The great debate

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s1tAYmMjLdY
youtube.com/watch?v=_wMa_t5cBgY
youtube.com/watch?v=7iNbnineUCI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>early 90s to early 2000s fags vs. late 90s to mid 2000s fags

green day is still around kinda

they're not cool enough for me to listen to so heh... sorry, kiddo.

I chose puberty

Green Day easily.

1,039 - Warning is some great pop punk.

Honestly Blink 182

>
>74684916
Agreed, Green Day wins by a landslide.

They did the Blink sound (arguably, better as well), but also at least were able to move beyond that sound for better and for worse.

Blink have been a cool group for years, but never produced as much or as great material as Green Day did. Pretty much any way you look at it, Green Day has the upper hand comparatively

>listening to pop punk
What's my age again?

where as blinks music stays teenage pop punk
green days music grows up as you did.

Green Day and its not even close

green day music grew in faggotry

90s America sucked so much

Enema of the State was the only good album out of either of them

unfortunately

The one that made Dookie

I choose The Offspring.

You simply *cannot* honestly think this.
There's actually no way you could like Enema and not be able to appreciate albums like Dookie or Insomniac or Kerplunk.

both horrible but i guess blink 182 because i've never had to listen to an entire song by them

Yeah bro I like both of those albums okay but for real Enema is the only one I'd call top tier. Honest opinion.

dookie and nimrod are dope.
enema and toypaj are dope.

Alright, fair then. But I'll ask what makes Enema great but Dookie not as much so?
I feel like they have the same flux-and-flow in and out of maturity/immaturity, both are succinct and fast albums that are easy to listen to, catchy riffs and melodies in like every song, apropos lyrics about growing up on both...they're so equal in my eyes

I'm huge on both bands, but I'll give you that Dysentery Gary has one of the greatest riffs either band ever did

blink 182
youtube.com/watch?v=s1tAYmMjLdY

maybe it was just the time for me and not having exposure to Green Day but fuck, Enema was so much better to me. It flows so fluently and has so much meaning to me. let\s agree to disagree

blink for sure
green day took themselves too seriously for being a fucking pop punk band. they also were never that good. in retrospect, neither were blink 182 by virtue of being pop punk, but they're way more fun to listen to.

Did Blink 182 ever try to get deep and edgy? If not than I vote for them.

somewhat, in their self-titled

Blink 182

Yeah I think so. Green day were very good, but would have been better being a bit less popular and a bit more controversial. Blink are what they are despite their troubles.

to tell the truth I like the Offspring more than both of these guys

S U M 4 1

U

M

I've not followed them. I feel we should bring Smashmouth into the discussion at this point.

I vote not being a faggoty cuck

Blink 182, from my experiences as a teenager

Chuck was a solid album

nah bro Smashmouth is meme tier

youtube.com/watch?v=_wMa_t5cBgY
youtube.com/watch?v=7iNbnineUCI

Offspring are pretty cool

$6.5 million advance for Ixnay on the hombre. God damn. That's even before Americana

Blink. No contest

Sounds like Roger Waters

New Found Glory

shit yeah I fucking love that song
I wish there was mos more Offspring threads on Sup Forums

This

Fat Lip is a guilty pleasure for me, since I learned power chords on guitar from it

Ironically only the songs they wrote when they were young have any potential to grow up with you. American Idiot and onwards age horribly.

A.F.I.

NOFX

Well Green Day have Kerplunk,Dookie,Insomniac,Nimrod,Warning and half of American Idiot and Blink have self-titled and I guess some parts of enema so overall Green Day is absolutely better

Blink probably. Propagandhi is better than both though

Me and a friend used to fight about that a lot, I was/am Green Day he was Blink. I think Green Day are way more solid, Blink has a few fun songs but that's it.

Lost contact with the fellow in my scene-phase, never took it up again, but he's a unemployed "bodybuilder" with basically zero education so I'm fine.

DOOOOOO YOU HAVE THE TIME

>an actual genius

Imagine having a fucking blast in the 90's and early 00's making fun music and having a lot of fun and making a shitton of money so you just can chill for the rest of your life.

Blink had 1 great album (enema) and the rest is dog shit

Green Day was pretty consistent up to and including Warning, but none of their albums is as great as Enema of the State IMO

would never go out of my way to listen to either though

I've seen it. It doesn't always end well

Dookie and Blink's self-titled are the only ones from these two I can listen to without wanting to suicide.