to and understand because of all the gangster stuff I knew very little about. I liked tbap a lot more.
But yeah, all recs would be appreciated.

Weimar Republican?

Science Fiction babyyyyy

Murder of the Universe, unironicly

I can understand that. Where are you native to? You should check out Talib Kweli, Mos Def- Black On Both Sides, maybe something a little slower like Boogie Down Productions, specifically Criminal Minded, Camp Lo- Uptown Saturday Night, and the Underachievers- Indigoism. All the rappers here enunciate well so it'll be a lot easier to hear them well.

doesn't sound like anything new to me.

Arca blew my mind, oneohtrix point never to a lesser degree. this feels chaotic but in a familiar way. like Oneohtrix covering Fuck Buttons.

the mystical, fairyland melodies are really pretty though, I'm a fan of the chord changes. I'd prefer if it were less abrasive/full on

nice

I'm Serbian, haven't found any domestic rap that's worthwhile. Though to be fair, it might be that I haven't looked hard enough.
And thanks for the recs, I've heard about a few of them, but haven't listened to yet.

idk Kevin Morby just isn't my thing. I liked Singing Saw alright but his music always just makes me really just wanna go listen to Bob Dylan instead. What made you enjoy Lana's album?
a lot of the same picks as me, and a lot that are in my 7's scores without quite making it to my chart. I was really impressed with Guerilla Toss's album. They're killer live too btw. I thought Grandaddy was broing as fuck, but I really enjoyed Halo, Drunk, This Old Dog, and First Opus. I should probably revisit Hot Thoughts. I loved Soul but this one just has made no impact on me so far

sure, and I don't know shit about Serbian rap haha mostly just american spanish and french

City Music was actually the first of Kevin Morby's albums I listened to, so I didn't really have such problems with him sounding like Dylan.
As for Lana I don't know, never been a big fan of Born to Die, but ever since Ultraviolence I'm hooked. Everything she does calms my mind, as stupid as that sounds.

Bleachers, really liked it first few times, now can't stand it, and I really dont know why, feels like it's trying too hard to be pop but you can tell that he can do way better

It's amazing

Nah I respect it. I can't stand Lana but there's plenty of shit along that vein like Lady Gaga that I thoroughly enjoy. I just think her voice sucks but that's just me. Singing Saw is definitely worth a shot if you're into him, and listen to Woods too if you haven't yet. Their a cool little folksy band. You'd probably enjoy City Eater in the River of Light

>all these brockhampton dick riders

Absolutely pathetic. They have about 4 good songs on that album. And that's it GOOD. Not very good just good.

that's just your opinion. And in regard to your opinion
>4/17 good songs
>good

what are the ones you like? I think HEAT, STAR, GOLD, FAKE, BANK, SWIM, BUMP, AND FACE are all dope

>idles
>guerilla toss
my man

I like heat, star, gold, face. The rest are mediocre to shit.

how is it good in your eyes overall if 4 songs are good and 13 are mediocre or trash?

Will do for sure, thanks.

I never said the album was good. I said it had about 4 good songs on it

oh I misunderstood I thought you meant the album was just good, not very good. You should give it another shot tho desu, it had to really grow on me. I didn't expect it to be as poppy as it was but after I kept listening to it it got catchy as fuck by the 3rd listen

imagine being this much of a pleb

Just wait one month famalams

>Iron Reagan
uh huh sweetie, that's 2016

Unordered