I finally got around to listening to Sup Forums 's favorite girl

I finally got around to listening to Sup Forums 's favorite girl.

Way overproduced crapola. I mean, am I the only one that got ear raped by a thousand plugins and overly complex compositions?

what songs have you listened to?

>am I the only one that got ear raped
Probably. Most of the people find her music very enjoyable.

someone post the poll

Like I understand if you don't like Grimes, but that poll is fucking stupid. There are countless great artists that the vast majority of listeners would despise - Beefheart, Can, Faust, Robert Wyatt, Swans, Mr Bungle, Xiu Xiu, to name a few. (Not comparing her to those artists, just using them as examples.) Most people have shit taste desu

>overly complex compositions
This is true for many of her songs. I appreciate complexity in music, but if it brings out nothing to the table, it's worthless. She has nice ideas for sounds and textures but sometimes overcomplicates them for no reason and makes her music unengaging and shallow, and forgets about melodies which is the point of pop. She still has lots of time to mature and bring out that one awesome album.

expected autistic scapegoat grimesfag's response:

>She has nice ideas for sounds and textures but sometimes overcomplicates them for no reason and makes her music unengaging and shallow,
Ur just a massive plebster dat cant get into her music, dip!!!

>and forgets about melodies which is the point of pop
What r u talking about?!? She haz tons of great melodic sungs such as: [starts listing every single song from Vis and AA]

>She still has lots of time to mature and bring out that one awesome album.
She already have 4 awesome albumz you noob dimwit!! Also, catalog will b flooded with her nxt album, mark muh wrds pleb!!!

Haha yeah, that guy repeats same unfounfed and annoying arguments every time. I honestly miss discussing Grimes with objective and rational people who don't sound like a broken chatbot that's capable of only repeating 10 same sentences.

i hope our grimey is sleeping well

Yeh, I've noticed classical music user isn't that active anymore, too bad

You're absoluteky fucking right, Grimes fans should get run over

expected autistic scapegoat grimesfag's response:
Ur just mad bcuz we her fans troled u many tims!!* Leav d board if u get so mad, grms is here to stay!!1

Cuter too

>Swans, Mr Bungle, Xiu Xiu

all shit

Found the rapfag

Fuck my life

No dude. You're just not used to her sonic attack. This is her modus operandi: full on attack with lots of elements. It's not overproduction but maximalist production.

>Beefheart, Can, Faust, Robert Wyatt, Swans, Mr Bungle, Xiu Xiu, to name a few.
The differenece between them and Grimes is that she actually makes gorgeous melodies on top of some experimental elements.

This

>she actually makes gorgeous melodies on top of some experimental elements
so do can, faust, wyatt, and xiu xiu, espcecially roberty wyatt

Their melodies are way more subdued. Grimes put the melody front and center, from poppier songs like Genesis to her more obscure work like Rosa.

:^)

its fucking pop music dumbass

have you listened to early soft machine or a solo album like shleep. way more poppy and melodic focused than even art angels i would argue.

whu?

The complexity in her music is achieved through multiple layers of simpler elements. Sometimes she used some unexpected techniques probably because she didn't know music theory and had an "anything works" mindset.

A thought of her and her music makes me cringe only because of the Sup Forums fangirls. You aren't doing her a favor.

>being such a sensitive flower

Grimes is slightly above average but that's about it. Have no idea why half of Sup Forums creams their undies about her.

Yes?

>such a musical genius
>her music too complex for ya stupid brain
>16 year old girls also can have a taste, yo sexist pyg
I don't have a problem with her stuff, just keep it in your pants and stop spamming the board with her.

>Grimes is slightly above average but that's about it.
Who are you to measure her talent? Your opinion worth shit.

That hurts my feelings

And yours is worth even less, idiotic scapegoat. Go masturbate to her pics to calm down

Take your pills, you insane wanker

Why are grimes fans ao autistic

This.

