Post your last 5 rates on rym and rec/discuss music

Post your last 5 rates on rym and rec/discuss music.

Don't be the guy who doesn't respond to anyone.

Yeah, I rated MGMT higher then the seer.
Not because it's more experimental or important musically, I just enjoy it more.

What did you think of To Be Kind?

their satanic request is very good I like 'she's like a rainbow'
some people say it was a 'failed experiment' to copy sgt peppers but I think thats bs
mgmt suc

bump

Bump

hmm... not sure if serious

Honestly, I like the seer slightly more then to be kind.
It has more standout tracks/moments for me.

That being said, I really need to revisit TBK, because it's been about a year or so.

I more or less agree with you on Comus, it's good, but didn't really hit home very hard for me.
Honestly that's probably my favorite track on the album, 2000 man, the jam song, and then that one steal the show in my opinion, if the other songs were all as good, I could easily see this being a classic album.

That being said I can easily hear where the sgt. pepper comparisons come in, and there's a few cringy moments where it seems like they're trying too hard.

But overall I enjoyed it.

As for the mgmt, I love psychedelic music, and I enjoy well written pop more so then most of Sup Forums, so it worked for me.
How's that bill withers album overall?
NGDB worth checking out aside from that album or is that their best?

>How's that bill withers album overall?
first songs are really good but it loses track it gets a bit black
but the first 5 tracks are really good

Where do you rank Bish Bosch among the rest of his albums?

it is worth checking out, they are a good band, but their discography is not like that album. their are more country rock than regular country/bluegrass, it is just that album and its sequels that are like that

Paul why

5/5

Yeah Art Bears is fucking tight actually

ooo that Aretha Album sounds right up my alley desu

Bish Bosch and Comus are great

White Suns - Sinews
Try Tages
Henry Cow - Stockholm & Göteborg (Listen to Erk Gah)

bumpo

It seems you fell for the Satanic Majesties meme

Do you not rate anything higher than a 4? Because that's the only acceptable reason for keeping Bish Bosch and First Utterance so low.

Just remember to lower these ratings once you've listened to more music, if you're not open to adjusting your ratings on things, you shouldn't use RYM

2/5

I too found Art Bears to be overly hyped but generally pretty good

Experience is Prodidgy's best album

kek fuck off dickhead

wears a fedora
small dicc

congratulations is a dope album and i dont blame you

jega - geometry

youre evil

I'm not going to overrate stuff, that's how you get meaningless ratings. Bish Bosh was good, but it didn't blow me away. Comus isn't that great except for Diana.

Bump

Bump

How to get your rym dark like this?

fat of the land good album

need to get into joan

i liked images too

recreational love has a couple cool songs but i agree with 3/5

userstyles.org

Bump

Chelsea Girl is a bad album, terrible in fact, and I'm not just saying that because Nico did...it's just so terrible in comparison to anything else she did

Trying to work through some 2017 stuff

faggot
loser
>giving albums five stars

pet sound should be lower

TMR should be lower

what did you think of sheer hellish miasma?

>Under 18

mods

Gameshark I rated a while ago but I changed which release I had rated so it's showing up more recently.
interested in hearing why you gave it a 3 out of 5. Have you heard Endtroducing by DJ Shadow? What do you think of that album, and how does it rate relative to Donuts in your opinion?

of Montreal should be lower

>unironically caring about whether or not someone rates an album 5 stars
kill yourself lad

In terms of plunderphonic instrumental hip hop, donuts is too mercurial for my tastes. I have endtroducing rated as a 4/5, as I prefer it's longer, more methodical approach.

I agree that maybe Donuts is a bit too eclectic for me, but I like both equally for their own merits. understandable position tho. I have both rated at a 4.5/5

I know poseur is a meme, but this guy fits it to a T

Bump

among her worst i agree
but it still has some gems

Bump

I've been listening through my record collection lately. I always shop at dollar stores and flea markets so I usually get weird stuff.

I've been wanting to listen to Satanic Majesties for a while. I like psychedelic stuff a lot.
(I hate decimal rating systems though)

What's the 'Got a Girl' album like? I've seen it a lot on here.

++++++Having Aretha, I love her stuff.

Agree with Pet Sounds and Rubber Soul but I can't stand fucking Please Please me for the life of me.

I tried really hard to get Pink Moon to click but I just can't into acoustic albums

Fucking hate TMR though.

What was the Hamilton mixtape like? I've been thinking about listening to it.

Two of those are drawing me in cover-alone.
(Bird and the Bee and Premiata)

Ben Gibbard - Former Lives

Bump

Bump

Bump

Bump

If nobody is responding is for something, they are not interested in thia thread, stop bumpimg

oh hey

Bump

Bump

Bump

this

Bump

I'd appreciate a reply

here is one

i like BatB's other stuff but PFM was fucking great