Overrated Artist Thread

Pic fucking related. Now don't get me wrong, they're good, but I've never understood why The Beatles were considered to be musical geniuses.

Other urls found in this thread:

scaruffi.com/vol1/beatles.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

George Harrison

Gorillaz. In the sense that Gorillaz only obtained major mainstream popularity with the worst album to ever be produced under the name.

Led Zeppelin

Love the Gorillaz but amen. Demon Days had like 3 good songs.

Hendrix / Morrison / Joplin died

Radiohead is my pick.
In Rainbows is great, OK computer as well, but all the rest of their stuff is pretty meh in my opinion.

Disagreed OP, the beatles are one of a handful (literally can count on my hands) of artists who I enjoy all the music of, and love a good percentage of.

Not talking about Demon Days. Mainstream only knows three Demon Days songs. Humanz was when Gorillaz ever took off with the mainstream throughout.

Ugh like you are so stupid The Beatles basically invented music. If you can't see that then you are ignorant

You think? Maybe it's cause I don't listen to the radio, but I've seen like zero exposure come out of that album. Seems like way more people were aware Demon Days.

I like some of their later stuff, but anything before SPLHCB is just bubblegum pop nonsense.

Songs from Humanz have overall vast more views on Youtube for every single song in the album compared to any other Gorillaz song. And really when it comes to Demon Days the average person knows what the album looks like and can mention Clint Eastwood or Dare, that's the extent of awareness most people have.
I would hardly call Humanz a Gorillaz album anyways, Damon is barely in it and there's no voice I can safely say was supposed to be Noodle like the other three albums.

Hmm, interesting. Yeah, it really was such a letdown. Let Me Out was really the only song I can say I legit enjoy.

Their later stuff is easily my favorite stuff of theirs, but it's also amongst my favorites period.

Their earlier stuff is poppy no doubt, but well done pop.

Sonic Youth
Talking Heads
Radiohead
Joy Division

You might've gotten dubs, but if you don't understand why The Beatles are considered musical geniuses, then you never will.

Any band is going to be overrated to someone who doesn't enjoy their music.

AC/DC? Queen?

Yes
No
Yes
Maybe

Did you start listening to music yesterday?

>Talking Heads
more like underrated

you really believe Rubber Soul and Revolver are bubblegum nonsense?

> And really when it comes to Demon Days the average person knows what the album looks like and can mention Clint Eastwood or Dare

Clint Eastwood is from S/T though. The mainstream-popular songs from Demon Days are Feel Good Inc., Dare and Dirty Harry, even though only the first one is really that popular in mainstream.

I agree so much
scaruffi.com/vol1/beatles.html

A W A R D W I N N I N G

off the top of my head:
radiohead
neutral milk hotel
aphex twin
the beatles
dr dre
any meme rap of 2010's (kendrick lamar, death grips, bones etc)

>talking heads
>overrated

Absolutely wrong.

>any meme rap of 2010's (kendrick lamar, death grips, bones etc)
absolutely this

This is the most limp sounding shit I've ever heard. And why does it sound so old? Even contemporary albums actually *sound* good, but the vocals are shit. How is this the most revolutionary band of the 60s?

Why are you trying to make me mad at you

listen to the smile sessions until you realise how wrong you are

the studio process behind making remain in light is reason enough to love it - plus its fun as shit
adrian belew gets my dick hard

2nd'd

Rubber Soul is my favorite album of theirs. Might be favorite of all time alongside Safe As Milk.

fucking homo.

you have no idea what you're talking about do you?

ACDC for sure, all their songs sound the same