I miss that grimes

pepole with good taste cant listen to her not ironically
she is a bad meme

Are there any real anons on here?

this is wrong af
only plebs can't get into her music

Don't talk about good taste when you have bad taste to hate such a great artist.

Im user as fuck

I guess nobody likes you other user

because female producers are insecure and overproduce

Fucking misogynistic pig, get out!

Women can't be sexist

I've started making it a point to actively avoid posting in obvious b8 threads where Grimes is concerned. Imo it can actually be kinda fun being the one person in a conversation professionally knowledgeable/serious about the general topic at hand (collegiate-level teaching of music history/theory/technology is almost certainly in my immediate future), but unfortunately TheGrimesSperg gets emboldened whenever I do. So I'm staying on the down-low - at least during periods when there isn't any actual Grimes news/music to discuss.

Any real anons speak up

how much are they paying you to hate grimes?

people who don't love grimes don't even deserve to live

what color is your hair?

New pic?

you don't have the intel of gents to dissect and take in her complex, high IQ music.
she doesn't compromise her sound for retards like you and anyone else who has an IQ less than 107, she doesn't want to water her music down.
honestly she's a legendary musician and people will play her music and talk about her genius for centuries to come.
you and your ilk can fuck off and listen to low IQ nigger music telling you how it's all the white man's fault all you want, whilst i'll continue listening to the aged fine wine that is grimes

She has yummy feet

Sry i can't work with that

Does anyone read her youtube comments? They're kind of nice sometimes

dark brown

ya

trips of the truth

when visions came out I totally did not dig it and thought she was wack as fuck. all these years later and it's finally grown on me for some reason. still think all her other releases are trash though.

she's a really cool person though

Looks good

height, eye color, glasses, gender, relationship status, body art, piercings, deformations, facial hair, pubic hair, pit hair, BMI, fat %

I'm not going to post that much on an anonymous forum for obvious reasons.

no

>pretending to have a point
>not even posting dubs

You're embarrassing.

no u

>Grimes fans unironically think anything she does is even close to experimental
Grimes should be banned desu

Do any of you even wear pants?

>being this hateful

see

She's mediocre at best.

Wow great arguments you're really convincing me that I should both take grimes seriously and not continue to dislike her

No

you really should

of course

Why?

take a proper listen to her music and you will understand why she is so great

Your loss. Her music is actually amazing.

REAL QUESTION FOR GRIMESFAGS

You have 2 choices

A. You continue having Grimes music now/in future

B. You get to fuck Grimes once, have a video copy of it but NEVER can listen to her music again and she stops making music forever

Which one?

I don't think we've listened to the same Grimes.

If i took them off would you die?

Can are the only ones of those that aren't shit.
>Mr. Bungle
Jesus fucking Christ, what a bad joke.

They're both so unappealing that the correct choice is to not play the game

A. To not have the possibilty to listen to her music anymore + no new music from her is legit nightmare.

(You)
You're not even a fan. That "game" wasn't for you.

>You're not even a fan. That "game" wasn't for you.
I wonder if you're aware of how embarrassing those two sentences were

Of course, I just as any normal fan would choose A. Including those who actually fell in love with her.

Only the second one is. The first one is perfectly valid:
>A. You continue having Grimes music now/in future
If you dismiss that, you're not a fan.

>Synth pop
>Overly complex compositions
What?

Yes. Synthpop could be complex too.

Grimes utilizes looping and layering techniques, particularly with vocals; many of her songs feature layers of over fifty different vocal tracks which create an "ethereal" sound.

Could.

>layering sound
>complex
Like saying that stacking pancakes makes for a more complex dish than eating one at a time.

Have you ever tried to make an ethereal vocal pattern consisting of fifty layers?

when you eat one too many and you wish to never see another pancake for the rest of your life

Have you ever tried to stack fifty pancakes?

>"ethereal" sound
fart noise

why should i?