Macaroni and cheese is a SOUP

Macaroni and cheese is a SOUP.

If you can put it on a plate, it is not macaroni and cheese. If you can eat it with a fork, it is not macaroni and cheese. There should be more volume of milk than macaroni. If adding the cheese packet changes the texture of the milk, there is not enough milk. The macaroni need not be soft mush, you should still make them firm-ish, as long as they swim in milk when served. Kraft original dinner is the only kind. No shells, no spirals, no wheels, just plain macaroni. No Velveeta, no other melted cheese, only the original powdery kind. I can't be the only sensible person with this opinion. This is what mac and cheese should look like, not some sticky, gooey slop.

Jesus Christ, get your shit together people.

>cheese packet
And the yanks think British food is bad.

Who are you to tell me how to make my food, or whether it meets up to your narrow definitions.

This isn't Germany. This is america. My mac and cheese can be a fucking casserole if I want

You are the definition of subhuman

>soft mush
>not al dente
Have some class even if it comes from a box.

nah, grated cheddar on top, baked in t'oven.

Chaotic evil

The rest of the world thinks our food is bad, actually. And after traveling the world I can say they're right.

Well i guess i was eating it wrong

Homemade mac and cheese from scratch isn't even that hard to make and is infinitely better than any boxed garbage.

trips have spoken

You can do what you like in your home.
In Mine? The boxes almost all call for Quarter cup of butter or some other more foul substances. and a Quarter cup of Whole Milk.

Mixed in a pan these are great trail foods.

But in many homes they have access to ovens and REAL cheese.

This

NEETs who live in houses with real kitchens have no excuse not to make real food

Honestly I've seen some fucking disgusting shit in my years on Sup Forums but this takes the cake. KYS faggot.

Southerner here

OP is doing this completely wrong, macaroni is something you BAKE

This

Made homemade once and never wen't back

You realize real mac and cheese calls for butter and milk as well, right? It's not just melted cheese on noodles.

True. Macaroni makes a better casserole than literally any fucking thing else.

This is a troll, right?

what about lasagna

Still casserole. I could sit with a pan of that shit and a salad fork and be more than content with life.

He meant that Lasagna is a better casserole than Mac and Cheese.

lasagna is a better casarole than macaroni

Anybody have any good recipes/techniques for making good mac and cheese? I've never made it myself from scratch and now I kind of want to.

>cant afford to make lasagna
I wouldnt mind having it if i wasnt living on my own on burger king pay.

Okay I've always felt this way and my family has shamed me into being a fucking mac and casual.

Fight the good fight you beautifull paragon.

>mac and casual

I got you.

>1/4 cup butter melted in a pan
>whisk in a little under 1/4 cup of flour. Eyeball it and remember you're making sauce not glue
>cook that shit until it starts to turn a very pale brown and smell really good.
>quickly dump in 1 1/2 cups of milk, cook until it thickens to your liking
>add cheese. At least a cup. More if you like. Any kind that melts works. For your first try, I'd suggest a good sharp or medium cheddar
>season to taste
>cook until cheese is melted and sauce is gooey.
>if the sauce starts to turn to glue suddenly at any point, add more milk and never stop stirring
>once you think it's thick enough, pour the sauce over a whole box of cooked elbows in a baking dish and mix
>cover with more cheese, then foil
>bake that shit for 20 minutes at 350
>remove foil and broil until the cheese is toasty and delicious looking. Very small portions of the cheese should look like they're super close to burning.

From here, you can experiment. I've done smoked mozzarella and sharp cheddar. Also done smoked Gouda with crispy bacon mixed in.

Also, you can try swapping the cheese on top for seasoned bread crumbs mixed with powdered parmesan if that's more your style.

No.

People actually are this British.

Damn. Good shit my man.

It really is good shit. Made this for dinner last night and my fiance loved it.

My stomach is so queasy I don't think I could hold that down