Chris Isaak is a decent imitator.

?

Roy Orbison is so corny fuck outta here

Nothing corny about his singing ability

ill cum in you guys asses

yeah im just jealous

>fuck outta here
How to spot a room-temp IQ
Also - in 10 years max the next generation of Sup Forumstants is going to be calling your favorite music corny as fuck. Shitheel teenfags like you make this board nigh unbearable.

Don't threaten me with a good time

>room-temp IQ
Stealing this. That's fucking great.

We need more /lit/ on this board.

baby. i'll make you cry to the moon

I've made the moon my bitch back in '97. Wanna meet the past?

They call me Santa because my dick is the present.

Didn't everyone in the 50s-60s sound like him?

No?
What the fuck?

I didn't know Charlie Sheen made music

Hello present. My dick is the past - past 10 inches.

In Dreams: The Greatest Hits [Virgin, 1987]

From the reunited Everlys to Chuck Berry on Mercury, rerecorded best-ofs such as this seldom deliver magic or chops. The youthful buoyancy that kept the melodrama from getting soggy is in short supply with comparatively little tradeoff in the standard interpretive nuance. A quarter century later, his voice still socks and soars, and even if it's clear that on some songs only the artyfact will do ("Crying", "Running Scared", and "In Dreams"), nobody who wasn't there will swear to the authenticity of these marginally more tasteful recreations. After all, just how great were his hits anyway? Crowning him rock's first neurotic is as overwrought as damning Donald Duck for a protofascist--pop-rock (cum countrypolitan) self-pity has its own conventions and he is their slave. As a heretic who was there, and as someone who's not sure that Phil Spector was good for rock-and-roll, I'll stick with the artyfacts. They're certainly no worse. And versions you don't need. B

16 Biggest Hits [Monument/Legacy, 1999]

Not counting imports, there are now 13 best-ofs on 10 labels by this opera singer from the wrong side of the oil rig. Unless you worship Scott Walker, rockabilly, or both (a big unless), you need precisely one of them. There's no Sun ooby-doobie-booby here, just 16 of the 20 tracks on All-Time Greatest Hits of You-Know-Who, where you pay a buck apiece for four expendables, including Roy's third hit, which peaked at 27 while the other four went 2-9-1-2, wonder why. Here you get what you want: amazing vocal range, a beat that would give Scott Walker lumbago, the mystic miracles "Blue Bayou," "Only the Lonely," and "In Dreams," lesser product slow and fast, and one of the greatest records ever made: "Oh, Pretty Woman." A-

Eddy Arnold, Ray Price, Sonny James, Righteous Brothers , Everly Brothers...

Maybe not as smooth but all the same style.

Traditional pop and rockabilly, a small facet of the 50s. Don't say "everyone".

Did he have pipes?

You could say they were serious.