Can anyone help me decypher what kind of stone this is?

Can anyone help me decypher what kind of stone this is?

I just found it half submerged in a stream near me

Crystallized lump of shit, I’d say

Shekelite

Black shit looks like coal, rest looks like slag..so I'd say you have a piece of klinker.

it looks like a big melted bit of glass. can you shine light through it at all? post pictures if possible?

Its super heavy and the black shit is harder than a rock

Looks like compressed polygranite and weathered cement. probably eroded off the exterior of a waterway or bridge.

Melted glass, in the most likely case, someone had a fire near by and it ended up in the water after

I was in the middle of the forest in literal bfe lol

You know the rules!
Tits or GTFO

...fuck guys what is up with you all. She has colored nails and she's a girl so TITS OR GTFO

Jk Pulled everything I said out of my ass, idk wtf im talking about. Was it at least believable?

OP probably has colored nails because he's a faggot, not because he's a girl.

GOVERNMENT EXPERIMENT THAT HAS REDUCED THE HUMAN FORM TO THAT OF A ROCK WHILE KEEPING IT SENTIENT

IF YOU HAVE A HEART OUT IT OUT OF ITS MISERY

post a picture of the rock between your tits OP

I dont think Sup Forums likes traps...so back to the rock decyphering lol

Dragon glass.

U know the rules bitch

>I dont think Sup Forums likes traps
you thought wrong

You live near a foundry?

Not anywhere near where this was found, it was in the river, along the mountain i was hiking

thats the thing an owl pukes out every so often, but its FUCKING HUGE

cool find, probably contains a bunch of mouse bones

You clearly don't understand the rule "There are no girls on the internet."
It's meant so that girls do not use their gender specifically to attention whore. I.e. telling everyone they are girl despite the fact that their gender has nothing to do with what they are saying or askin specifically to get more attention than they would have if their gender hadn't been disclosed. If they do this then they are whoring for attention, and so they should go all the way and show us tits like the whore they are being, in which case we acknowledge they have accepted they are a whore and proceed or they gtfo.
It's not their just so every girl who uses Sup Forums is for some reason forced to show us their tits.

maybe it flowed down the river?? still waiting for you to post a picture with a flashlight shining through it

It doesnt appear to shine thru at all

It could be a piece of flint. Try chipping it with something, if it's flint it'll break off in flat pieces if you hit it in the right spot.

Obsidian

Geologist here. It's a couple of pieces of chert in a mudstone matrix.

>Can anyone help me decypher what kind of stone this is?
>
>I just found it half submerged in a stream near me
Obsidian

put the flashlight behind it, right up against the rock and shine it through while taking a picture of the other side. it really just looks like a big chunk of slag from glass production or something volcanic in nature like obsidian. even if you never figure out what it is i recommend you keep it because it looks pretty cool there's no crystal structure to it it just looks like something that was melted and cooled down

I'll tell you but only if you post dick pics

That would be pointless considering there is no part of it that is translucent

petrified dinosaur dung

>BSc in geology
OP it looks like hematite, specifically kidney ore hematite.

Incorrect

Underrated dubs

take a metal piece as big as a needle and put it on it, do it stick to it?

Nope

Under-underated dubs

i'm geophysics and my petrology/minerology is fairly mediocre so i definitely think this rock is mostly composed of an iron bearing mineral (probably hematite) but that's all I've got. Seems like it could be industrial ore processing byproduct

It could very possibly be klinker, hard to determine without physically seeing it.

This could be petrified dung. Could be a conglomerate of jasper and obsidian. Take it to a shop, but don't sell it.

OP is there a railroad near you?

Also, is the rock magnetic? Meaning don't put some metal on it but put an actual magnet on it and see if there's attraction.

its your pet rock

Its a conglomerade: the grey stuff is probably some tye of silicate, the burgundy part looks more like a polymer so some kind of resine?
The black is most likely quartz

>processing byproduct

THIS AND /THREAD

This is a fondry byproduct. nothing else

What does it taste like?

Nope. It's not a conglomerate and the black part is certainly not quartz due to the concoidal fractures.

Try scratching it with a knife to give us some reference on how hard it is. Could narrow some stuff down

Slag, from an ore melting/smelting operation.

The black rock appears to be obsidian. Not sure about the rest, seems to be a volcanic rock.

ha, fag

How new are you?

It is slag. Image search for slag rock. Its what you're left with after smelting.

clinker

the stony residue from burned coal or from a furnace.

Your a slag

It means you're gay