Post musical geniuses ITT

post musical geniuses ITT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=drrCyp91t7s
youtube.com/watch?v=2EaNs5zzCBY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rollins doesn't even play an instrument, you faggot.
Nor has he ever written any music.

If he's not a good musician than why is he so famous? Try again.

One need not play an instrument or write music to be a musical genius. You have a very narrow view of art.

*blocks your path*

>psst... hey kid... you wanna execute some jews?

He was a presenter on MTV 25 years ago.

Looks like a douche, but literally is a musical Prodigy

afx

he worked with god tier musicians
his role is obviously key but of debatable and varied importance

I don't really like the word genius though

he is the main songwriter for his solo/rollins band tho

I think one needs to be able to do one or the other. There are a slew of talented composers who couldn't play an instrument and a slew of talented instrumentalists who couldn't write or compose music, but each of those present a sizable understanding of what they're doing on a fundamental level. Most with that level of understanding can do both.

Having a narrow view of art isn't inherently a bad thing. In fact, the most detrimental mentality to exist within any medium of art is that which claims anything can be art because it's an "expression of the soul" or some such bullshit. Jandek is not a musical genius. Without a gauge of quality (or what you'd call "a narrow view of art"), art possesses zero value of any kind, physical, emotional, spiritual or otherwise.

i'm talking about rollins band, and yes, i do question exactly how much he actually composes musically without an instrument, regardless of what an amazing vocalist and writer he is how much could he possibly he composing?

ho boy just wait until you reach semester two of art history

Pic related is chorus for Good Vibrations. Mike Love's chorus makes the song accessible while using correct terminology. His best work for his entire fucking life.

i'm not in an art history class faggot

One of the greatest musicians in my world.

youtube.com/watch?v=drrCyp91t7s
youtube.com/watch?v=2EaNs5zzCBY

Every time I see his face I think about Sons of Anarchy.

> Without a gauge of quality (or what you'd call "a narrow view of art"), art possesses zero

No, that's the mentality of the nouveau riche

you don't think voice is an instrument?

I'm gay for this guy

>A multi-instrumentalist, Stevens is known for his use of the banjo, but also plays guitar, piano, drums, xylophone, and several other instruments, often playing all of these on his albums through the use of multitrack recording. While in school, he studied the oboe and English horn, which he also plays on his albums.
It turns me on. Always.

the correct answer

seconding aphex twin.
firsting this sexy madman

His vocals for black flag is the best there is

Keith Morris and Dez suck sorry to tell you

my man

I don't want to be emotionally dishonest...

I'm sorry but what the fuck are you on about with these electronic transitions