This was fantastic. Any more postpunk like this?

This was fantastic. Any more postpunk like this?

listen to lowlife

Chameleons are so overrated

that is one pretry cover i gotta say

idiot

disintegration by the cure is the only other cinematic post-punk album on the top of my head that comes close to this

That's objectively false. They're extremely underrated.

Heaven Up Here by Echo & the Bunnymen was a pretty big influence on SotB.

the sound - from the lion's mouth

really? it looks awful

>Echo & the Bunnymen
Pretty underrated on Sup Forums in my opinion. Script of the Bridge I feel is just one of those special albums that has a genre, but is above it in a way. The Cure comes close like another poster said but it's hard to recommend anything as good or better, at least I havn't found anything

every 13 year old who just bought a joy division shirt with japanese lettering at urban outfitters likes them

It's less atmospheric but check out The Church's first album.

This. Post punk newfags overrate them so much

agreed, script of the bridge has some top tunes but the lyrics and certain exectutions are a bit medicore/cringe

sad lovers and giants - epic garden music.

Then share your superior knowledge

The problem with Sup Forums in a nutshell, "muh superior taste", music as a fashion accessory attitude.

Stop trying to explain away your insecurities. The reason people say it's overrated isn't because of some fashion statement, it's because they don't like the fact that some albums get unjust status over other better albums. Also it ends up that those overrated albums are constantly talked about whilst others are ignored

>some albums get unjust status over other better albums.
Yet only one person in this thread has recommended anything else. Saying it's overrated as a post-punk album is baseless unless you can back it up and help people find out more music in the genre at the same time. I'd agree as a whole it's weak in parts and it's probably longer than it should be, but Monkeyland into Second Skin is pretty incredible.

They're one of the best Post punk bands of that era besides Swell Maps.

I'll list post punk bands better than them
Pil
Swell maps
Mass
The ex
A certain ratio
The raincoats
The fall
The passage
Peer ubu
Pop group
This heat
Red krayola (they started out psychedelic but did some post punk albums that are better than the chameleons)
Tuxedomoon
The work

Wire - 154

>only 14 bands in the genre better than them
>overrated

their next 2 albums

Listen to Lowlife and Sad Lovers & Giants instead

>he thinks I claim to know all of post punk
Honey, you expect too much of me

lol not even close

This, keep going OP. I like their second album even more than Script of the Bridge in ways. And Strange Times is great too.

>lol not even close
Damn, what a list. You definitely proved him wrong.