What album is he going to rip off next?

What album is he going to rip off next?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SM7D9XhgEIE
youtu.be/pOQpxg1r88c?t=16
youtube.com/watch?v=l7vRSu_wsNc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Literally all of these comparisons are grasping

Whoa shit, really? Maybe I should listen to Lonerism.

Innerspeaker

He's the Kubrick of music

The top picture is a fair claim but the bottom two are a stretch

It's bait laddie

Judging by that pic my parents will either love Tame Impala or think they are copycat pieces of shit

I think they are meh (and I like the Beatles and Supertramp, like my dad)

The fact that so many people still name Stanley Kubrick as the greatest or most significant or most influential director ever only tells you how far film still is from becoming a serious art.

Contemporary film makers never spoke highly of Kubrick, and for good reason. They could never figure out why his movies should be regarded more highly than their own. They knew that Kubrick was simply lucky to become a folk phenomenon (thanks to the Space Race, which had nothing to do with his film making merits). That phenomenon kept alive interest in his (mediocre) films to this day.

Kubrick sold a lot of copies of his films not because he was the greatest director but simply because his films were easy to sell to the masses they had no difficult content, they had no technical innovations, they had no creative depth. He shot a bunch of catchy 3-minute scenes with some decent cinematography. If somebody had not invented the Space Race in 1957, you would not have wasted your time reading this post about such a trivial director.

holy kek

tame impala is trash, listen to some real neopsych like this

yeah man tame impala sucks

yeah man, great opinion

So underrated around here

The purple rain one is complete bullshit.
If anything tame impala is basically "dude what if Michael Jackson was the lead singer of a psychedelic rock band"

youtube.com/watch?v=SM7D9XhgEIE

youtu.be/pOQpxg1r88c?t=16

>what if Michael Jackson was the lead singer of a psychedelic rock band
thats literally prince you fucking idiot
youtube.com/watch?v=l7vRSu_wsNc

So first he sounds like John Lennon, now Michael Jackson? Make up your mind
Innerspeaker sounds nothing like the Beatles, it does sound like a huge ripoff of ta det lugnt and 4 by Dungen though

Never heard this album before, but you've posted this in every thread about Tame Impala or psychedelic music in the past few days

Nevermind-Nirvana if the trend continues

Nah. Probably Screamadelica or Loveless

this would be awesome

It would be ideal for LP4, instead I feel like it's just gonna be Currents 2.0

Tame impala proabably aren't making another album KP has lost interest in psych and he's putting most of his pop efforts into producing and writing for other arists

Salad Days by Mac Demarco

He should go back to making guitar oriented spacey psych rock